12 replies to this topic

#1 Heathrow Tower

Heathrow Tower

Commercial Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:30 AM

I need some help, ive tried everything im willing to experiment, but its no having an effect.

How do i remove trees and houses from the area my airport will be in. I have trees and houses on the runways etc. I do not want to remove it from everywhere, just my airport.

#2 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:26 AM

Heathrow Tower, on Dec 9 2006, 05:30 AM, said:

I need some help, ive tried everything im willing to experiment, but its no having an effect.

How do i remove trees and houses from the area my airport will be in. I have trees and houses on the runways etc. I do not want to remove it from everywhere, just my airport.
Create an Exclusion

#3 Heathrow Tower

Heathrow Tower

Commercial Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:02 AM

thanks! i will do that.

#4 Heathrow Tower

Heathrow Tower

Commercial Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:38 AM

ok, having some trouble with this, when i move the .xml file into the blgcomp.exe, all i get beck out of it is the same file??

not questioning your intelligence, but did you type that code correctly on that link because i have done everything right and it won't work!!!!

Edited by Heathrow Tower, 09 December 2006 - 09:51 AM.

#5 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:49 AM

It should create a new file with the same name, but ending in .bgl - your original XML file will not change.

Edited by TechnicolorYawn, 09 December 2006 - 09:49 AM.

#6 Heathrow Tower

Heathrow Tower

Commercial Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:52 AM

thats the problem, it doesnt make a file.

#7 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:58 AM

OK, we'll try to analyse what's happening.

We'll need a command prompt for this, so that the window doesn't close when the program finishes meaning we can read the error messages. Go into c:\windows\system32 and find the file called cmd.exe, and copy (not move) it to the same folder in which you have bglcomp (you may have windows warn you about opening system folders - ignore it).

Once its copied, run it and you'll get a command prompt window with the path set to whatever folder you have bglcomp in. Type 'bglcomp.exe ' followed by the name of the xml file you've made and hit enter. This has exactly the same effect as dropping it over the bglcomp icon.

What error message is given?

Edited by TechnicolorYawn, 09 December 2006 - 09:58 AM.

#8 Heathrow Tower

Heathrow Tower

Commercial Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:06 AM

not regognised as an internal or external command operable program or batch file.

#9 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:09 AM

Thats sounds like a problem with running bglcomp, rather than your XML. Are you sure you have the cmd.exe in the same folder as your xml and bglcomp, *and* bglcomp.xsd?

#10 Heathrow Tower

Heathrow Tower

Commercial Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:13 AM

POSITIVE, ILL TELL YOU WHAT I WROTE IN THE COMMAND PROMT, EXACTLY THIS>>> blgcomp.exe0T8_EXCLUDE.xml

sorry about caps

Edited by Heathrow Tower, 09 December 2006 - 10:14 AM.

#11 Heathrow Tower

Heathrow Tower

Commercial Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:20 AM

i know that i have fs9 v1.1, the xml file said 1.0, but i didn't want to change it.

thanks for the help technicoloryawn

#12 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:05 AM

Heathrow Tower, on Dec 9 2006, 11:13 AM, said:

POSITIVE, ILL TELL YOU WHAT I WROTE IN THE COMMAND PROMT, EXACTLY THIS>>> blgcomp.exe0T8_EXCLUDE.xml
Hopefully there was a space between .exe and 0T8?
bglcomp 0T8_EXCLUDE.xml

Also, the biggest mistake people make is when entering the lat/lon.  DO NOT pay any attention to the words "maximum" and "minimum" on those four lines of the code.  The first is the latitude at the bottom right of the exclusion zone; the second is the latitude at the top left of the exclusion zone; the third is the longitude at the top left of the exclusion zone; and, the fourth is the longitude at the bottom right of the exclusion zone.  This part of the tutorial:

An easy way to remember it is latitude first, longitude second, in the order BOTTOM TOP TOP BOTTOM. Don't try it with SMALL BIG BIG SMALL as that relationship will change in the southern latitudes and eastern longitudes -- keep it BOTTOM TOP TOP BOTTOM.
  The next most-oft-repeated mistake is a stray space, or a missing space where there's supposed to be one.  One character out of place, missing, or a character where there isn't supposed to be a character, and bglcomp will not process the .xml file.  It has to be perfect, or no go.

That code structure has been run several thousand times (it's used in one form or another by virturally every scenery designer) with no problems as long as everything was exactly as it's supposed to be.  Can you post the code you are trying to compile?

Edited by sarge, 09 December 2006 - 11:08 AM.

#13 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:02 PM

Alternatively grab a file called excbuilderv2.zip at AVSIM (ExcludeBuilder by Paavo Pihelgas) which does all the above. Whilst there get the tutorial (and update) by David 'Opa' Marshall.
It's dirt simple to use as long as you follow a few basic rules.