11 replies to this topic

#1 nashir

nashir

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:22 AM

hi, has anyone tried to make scenery with traffic on raods? i made some low poly cars and bus for traffic...and saved them as aircrafts...then i used afced to make taxiways witout runways so the traffic DOES appear, but only on specific raods, that i have used as taxiways (i think u understand what i mean ;)) so i was wonmdering....is there an easier way to do this? maybe make moving traffic as a scenery file? .bgl file? but am not a very experienced designer so i wouldnt really know that.....so ANY ideas???????
all comments are welcome.....and please don't say "give up man" coz am not going to...i have already gotten traffic...BUT its not easy to make AND troublesome too.. thanx again in advance  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :D  :jawdrop:  :D  :lol:  :D  :)

#2 nashir

nashir

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

hi all...is it possible to make airports that don't show up on ATC 's : nearest airport list???
i made "airport" to station parked cars, that move as airplane but on roads..problem is that in a cessna these icao codes appear that i don't want :D  how to get rid of these ICAO codes ?????????:lol::D:D

#3 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:39 AM

nashir, on Aug 14 2006, 11:26 AM, said:

hi all...is it possible to make airports that don't show up on ATC 's : nearest airport list???
i made "airport" to station parked cars, that move as airplane but on roads..problem is that in a cessna these icao codes appear that i don't want :D  how to get rid of these ICAO codes ?????????:lol::D:D
Double post; merged into single topic in correct area
Sorry; but if you make it in AFCAD, it has to have a 3- or 4-letter airport identification code; and, it will show up in FS9's facility data listing.  AFCAD is for modifying/creating "airports", not car parks; consequently, all the information in AFCAD is targetted for input to the sim's facility data.  The only way around it is to create the car park NEAR an existing airport as part of that airport's 3D scenery.

Just curious: how are you activating the vehiclular AI?  Are flightplans with flight altitudes of "000" accepted and processed by TTools?

Edited by sarge, 14 August 2006 - 10:42 AM.

#4 nashir

nashir

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:15 AM

AHA! thats it.... the cars aren't flying u see...make taxiways of width 0 ft so they don't show up.

and the taxiways follow a Long road or highway from the parkings, so the cars follow the roads to a runway...the runway is at the other end of the city and the dimensions are very small...5ftx5ft..and for sum reason, the cars don't take off :S (which is what i want  :D ) so this way...i get cars going to the runway...and theres parkings near the runway to get back... get it ??? i thought it was impossible too...but to my surprise it worked..
PS: during the testing process on aactual airports, my caprice actually took off :lol:

#5 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

nashir, on Aug 14 2006, 12:15 PM, said:

AHA! thats it.... the cars aren't flying u see...make taxiways of width 0 ft so they don't show up.

and the taxiways follow a Long road or highway from the parkings, so the cars follow the roads to a runway...the runway is at the other end of the city and the dimensions are very small...5ftx5ft..and for sum reason, the cars don't take off :S (which is what i want  :D ) so this way...i get cars going to the runway...and theres parkings near the runway to get back... get it ??? i thought it was impossible too...but to my surprise it worked..
PS: during the testing process on aactual airports, my caprice actually took off :lol:
That's REALLY strange.

The way the FS9 ATC engine works is that it moves objects along a route based on a flightplan.  No flightplan, no object, no object movement.  I'm surprised that TTools didn't balk at an altitude of 000.  The only other way to get an object to "move" without a flightplan is to animate it, and that has to be hard-coded into the object itself at the time of design.

Your initial post indicated that your "airport/car park" was showing up in the facility data; that would mean you are using the ATC engine to move the objects, meaning you have a flightplan for them since that's the ONLY way ATC will direct their movement.  If you are animating the object, you don't need a runway or taxiway; you just set the animation to move it from Point A to Point B to Point C to Point D to Point C to Point B and back to Point A.

#6 nashir

nashir

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:39 PM

yeh of course i have a flight plan...but for sum reason, the cars stop when the get to the runway, and dissapear at the runway....then the departue is from another "carpark " HEhe, get it? so all along, they only taxi on the roads at 20 kias :D

#7 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:00 PM

nashir, on Aug 14 2006, 02:39 PM, said:

yeh of course i have a flight plan...but for sum reason, the cars stop when the get to the runway, and dissapear at the runway....then the departue is from another "carpark " HEhe, get it? so all along, they only taxi on the roads at 20 kias :D
They stop because ATC doesn't see a 5x5 runway as long enough to take off from, so they sit there and time out.  Then ATC restarts them at the next point called for in the same or next flightplan.

It's like you had an AI 747 but only an 800 ft runway with a flightplan calling for the 747 to take off from Airport XYZ, fly to airport ABC, then return to XYZ.  The 800' runway isn't long enough, so it will sit on the end of the runway until it times out; but, at the time it's supposed to depart Airport ABC for the return leg, FS9 will put it at the starting point of that runway for the return trip.  If THAT runway is also too short, it will again time-out and FS9 will look for the next flightplan or leg for that aircraft and bring it into the sim for THAT flight.

#8 woweeza

woweeza

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:50 AM

you're a smart one Nashir  :D looks like a cool project !

#9 Kimber

Kimber

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:54 AM

There is a moving train!! Wouldn't that be the same thing??

#10 nashir

nashir

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:37 AM

well....i suppose, instead of using flightplans.....why not just use maake scenery (.bgl) files using Gmax  :lol:
am doing that now..but they don't show up animated :S LOL

cant wait to get the animations up and running. :D

you're a smart one Nashir tongue.gif looks like a cool project !

yes i know... LOL

#11 Antimod

Antimod

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:45 AM

:D Cool idea, but a LOT of work to get a constantly moving traffic.

#12 nashir

nashir

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:19 PM

laugh.gif Cool idea, but a LOT of work to get a constantly moving traffic.

u got THAT rite :D