5 replies to this topic

#1 Tamiami Pilot

Tamiami Pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:12 PM

Free to AOPA members, the virtual Cherokee Six duplicates nearly every detail of the sweepstakes airplane, including the S-Tec System Fifty-Five X autopilot — which includes S-Tec's flight director and altitude preselector — the Sandel SN-3500 electronic horizontal situation indicator, Garmin GNS 530/GNS 430 navigators, Avidyne FlightMax EX500 multifunction display, and J.P. Instruments EDM-930 engine data management system.

The program, developed by Flight1 Software in conjunction with AOPA, requires a personal computer running Windows XP and is intended for use with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (the "Century of Flight" edition); a version optimized for the just-released Microsoft Flight Simulator X is anticipated at a later date. A control yoke or joystick also is needed to fly the Cherokee Six (rudder pedals are optional), and a high-speed Internet connection is strongly recommended to download the program because of its size (approximately 43 MB). For more information or to download the file, see AOPA Online.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Dan

Dan

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:50 PM

Haha . . I saw this on the aopa mainpage earlier this morning. I actually wondered if it was being put up on fs2004.com.

There's actually an article in AOPA magazine this month that mentions MSFSX as a good tool to staying proficient in IFR. I now need a tool to stay proficient in spelling  :lol:

#3 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:36 PM

I was happy to see that article as well Dan.  Now flight instructors should be able to convince the IRS that the new bangin' PC they just built for FS should be tax deductible as a business expense!  :lol:

#4 Gym_Class_Hero

Gym_Class_Hero

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:15 PM

That thing looks pretty cool. I flew it in the early stages at IFC Denver, and when it was about to be released at AVSIM, it looks pretty cool! Is this one free to AOPA members like the Commander was?

Edited by 3ckpilot, 07 November 2006 - 06:18 PM.

#5 lqcorsa

lqcorsa

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:07 PM

Aww man, AOPA members get it free? My account expired last month. MUST.. RENEW...... NOW....  :lol:

#6 AsianFlyer.

AsianFlyer.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:26 PM

AWESOME! I just got membership!