That`s crazy.....but i`m downloading it :lol:

#42 xaxa9

xaxa9

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:07 AM

Downloaded and watched yesterday as you can read abobe. Well worth the download... I loved it, great job, excellent editing... great great great this is going to be burn and stored.... and often watched

#43 Convertible

Convertible

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:39 AM

Hey guys.  Thanks so much for the kind words on the video.  A lot of hard work went into this movie.   We worked on it for almost a year to get the right shots and editing etc.   Sorry it took so long to come out.   We had a really neat experience at the release of it at Aviation Nation in Las Vegas were it premiered on the big screen at a movie theater there.   How cool it was to see it on the big screen with the sound turned way up.   :lol:   Highly recommended by the way... the sound that is.   Turn it up!!!!!!!!    :P  :lol:

We  really appreciate all the support you all have given us in getting this done.   What a great community this is.   We hope you liked it and that you pass it on to others.   Please come over and check out our website and forums located at: Virtual Thunderbirds Website.  There you will find more information on what we do and more downloads you can enjoy as well.   We are woking on plans for 2007 that will also be announced there when the time is right.   Again, we are glad you all are enjoying the movie.    

Convertible VTB #7

#44 F16-USAF

F16-USAF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

stupid firewall, i keep getting this "This file is invalid" message after i downloaded it which took an hour, can someone upload it to filefront because that site is all that my firewall will let me download...correctly

thanks i REALLY wanna watch this!!

#45 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:48 PM

Holy ######!!!!

I've been to many real thuderbird shows as they come to cheyenne every year for frontier days and this video was awesome!! All those announcements in the video they make in real life, if this was anymore real it would be the real show!!!

But I have one question, this was made with Lock On: Modern Air Combat, a game in which the F-16 is not flyable. This makes me wonder, how did they fly their planes and get the cockpit views when this plane is not even flyable in that game? - Just wondering
EDIT- OR was it made maybe in Falcon 4.0?

But WOW!! that must have taken forever!! What great quailty!! Those formations must be EXTREMELY hard to pull off and the editing on this video was AMAZING!

I am a big thunderbird fan as you can tell from my sig :lol:

Edited by wyoairbus, 05 January 2007 - 11:04 PM.

#46 Gunti222

Gunti222

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:27 PM

i hope u guys have firgured this out but it is a LOCK-ON flight demo team i think.

Edited by Gunti222, 28 April 2007 - 04:28 PM.

#47 SmartPartsFrEaK

SmartPartsFrEaK

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

Yea i've already seen this vid a bunch of times and its still jawdropping everytime i see it

and yes the Virtual Thunderbirds are based on Lock-on gaming

#48 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:20 PM

View PostLIGHTNING1111, on Apr 30 2007, 06:00 PM, said:

Yea i've already seen this vid a bunch of times and its still jawdropping everytime i see it

It sure looked like Lock On, but aren't F-16s not flyable in LOMAC?

#49 XSimmer

XSimmer

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:51 PM

View Postwyoairbus, on Apr 30 2007, 03:20 PM, said:

there's a mod for it at the virtual thunderbirds site

#50 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

View PostXSimmer, on Apr 30 2007, 09:51 PM, said:

Where is this? I want it :lol:

EDIT- Nvm, found it. But it looks like you have to have that one payware addon for LOMAC to use it :angry:

Edited by wyoairbus, 30 April 2007 - 08:57 PM.

#51 frontiersim

frontiersim

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:43 PM

1 hour for me :lol:

#52 MrCargo

MrCargo

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:13 AM

7 hours..?  Ugh...

#53 kestrel

kestrel

formerly phil0510

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:27 AM

:angry:  :lol:

1 hour left till i can watch the video  :lol:  :wub:

#54 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

You guys haven't seen it yet? Trust me, it's well worth the wait for the download, it's simply amazing :lol:

#55 FSJUNKIE

FSJUNKIE

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:15 PM

I got another chance to see the Thunderbirds at the Point Mugu Airshow last month (along with the show-stealing F-22 raptor)...what an enhanced amateur video recording experience after watching this video a gazillion times!! I knew where everything was coming from and got some awesome footage! (sneak attack my A@#!)

Actually, after you watch this video and then see the real show, you will find that you've become a little spoiled by our controlled environment and perfectly choreographed scenes! :lol:

#56 SmartPartsFrEaK

SmartPartsFrEaK

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:12 PM

View Postwyoairbus, on Apr 30 2007, 09:55 PM, said:

View PostXSimmer, on Apr 30 2007, 09:51 PM, said:

Where is this? I want it :angry:

EDIT- Nvm, found it. But it looks like you have to have that one payware addon for LOMAC to use it :lol:

Yes they use the Flaming Cliffs add-on for Lock-on but u can still use the F-16 mod in Lock-On normal :lol:

#57 Convertible

Convertible

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:23 PM

Hey guys. Sorry I have not checked this lately.  To answer some of your questions.  

1. We use LockOn Flaming Cliffs as the software of choice.  
2. We have some very dedicated and skilled members of our team that created the mod.  The Mod for the F-16 is placed over the F-15 in LockOn to make it flyable.   You are right that there is not a flyable F-16 out of the box.   Ours, theme and all, is downloadable from our website along with all the other addons needed to get it placed in the game.   You do need to have Flamming Cliffs to have it work correctly though.  We are currently working on another mod that will remove the missle rails and update the paint colors and a few other corrections.  
3. Movie is long, but well worth the wait.   The real thunderbirds from this years team have copies of it as well.   I still watch it every now and then.   Good stuff.  

We are glad that you have enjoyed this movie so much.   We are currently hoping to have more little movies later this year.   We just released a dedication pass to the Blue Angel #6 that crashed last week.   It is available here: http://www.virtualth...allen_Angel.wmv (right click to save as).  It is only about 20 megs or so.  We are also looking to do more live online airshows.   We have already done several.   You need to have the game though to spectate during one of them.  Details for all this can be found on our website: http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/.    We are looking into ways to stream it out over the internet using Window media player or something like that so you don't' need to have the game to see.   If any of you know how that can be done, capture the image live and stream it our adding audio from Ventrilo as well it would be helpful.  :lol:   Thanks again for all your support and the videos that you all share as well.   I really enjoy watching them too.

Convertible  VTB#7

Edited by Convertible, 02 May 2007 - 02:24 PM.

#58 spambot2

spambot2

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

Wow, what an epic movie!!!
Thats amazing, props to ya

#59 MrCargo

MrCargo

Private Pilot - IFR