8 replies to this topic

#1 YngwieMalmsteen

YngwieMalmsteen

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:40 PM

:D The international airport of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia is in progress. Jeddah is a major Saudi city that sits right on the red sea and was listed in the book " 1000 places to see before you die." Here are photos of the city and airport.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 AgonisNewton

AgonisNewton

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:34 PM

The city looks nice but that airport is freakin ugly! sorry i just had to say it.. I don't like the roofs...

#3 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:26 PM

foxy88, on Sep 15 2006, 03:40 PM, said:

:lol: The international airport of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia is in progress. Jeddah is a major Saudi city that sits right on the red sea and was listed in the book " 1000 places to see before you die."
Now THAT is an add-on I'll gladly pay for .....  :D

#4 k_koraitem

k_koraitem

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:07 AM

View Postbatista_the_animal, on Sep 15 2006, 04:34 PM, said:

The city looks nice but that airport is freakin ugly! sorry i just had to say it.. I don't like the roofs...

Lol, a fact we Jeddahwees have had to live with all of our lives  :hrmm: .  It's an embarrassment to us that first time visitors get the worst first impression upon arriving to the airport.

There is one nice thing about the old layout of the airport.  Originally, the current design used the mobile air bridges.  Of course no one makes them anymore and maintaining them forever is impossible so they went back to the old fashioned bust and stairs method.  This gives us a moment to be on the ramp with a view of the entire airport and plane itself.  Especially nice when you get on the stairs and take a good face to face look with a big GE90 on a B777  :hrmm:

FYI the roof of the tents aren't the main terminal, that's the Hajj terminal for pilgrims.  The main terminal on the inside is even worse  :P

#5 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:09 PM

^Dude, seriously? :hrmm:

#6 Nabeel.

Nabeel.

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

Been there a few times, on Umrah, lots of memories! Got some family in Jeddah too, would love to see this!

#7 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

^Check the original post date. Its been three years, so I think this 'project' never really kicked off.

But yeah it would be nice seeing a Jeddah airport & city scenery. By the way, theyre building a new airport.

Posted Image

#8 Nabeel.

Nabeel.

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:54 PM

View Postmoqool, on Nov 5 2009, 03:21 PM, said:

^Check the original post date. Its been three years, so I think this 'project' never really kicked off.

But yeah it would be nice seeing a Jeddah airport & city scenery. By the way, theyre building a new airport.

Haha, I'm so oblivious...

New one looks nice. But I barely remember the old one  :hrmm:

Edited by Nabeel., 06 November 2009 - 02:55 PM.

#9 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

I remember it when I was a small kid. The airport sucked. But Jeddah was a nice city, although it made me sick for some reason when I returned home. :hrmm: