1 reply to this topic

#1 CMOS

CMOS

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:42 PM

Can anyone possibly help me out and let me know why my AI Traffic on Aircraft Carriers "hover" or "float" off the ground instead of wheels on the carrier?  I've tried it on several carriers and they all look the same.

In the photo the AI aircraft are the F-14 and MH-53E.

"Floating" AI Traffic
Posted Image

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:19 PM

CMOS, on Oct 13 2006, 09:42 PM, said:

Can anyone possibly help me out and let me know why my AI Traffic on Aircraft Carriers "hover" or "float" off the ground instead of wheels on the carrier?  I've tried it on several carriers and they all look the same.
Looks like the AFCAD for the carrier (basically, a floating airport) doesn't have the correct field elevation.  You might try going into the scenery folder for that aircraft carrier, using AFCAD v2.21 to open the AFCAD, and lower the field elevation just a tad.  For example:  the "airfield" is the deck (of course), and if it's set 5 ft higher than the actual height of the aircraft carrier, then your aircraft will THINK they're parked on the deck, but actually appear to hover like that.

You may have to open, modified, save, and check in FS9 a few times before you get it right.