- - - - -

Speedbird Virtual

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#81 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:35 PM

View PostAPS001, on Aug 6 2007, 11:22 PM, said:

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Aug 6 2007, 04:57 PM, said:

Close my topic coz it's not usefull yeah :lol: right.

Wow :censored:

In this topic all I see is...Criticisms, arguments...look at it and tell us if it's useful or not to help you to progress your VA.

Okey can we just forget about all these arguments i don't want to make a bad impression and get more and more enemies and ruiin this site and my VA reputation.

It's not up to you or me it is entirely up to BA Now.
That is it Nothing more or nothing less it's British Airways Decision if my Va goes ahead ive started a site template it look a little bit like the real site but changed around.

http://www.ba.com

the bit were you see chose your country will be a direct link to my site and BA's saying if you come here by mistake and looking for great deals go to www.ba.com

#82 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

Ok now lets see you code the template in valid CSS and XHTML, and template it with smarty.

#83 jonf

jonf

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:10 PM

If you send an email to British Airways they will say no and they will insist you take the site down. The name "speedbird" is trademarked so you can't even use that in your VA name. There are other British Airways web sites online simply because BA isn't yet aware of them and they didn't bother informing BA that they are putting up a site but what they are doing is illegal. This has been a topic of discussion for VAs for many many years. There is no "maybe they will say yes". Won't happen. EVER. Drop the subject and forget about making this airline. If you are so eager to make a BA web site your only viable option is to change the name to "Britian's Virtual Airline" or something that has neither the word "British" or "Airways" in the name. Do NOT use the word "Speedbird". Also, don't even use the same color of blue and red as BA since even their colors are trademarked. You'd be able to get away using those colors if you made a non-British VA but with a British VA modeled in a similar fashion shows intent to breach. You can then model your airline after the operations of BA with their flight routes, aircraft type, flight schedules, etc. It's a fine line but it can be done legally as long and you don't break any copyright or trademark laws.

#84 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:46 AM

Latest News: BA have contacted me back saying that they are now dealing with my question at this moment and it is going to the percific department at BA don't no what but as long as they are dealing with it that's good.

They also said i may have to send a letter with contact details Like my House address and my telephone number my next of kim. what is all this about Hmmm.

:lol: :censored:

#85 Calum

Calum

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:26 AM

yes , maybe now you'll realise how serious it is , they need to know alot about you before giving out their trademarks to use , which they won't to you unfortunately. Even if you ever did get the use of logo and such , they wouldnt just leave you alone with it , they would be making sure you are using it professional. The founders of BAV actually went to a conference meeting with the marketing or PR department of British Airways and presented exactly what they wanted to do , how they would do this , what they would use to make it happen , the benefits for the airline , the benefits for the VA , and then they all agreed to sign a contract so that both parties knew what they were allowed and not allowed to do.

Calum

#86 Max.

Max.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:31 AM

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Aug 7 2007, 09:46 AM, said:

They also said i may have to send a letter with contact details Like my House address and my telephone number my next of kim. what is all this about Hmmm.
What this probably means is....

They are going to come to your house and kill you. THEN inform your next of kiN that you died in a tragic accident. Or... They are collecting contact information so that if you go ahead anyway, without their permission, they can contact you easily and simply make it easier for them to sue the pants of you but hey what do I know they might just want to come round for a cup of tea and a scone.

#87 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:36 AM

Maybe they want to crash a plane into my house becuase i live under the glideslope of Heathrow airport 27R.

#88 ArabianCOO

ArabianCOO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:42 AM

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Aug 7 2007, 10:36 AM, said:

Maybe they want to crash a plane into my house becuase i live under the glideslope of Heathrow airport 27R.

:lol: You do know that's an offence thing to say right! Aircraft have crashed before on APP killing people so I personally don't take that so lightly.

#89 Max.

Max.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:44 AM

View PostMetazoa, on Aug 7 2007, 10:42 AM, said:

:lol: You do know that's an offence thing to say right! Aircraft have crashed before on APP killing people so I personally don't take that so lightly.
He never intented to offend anyone blimey, don't take it to heart.

#90 Calum

Calum

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:16 AM

All the same , he is showing all the professionalism and seriousness of someone wanting to start a VA representing one of the worlds biggest airlines :lol:  :)  :censored:

#91 ArabianCOO

ArabianCOO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:18 AM

View PostHeaven-07, on Aug 7 2007, 10:44 AM, said:

Do you think its acceptable he makes a joke about aircraft which crash?

Edited by Metazoa, 07 August 2007 - 05:18 AM.

#92 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:28 AM

Guys ive got a better idea im going to create a aviation site and it will have a virtual airliner section with all the big airlines in the world just there call signs and were to download the aircraft to fly on like of avsim is that illegal and they will fly on simfly.eu and this is a better idea than what im getting into.

So if anyone cant help create me a logo than so be it as i have purchased the site this morning.

P.s Im sorry i did not mean to offend anybody here it's true im very sorry people have died in air crashes less than car crashes.
Im sorry. :censored:  :)  :P  :lol:

#93 George Botley

George Botley

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:19 AM

Christ

Stick with 1 idea saves you emailing all airlines for use of names and theres thousands and what if british airways do want a va and they ask for your details they're not gonna take them badly its for copyright reasons and they are 1 of the leading airlines in the UK with a big partnership with BAA managing 4+ airports across the UK.

I'd stick with original idea for now

#94 Max.

Max.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:03 AM

View PostMetazoa, on Aug 7 2007, 11:18 AM, said:

View PostHeaven-07, on Aug 7 2007, 10:44 AM, said:

Do you think its acceptable he makes a joke about aircraft which crash?
God, flighthumor.com has jokes which involve aircraft crashing. The homepage of this site itself features jokes from the site. Some of us here seem to just be using this thread as a chance to bash UK_pilot wait I mean speedbirdvirtual for no reason.

#95 Calum

Calum

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:15 AM

Look , guys , we get this thread closed , I think its run its course , and Robbie you seem to have 1 or 2 new ideas now , thats good , take just a short time and work on them and develope them , then make another topic once you have decided what you are going to go for and you have the details of most of it sorted. You have a better chance with your new idea , and Heaven-07 is right , the topic is chaning in this thread from speedbird virtual , to a new website , and now something about jokes and stuff so if we close and lock the thread or something , it will give you a chance to take onboard all these posts and you can work something out even better than before , with a bit of planning , then please do post a new topic once thats done cause I at least would like to see what its all going to look like at the end , whatever you choose.

Calum

#96 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:20 AM

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Aug 7 2007, 11:28 AM, said:

Guys ive got a better idea im going to create a aviation site and it will have a virtual airliner section with all the big airlines in the world just there call signs and were to download the aircraft to fly on like of avsim is that illegal and they will fly on simfly.eu and this is a better idea than what im getting into.

So if anyone cant help create me a logo than so be it as i have purchased the site this morning.

P.s Im sorry i did not mean to offend anybody here it's true im very sorry people have died in air crashes less than car crashes.
Im sorry. :censored:  :)  :P  :lol:

Ok you can design a website, but you want someone to do the logo, I'm strangley confused.

#97 EZY174

EZY174

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:43 AM

Oh right so thats one idea failed, or 2 including LIA? Please just find something better to do with your time - i know that must sound mean but i don't mean it like that. At your age you might want to be focussing on more important things. By all means be part of a VA, but I suggest that you try and find a Virtual Airline that is recruiting staff so you can get a taste of what running a VA is like.

#98 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

Yea I agree don't bother and close the thread, it has no relevance anymore.

#99 a340-pilot

a340-pilot

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:44 AM

Look cna we just let this go down to the end where no one will see it anymore cause its a waste of time now!
:lol: