#1 Charlie P.

Charlie P.

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 05:01 PM

Hello,

I am making some AI and I would like to know if there is some sort of converter to make normal paints comaptible with AI?? If not how can I paint AI aircraft?

Thanks in advance!!!  :lol:

Legitmodder439

#2 virginblue007

virginblue007

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

i don't think so sorry

to paint the ai planes you need to download paint kits. i use project ai and there are paint kits on the site  

hope this helps  :lol:

#3 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:50 AM

Its sometimes possible to manually convert a paint to an AI aircraft, but it takes a while (I did this with the PAI MD-11 and the IFGD MD-11). The main problem is because the 3D models were created completely separately, the texture sheets have each texture in different places and different sizes, so you can't just copy the textures across to the AI plane's folder.

You need to open both textures in a paint package, copy each part from the donor texture to a new window, then resize it to the exact size of the original AI texture before  pasting it over.

Its tricky, but it can work. Plus, obviously, as you are just ripping the texture someone else has made, you can only use it for personal use, you can't release it online.

Edited by TechnicolorYawn, 02 November 2006 - 02:50 AM.

#4 rdy

rdy

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:17 AM

GEEZ,

If you have DXTBmp you can bring up the textures, and change the format from DXT3, DXT5, Extended 32 bitmap 888-8, to a lower texture quality.  Either save them as DXT1(no alpha), or to DXT1 with alpha.  Either way, they will be easier on your rendering for AI.  Just make sure you create a new livery for your main a/c paints, to something like AI*****.

Also, if you do this, dump the sounds and panels in that folder.  This will help alot also.

Depending on the model, if they are high poly count a/c, you might look towards getting them from an AI source.  Such as AI AARDVARK, or others, that have the low poly count models.

RDY

#5 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:36 PM

What's the GEEZ for? :lol: