- - - - -

February 2004 Screenshot Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

Poll: Which screenshot deserves to win? (108 member(s) have cast votes)

Which screenshot deserves to win?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#101 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 12:55 PM

Hahaha

#102 Guest_JetBlue112_*

Guest_JetBlue112_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2004 - 03:41 PM

My vote goes to 15, its an awsome shot :o

#103 PiP

PiP

Cruising at FL140

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:29 PM

Any desighers here notice #23's lazy textures behind the door. that exhaust thing is just 1 polygon!  :o

#104 l33t_fly3r

l33t_fly3r

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 05:42 PM

2 more voted to reach 100 :o .

#105 Tom.D

Tom.D

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 08:57 PM

#25 gets mine, just love WestJet!!! looks like a good plane, whered u get it??  btw this was a hard one, it was down between 11 and 25. good job everyone! :P  B)  :o

#106 timser

timser

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 10:36 AM

[FONT=Arial] :o
Hi, ive not been on for a few months but could someone tell me how i post for the competition please? I have added my entry for February.

Enjoy!

Timser

Attached Files

#107 andrew19882000

andrew19882000

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 10:40 AM

the competiton is closed so you can only vote.  (do that if you have not done so)

#108 Dr_Evil

Dr_Evil

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 07:45 PM

After I posted my vote (4), I was pleased to see it had pooled a good percentage! It made me feel like a decent member of society! Then I looked at some of the ones with larger number of voters! I won't give their numbers out but I must feel that there are some who have their friends voting for them!

With people so developed in the art of dishonesty and the internet in a stage of naivety (XXX not withstanding), abuse is of such potential!

(I have never entered but I reckon I could put a winner in next month by cheating! I could submit enties to many ISPs and get free e-mail adressess (some give many) and then join the forum as all of them! Then I'd vote for me with all of them!  Dr Evil wins again! (not that he's actually won anything to date)

Brad, John! How do you prevent this?

Incidentally, I do have a shot I just love which I'd love to enter but I have given my VA exclusivity of it until they don't pick it!

#109 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 01:06 AM

uhh i believe the rules state that you must have at least 10 posts in the forum before you can vote, thats how i think cheating is stopped.

#110 Fox

Fox

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 06:51 AM

ahh, brad and jon sure aren't early risers :o

Congrats number 11! and also number 2 just behind 1 vote.

#111 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:22 AM

Who says we wanted to end it first thing this morning. :o

I'll be updating the entries in a few minutes with their respective authors...

#112 Jon

Jon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:40 AM

Dr_Evil, on Feb 9 2004, 07:45 PM, said:

With people so developed in the art of dishonesty and the internet in a stage of naivety (XXX not withstanding), abuse is of such potential!

(I have never entered but I reckon I could put a winner in next month by cheating! I could submit enties to many ISPs and get free e-mail adressess (some give many) and then join the forum as all of them! Then I'd vote for me with all of them!  Dr Evil wins again! (not that he's actually won anything to date)

Brad, John! How do you prevent this?
A while back we wrote some code that evaluates votes for cheating/abuse potential.  We have been monitoring this month's contest and found *very* few potential abuses (not enough to sway the contest).  Thank you everybody for keeping things above board!  Simmers seem to be very honest. :P  That said, we have already planned to make a small change to the March contest rules that will make it more difficult for such unscrupulous dictators as yourself, Dr. Evil. :o  The rule is that nobody may use the same computer (IP address) to vote for the same screenshot.  Because a very small number of votes come from proxies we will check duplicate IPs by hand (for example some AOLers are proxied and appear to use the same IP address so they will be permitted).  Most proxies will be disallowed though unless approved by Brad or myself.  Now that we're offering prizes it's only fair to the upstanding members of this community. B)

#113 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 10:02 AM

Ok, the entries have now been updated to reflect the authors.  And the winner is...

Pavehawk!

Congratulations Pavehawk, and great job everyone!  This contest was the hardest one yet for me to vote on - it took me several days to decide!

Thanks again to FSGenesis for sponsoring this month's contest - once you fly VFR using their mesh, you'll never go back (personal experience!)

See you on March 1st!

Brad & Jon