15 replies to this topic

#1 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 10:07 PM

There are two ways to host a Flight Simulator game, one way is through the game itself, the other is using a program called FSHost 3.0.  I will run through both.

1) First to host a Flight Simulator game through Flight Sim, go into the multiplayer window (i'll use FS2004 but is same for other sims)
Posted Image

2) Click on open Multiplayer Session
Posted Image

3) Click on Host at the bottom of the screen
Posted Image

4) Type in the details for the Multiplayer session and set the maximum amount of Pilots and observers, I'm calling mine Free Flight, once that is done click Ok
Posted Image

5)Once that is done it will show up the next screen and after that you can create a flight and start flying
Posted Image

But now you need pilots to join you, so you need to give them an IP address to let them connect to your session, here is how you can do it.

1) Go to Start > Run

2) In the run box type 'ipconfig' and you will get your IP address, give this out to players to join your session.  You can advertise it on the Zone FS rooms.

Another way is to go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and that will give you your IP address which you can give out.

Edited by WarrenGmon, 24 January 2004 - 10:09 PM.

#2 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 10:21 PM

Ok now if you want to Host a game using FSHost 3.0

First download the plane from http://www.chocolate...are.com/fshost/

Once Downloaded run the program and you will get something looking like this Posted Image

Notice the line in red, above. This shows your current IP address (11.22.33.44 -- yours will of course be different). This is the IP address people will use in Flight Simulator to connect to your server. If you're advertising your game on the MSN Gaming Zone (http://zone.msn.com/flightsim2002/ or http://zone.msn.com/fs2004/), put the IP address in the "Info" box for your game. When you use FSHost on the Zone, people need to connect directly to your IP address -- you don't use the "Launch" feature on the Zone.

Playing in your own game

If you want to fly in the game as well as host it, you just connect your game to FSHost like everyone else does. When you connect your game to your own FSHost, you do it exactly the same way.  The only difference is that you can leave the IP address box blank, and just click Search. This is because both the game and FSHost are on the same machine. (Note that you don't click the Host button in your game -- that's what FSHost is for)

NOTE for FS2004:  When connecting FS2004 to FSHost on the same machine, you need to configure FS2004 to use a different port from what FSHost is using for the "2004 Host Port" (on the Options / Session window).  By default, FSHost and FS2004 both use port 23456.  It's best to change your own FS2004 to use a different port such as 23455, and leave FSHost on the default port.  This way other people connecting to your session will still be able to find your game.  To change the Connect port in FS2004, click "Multiplayer" on the FS2004 startup screen, then click "Open Multiplayer Session", then on the screen where you type in the IP address, click "Client Settings", and set the "Connect" port to be 23455.  Then click OK, and you should be able to click Search again and find your own session.

Note that this is only for your own FS2004.  Other players should use the same port your FSHost uses.
Posted Image

NOTE: This is just a basic Getting Started with FSHost 3.0, to get a more detailed explanation of how to use it go to http://www.chocolate...are.com/fshost/ Then go to the help page which shows and explains all the different parts of using FSHostt 3.0

#3 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:05 AM

Sorry, there might be a few spelling errors in there.....

Does this mean that this topic will be added as an Article, and if so do i get 'Contributor' under my name instead of 'Member' ???  :P  :o  B)

#4 Jon

Jon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:48 PM

We'll definitely add this as an article - good info there, especially for newcomers.   lol, you're well on your way to "Contributorship." :o :P

Thanks!
Jon

#5 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:39 AM

Thanks Jon, i really apreciate it :o , any time i'm willing to help and i hope this helps some people. Thanks again.

#6 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 01:12 AM

Is this article of any use? or have i wasted my time writing it?

#7 Robin.

Robin.

Contributor\Download Manager\formerly Robin.B

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:42 AM

I bet it will be use, don't worry :o

#8 Mul.

Mul.

Contributor\First Class Member\Hardware Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,362 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 07:22 AM

how can a fs2002 person get in a fs2k4 host???

#9 Raligard

Raligard

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 02:21 PM

mul, on Mar 21 2004, 07:22 AM, said:

how can a fs2002 person get in a fs2k4 host???
Unless the host denies FS2002 players, you can connect exactly the same as normal. While I am not sure of a FS2004 hosted game will allow FS2002 playes, I do know that FSHOST servers will allow them unless their SyOps deny them. Most do not. Akroma allows all FS2002 and FS2004 players.

#10 Fsimfan

Fsimfan

Download Manager\Contributor\Moderator

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,357 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:29 PM

Very helpful, thanks for the :o   info.

#11 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:24 AM

No worries :o

#12 skydiver173

skydiver173

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image

Hey!  Thats my server!  :P  :o
SkysServer

Edited by skydiver173, 11 May 2004 - 10:07 AM.

#13 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:44 AM

Yep, i use to fly on that server a bit.

#14 FroGGer

FroGGer

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:29 PM

Is the multiplayer environment like flying with squakbox.  where there are live atc and stuff like that?  I just asking because I am not really sure.  Or is the point of it just to have other "real world" planes in you game.

#15 Unitedair312

Unitedair312

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:18 PM

could i join one, because i am having trouble hosting my own, i followed the tourtail step by step, and it was not working

#16 Trent.

Trent.

formerly Esuvee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:22 AM

I used a IP that I know has a 24-7 multi-game going..clicked search and nothing showed up. :D