3 replies to this topic

#1 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

I know you all must be really tired of all these AI questios but i would really like this problem to be fixed

Alright, here it is;

I have the payware Imagine Sim scenery for Denver Intl, and its really a nice product, but, the airlines never seem to park in the right places. United airlines dominates all but one gate at concourse B in real life, but in the game I have Frontiers and Americans and
sometimes even a continental or 2 parked at concoarse B, while there are other United planes parked at parts of A and C where they do not operate. I have the AFCAD from imagine sim's website with static planes, and all the parking codes seem to be correct but almost none of the airlines follow them.

If anyone knows how i could get airlines to park at their gate or no gate, please tell me how to fix this

Thanks,

wyoairbus

#2 YakYak

YakYak

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:56 PM

not only do you need to make sure the parking codes are correct in the AFCADs, but also in the aircraft.cfg for your AI planes.

i'm guessing some of your AI planes have nothing in their parking codes, thus they are just showing up randomly.

-feng

#3 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

It could one problem, it could be a combination of problems.  As YakYak mentioned, it could be a problem between the AFCAD parking designators and the atc_parking_codes= entries in the aircraft.cfg files.  It could also simply be that you have too much AI scheduled into Denver.

(For example)  20 parking spots for UA, 5 parking spots for AA, 3 parking spots for Frontier, but you have 6 AA and 5 Frontier arriving/departing at a given time, FS2004 ATC is going to put the extra AA/2 extra Frontier in the first available parking spots of the correct size, regardless of what designators have been assigned to the parking spots.  The assumption is that you WANT all of that AI traffic in there and the quantity is more important to you than a smooth flow of AI in the correct parking spots.  There's no way around this except to trim your AI back some or add more parking spots for AA and Frontier.

Here's the FS2004 ATC priority for parking:

1.  First available spot, of the correct size for the aircraft to be parked, where the arriving airline's code is the FIRST designator for the parking spot.  If there is no such spot available,

2.  First available spot, of the correct size for the aircraft to be parked, where the arriving airline's code is the SECOND designator for the parking spot.  If there still is no such spot available,

3.  First available spot, of the correct size for the aircraft to be parked, where there is no airline code assigned to the parking spot.  If there still is no such spot available,

4.  First available spot, of the correct size for the aircraft to be parked, regardless of any designator for the parking spot.  If there still is not such spot available,

5.  The particular AI aircraft times out and simply disappears from the scenery.

That process is applied to ALL of the AI, whether arriving or departing.  With the 5 Frontier spots in the above example, if you have 3 arriving and 3 scheduled to depart close together, you have one too many Frontier aircraft for the number of parking spots available.  One of them is going to be put in an AA or UA parking spot, or -- if all of the AA and UA parking spots are full -- just disappear (never park, or never show up for departure).  If that results in all of the AA spots being filled and an AA aircrat needs to be parked, then the AA aircraft will be parked in a UA parking spot, and that cause an arriving/scheduled to depart UA aircraft to never make it into the scenery.  It cascades around the ramp/gates.

If you use AFCAD v2.21 to verify the atc_parking_codes assigned to the spots versus those in the individual aircraft.cfg folders, and those are correct, then your problem is too much AI for the number of spots available PER AIRLINE.

Edited by sarge, 10 July 2006 - 08:55 AM.

#4 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:42 PM

That helps alot, thankyou all for the replies, i will go see what i can do to fix this

the wierd thing is though, if there are too much aircraft (and at Denver nearly every gate is filled 24/7 so that must be it) I have Frontier aircraft parking in United's spots and United aircraft parking in Frontier's spots, both of the same size.

according to imagine sim's website, all the gates are correctly assigned

so i will go check the aircraft cfg's and then turn down the traffic

thanks again,

wyoairbus