2 replies to this topic

#1 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:46 PM

Hello all, again, I have a request for you people who are soskilled and talented with GMAX and other scenery making tools for my home airport of Cheyenne Jerry Olson Airport, or KCYS.

No scenery has come out for KCYS since FS98, and believe me I have searched everything.

Heres some history of the irport:
KCYS has been around ever since the 1920s, even earlier probably and served as a big united hub and had a boeing hangar which housed B-17s during world war two. In this hangar is where the tail turret of B-17s was invented, and thus a secondary name for the tail turret has been called the "Cheyenne turret" named after the city where it was invented. During these times or somewhere around them, KCYS was the busiest airport in the nation (yes, the busiest in America) mainly due because it was near the cener of the country and flights would stop here to refuel on longer trips, the most popular routes were United's to San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, and New York all went thru KCYS. The airport has been visited by Charles Lindbergh and Ameilia Earheart, as well as many other famous pilots and for a long time there was a United Airlines flight attendant school here, where flight attendants from all over the country came to learn. As time when on, Denver grew bigger KCYS was more or less lost in the shawdow of Denver, and now with Denver International airport less than 85 mies away, more people drive to denver to fly rather than depart out of KCYS. The airport still has yearly airshows and is used as the main airport for diversions from Denver, we have runways long enough for everything from 757s to An-124s.

I relize that no one may be interested in making scenery for this airport because it is not very "popular" but is one of those still in need of scenery and is servered by many many VAs aswell.

The latest AFCAD for KCYS that came out had over 1217 downloads but had no scenery to go with it.

I can also provid pictures needed but I might nee some time for that, there are some pretty good ones found on the internet.

Thanks for viewing-

Josh

#2 Ubeans2001

Ubeans2001

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:37 AM

Send me some pics and I'll see what I Can do. :lol:

#3 wyoairbus

wyoairbus