138 replies to this topic

#21 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 05:24 AM

100 posts a week until the end of the year will only get you 4800 posts.  So that makes 14 posts a day until the end of the year.........That's 1 post every hour until the end of the year, to only get 4800 posts........
:o  B)  ;)  B)  :P

#22 Znoopy

Znoopy

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:34 AM

100 posts a week until the end of the year will only get you 4800 posts. So that makes 14 posts a day until the end of the year.........That's 1 post every hour until the end of the year, to only get 4800 posts........
:o :P B) ;) B) :blink: :huh: :lol: :P :D ;) :( :) :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edited by Znoopy, 28 January 2004 - 06:34 AM.

#23 UltimatePilotAce

UltimatePilotAce

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 05:12 PM

OOPS!

Edited by UltimatePilotAce, 28 January 2004 - 05:13 PM.

#24 funtown34

funtown34

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 01:42 AM

WarrenGmon, on Jan 28 2004, 04:24 AM, said:

100 posts a week until the end of the year will only get you 4800 posts.  So that makes 14 posts a day until the end of the year.........That's 1 post every hour until the end of the year, to only get 4800 posts........
:o  B)  ;)  B)  :P
Was that aimed at me?

#25 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 01:55 AM

No way was it aimed at you, it wasnt aimed at anyone, i was just getting my brain back in working order, i just started back at school and had to do something to get going again.  

Hehehe, but it is funny how many posts people r gunna have to do to get to the 5000 mark. :o  B)  :P

#26 +Justin

+Justin

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 02:16 PM

just an idea.... have it so that if a person gets over like 100 posts they can set their own title? :o

#27 Fox

Fox

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:24 PM

yay, I'm IFR! :o

#28 Dr_Evil

Dr_Evil

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 07:40 PM

Oh right! I get it now!

Any way to buy credit to boost your rating? If so, how much for the posting credit for the "silencer thread". I want to lay dibs on that one! The way it's going I'll be the first  -???  :o  by May!

How cool a title is -???  :P

I want to be one of them!

Edited by Dr_Evil, 10 February 2004 - 07:41 PM.

#29 Pu239

Pu239

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:05 PM

I don't want to rain on this idea, but I think its causing more trouble then its worth....
I've noticed more and more "spam" posts since this started. Which is making it really had to track threads that are interesting....
You get guys who come on once per day and just post one post in each thread with the simple "that's great", or "great shot", when you can see by the time on their posts across the threads,  that they didn't even have time to download the pictures they're commenting on.....
This kind of thing forces various threads to drop off the pages before anybody gets a chance to look at them...I've had to set my board settings to show 40 (max) topics per page so I can find what I'm looking for a little faster and see the new posts with out having to walk through multiple pages...
Which I think sucks for people who post screen shots, that by the time people get on to look at them, they've already dropped of the page...so nobody sees them...and if one of the "spammers" posts there, you know you aren't getting a sincere response to your shot....just someone trying to increase their post count....

It's just my opinion....
Pu239

#30 peterock

peterock

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:51 PM

Hey there Pu239,

I hate to say it, but your comments were basically my first thoughts when I started reading this thread.  At least your post helps me keep this one short.

peterock

#31 TheNorthFace

TheNorthFace

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:48 PM

5000 Post = Spammer!

#32 BrianF

BrianF

formerly BrianFeinzimer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:20 PM

Pu239, on Feb 13 2004, 12:05 PM, said:

I don't want to rain on this idea, but I think its causing more trouble then its worth....
I've noticed more and more "spam" posts since this started. Which is making it really had to track threads that are interesting....
You get guys who come on once per day and just post one post in each thread with the simple "that's great", or "great shot", when you can see by the time on their posts across the threads,  that they didn't even have time to download the pictures they're commenting on.....
This kind of thing forces various threads to drop off the pages before anybody gets a chance to look at them...I've had to set my board settings to show 40 (max) topics per page so I can find what I'm looking for a little faster and see the new posts with out having to walk through multiple pages...
Which I think sucks for people who post screen shots, that by the time people get on to look at them, they've already dropped of the page...so nobody sees them...and if one of the "spammers" posts there, you know you aren't getting a sincere response to your shot....just someone trying to increase their post count....

It's just my opinion....
Pu239

peterock, on Feb 19 2004, 7:51 PM, said:

Hey there Pu239,

I hate to say it, but your comments were basically my first thoughts when I started reading this thread. At least your post helps me keep this one short.

peterock

Both of you, I could not agree more and I could say I was also think the same thing as you Pu239 and peterock.  I can admit I have done a little bit of this but at least I let the page load and read all of the text abou tthe stuff and looked at the shots.  So long!

Edited by BrianFeinzimer, 11 April 2004 - 01:23 PM.

#33 cx409

cx409

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 04:16 AM

Tell Brad to post 5000, then we'll know! (NOTE: Unfortuanately, he only has 2117 posts to today i think)

#34 cx409

cx409

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 04:21 AM

Why don't just reduce the 5000 to 1 :P :o

#35 FlightSim56

FlightSim56

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 07:29 AM

I Think 5000 Will Equal Spammer Pilot  :o

#36 newflyer

newflyer

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 07:54 PM

Pu239, great post, I really do think it's unfortunate how little thought it put into some posts, and how it's just "nice shots!" and then that drops lots of things down off the page, I second Pu239!

#37 tikiman06

tikiman06

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:51 PM

BrianFeinzimer, on Apr 11 2004, 01:20 PM, said:

Pu239, on Feb 13 2004, 12:05 PM, said:

You get guys who come on once per day and just post one post in each thread with the simple "that's great", or "great shot", when you can see by the time on their posts across the threads,  that they didn't even have time to download the pictures they're commenting on.....

It's just my opinion....
Pu239

peterock, on Feb 19 2004, 7:51 PM, said:

Hey there Pu239,

I hate to say it, but your comments were basically my first thoughts when I started reading this thread. At least your post helps me keep this one short.

peterock

Both of you, I could not agree more and I could say I was also think the same thing as you Pu239 and peterock.  I can admit I have done a little bit of this but at least I let the page load and read all of the text abou tthe stuff and looked at the shots.  So long!
well, i hope no one thinks i am a spammer, because i have high speed internet so the pics load very quickly, and what more can someone say than grerat pics...i don't think anyone wants to read an essay describing why they liked each picture

#38 cx409

cx409

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:47 AM

Suggestion to Brad:

create a member (name it like test_member or something)
set the post count to 5001 (through admin cp)
and let us see what it is!

:o

#39 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:53 AM

And give away the secret?  No way! :o

#40 Hornet

Hornet