#1 Rob

Rob

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 09:50 PM

ok heres the story..........

fs2004 worked ok, there were some minor problems.  So i go and do a driver update for my Geforce MX440 card and it messes everything up.  Now the game won't start, i get the splashscreen and the my comp shuts down.  then i get a fatal error message.

i need help.!!!

#2 Scott J.

Scott J.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 09:57 PM

Well thats not your fault or the games fault. If I were you I would contact the customer support and CUSS EM OUT!!!!!!!!!! no just kidding but you should email the support or something and maybe they can help you. If you can understand what there saying, lol :o

#3 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 07:15 AM

well if i was you, i wouldnt have upgraded it, minor probs with me are A okay

#4 Doc Ellis

Doc Ellis

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 10:39 AM

moqool, on Aug 3 2003, 08:15 AM, said:

well if i was you, i wouldnt have upgraded it, minor probs with me are A okay
Yes, ever hear the saying, "don't fix what ain't broke"?

#5 Georg

Georg

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 11:07 AM

I cannot understand that you made anything that not many of us had done. Why not try to get more fps by updating the driver? If you have the latest driver from NVIDIA's homepage, it should work. Take another look that you got the right driver. http://www.nvidia.co...ers/drivers.asp  Try to install it once again over the other installation. If that does not work you can try to install an older driver. Perhaps you have an installation cd for the graphic card?

Georg.

#6 misterdink

misterdink

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 07:45 PM

If you had gotten the companion book with the sim, you probably woulda saved yourself a lot of grief.

It points out that you should update ALL your drivers before even loading the sim. That way, when the sim installs, it finds all the correct drivers.

I did that very thing, and didn't experience any of the problems with installing/starting the sim that I've read here.

Some people just don't take the time to read any more.   :o