- - - - -

Your aviation goals

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Where do you want to end up

Where do you want to end up

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Pattyboy10

Pattyboy10

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:05 AM

AmericanAirFan, on Mar 2 2007, 09:37 AM, said:

Pattyboy10, on Mar 1 2007, 08:41 PM, said:

89-LX, on Mar 1 2007, 08:55 PM, said:

AmericanAirFan, on Mar 1 2007, 06:05 PM, said:

Hmm your categories are a bit selective I am gonna go wherever God pushes me to I could end up as a small bush pilot/missionary pilot or be in the cargo industry or airlines(domestic) or possibly charter it really depends. When I get out there and work my butt off I'll take whatever God will let me have for a flying job.

-AmericanAirFan

P.S. being a captain high on seniority is not something easily obtained nor flying something with jet engines through the civil route, just an FYI
Its not a matter of where "god" will put you. God has nothing to do with where you will end it. Its where YOU want to end up, what YOU want to do. I didn't ask where you will end up, just where you WANT to end up.

I know of a lot of people right out of college flying jets btw :P
So do I, I know LOTS of people flying jets ... And it wasnt too hard for them to reach it, back then ...

About the where god will take me. I go with 89 LX, its what do you WANT, and not where you would end up  :D
Well all the areas I mentioned I want  :lol: but I can't just go to college get all my licenses have the minimum hours and expect to be hired for an airline for a large type thats where you don't "just get there" sigh...  :lol:  :wub:  Im a bit religous and what Im saying is of those following I want, cargo, charter, or airline, or bush pilot I wonder which Ill end up getting a job at first as far as wanting I want one of those jobs  :angry:
Which one do you prefer god gives you  :D

89 - LX , so do I... Our new airline Insel Air, got an MD-83 recently, and a lot of pilots got back on it... Also, when Im going to study in Holland next year at KLM flight acadamy, I will have my type rating after aprox 2 years, and be able to get on a 737 or A32X

#82 89-LX

89-LX

Gallery Manager

• First Class Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

AmericanAirFan, on Mar 2 2007, 08:37 AM, said:

Well all the areas I mentioned I want  :lol: but I can't just go to college get all my licenses have the minimum hours and expect to be hired for an airline for a large type thats where you don't "just get there" sigh...  :lol:  :wub:  Im a bit religous and what Im saying is of those following I want, cargo, charter, or airline, or bush pilot I wonder which Ill end up getting a job at first as far as wanting I want one of those jobs  :angry:
Why can't you go to college and obtain a degree plus all your licenses and endorsements (up to CPL/MEL)?

Edited by 89-LX, 02 March 2007 - 12:37 PM.

#83 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:37 PM

Pattyboy10, on Mar 2 2007, 11:05 AM, said:

AmericanAirFan, on Mar 2 2007, 09:37 AM, said:

Pattyboy10, on Mar 1 2007, 08:41 PM, said:

89-LX, on Mar 1 2007, 08:55 PM, said:

AmericanAirFan, on Mar 1 2007, 06:05 PM, said:

Hmm your categories are a bit selective I am gonna go wherever God pushes me to I could end up as a small bush pilot/missionary pilot or be in the cargo industry or airlines(domestic) or possibly charter it really depends. When I get out there and work my butt off I'll take whatever God will let me have for a flying job.

-AmericanAirFan

P.S. being a captain high on seniority is not something easily obtained nor flying something with jet engines through the civil route, just an FYI
Its not a matter of where "god" will put you. God has nothing to do with where you will end it. Its where YOU want to end up, what YOU want to do. I didn't ask where you will end up, just where you WANT to end up.

I know of a lot of people right out of college flying jets btw :P
So do I, I know LOTS of people flying jets ... And it wasnt too hard for them to reach it, back then ...

About the where god will take me. I go with 89 LX, its what do you WANT, and not where you would end up  :D
Well all the areas I mentioned I want  :lol: but I can't just go to college get all my licenses have the minimum hours and expect to be hired for an airline for a large type thats where you don't "just get there" sigh...  :lol:  :wub:  Im a bit religous and what Im saying is of those following I want, cargo, charter, or airline, or bush pilot I wonder which Ill end up getting a job at first as far as wanting I want one of those jobs  :angry:
Which one do you prefer god gives you  :D

89 - LX , so do I... Our new airline Insel Air, got an MD-83 recently, and a lot of pilots got back on it... Also, when Im going to study in Holland next year at KLM flight acadamy, I will have my type rating after aprox 2 years, and be able to get on a 737 or A32X
Honestly anything where Im getting payed to fly and it's a decent wage is all I want cause I just love flying and everything about it.

to the other person you could go to college and have all the licenses and degrees and the minimal hours but the airlines if they were only hiring so many pilots would be more prone to higher pilots with more hours so "more hours means a better chance." But of course meeting minimum requirements you could ;)

-AmericanAirFan

Edited by AmericanAirFan, 02 March 2007 - 05:38 PM.

#84 89-LX

89-LX

Gallery Manager

• First Class Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:51 PM

AmericanAirFan, on Mar 2 2007, 05:37 PM, said:

to the other person you could go to college and have all the licenses and degrees and the minimal hours but the airlines if they were only hiring so many pilots would be more prone to higher pilots with more hours so "more hours means a better chance." But of course meeting minimum requirements you could :angry:

-AmericanAirFan
Thats a fabled myth. Regionals are hiring a lot right now. And most airline prefer someone with a degree. WMU has a lot of bridge programs for their pilots, that allow them to get into reginals with much less hours then required. ######, most WMU students (that are CFI's at WMU) get picked up within 5 months of graduation. My instructor already has had offers and he hasnt even graduated yet.

Mesaba Airlines Cheif Pilot is a former WMU student, and his goal is to keep the flow of WMU students coming into the airline :lol:.

#85 trekalized

trekalized

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:15 PM

89-LX, on Mar 2 2007, 05:51 PM, said:

AmericanAirFan, on Mar 2 2007, 05:37 PM, said:

to the other person you could go to college and have all the licenses and degrees and the minimal hours but the airlines if they were only hiring so many pilots would be more prone to higher pilots with more hours so "more hours means a better chance." But of course meeting minimum requirements you could :angry:

-AmericanAirFan
Thats a fabled myth. Regionals are hiring a lot right now. And most airline prefer someone with a degree. WMU has a lot of bridge programs for their pilots, that allow them to get into reginals with much less hours then required. ######, most WMU students (that are CFI's at WMU) get picked up within 5 months of graduation. My instructor already has had offers and he hasnt even graduated yet.

Mesaba Airlines Cheif Pilot is a former WMU student, and his goal is to keep the flow of WMU students coming into the airline :lol:.
I got hired at about 100 hours over the minimum requirements, while I watched 3 very high time guys go home early. If you interview well, you stand a better chance. That's what it boils down to. Study the gouges, know your most recent aircraft down to every last bolt, and speak confidently. If they wanted higher time applicants, they'd up the mins.

#86 martindh2005

martindh2005

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:40 PM

Majors.... nothing like being on the right seat of AC's new b777 eh?

P.S Good Luck to all of you guys, no matter what your dreams are, I truly wish you all the best!