- - - - -

Speedbird Virtual

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#1 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:47 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Speedbird Virtual Coming soon Exclusive for www.mrflightsim.com, we are currentley in the process of coding the site forum in PhPBB format and are expecting to Open August 2007 Latest September 2007 For buisness. Having Found out from British Airways that we can use there logo and aicraft Virtualy we are Now in the process of Creating a vast facility Strictly for Mrlfightsim.com Joining other Virtual Airliners in the proccess with phpbb and Msql being installed we are going to offer a great experience to the users benefit and we are working closeley with www.mrflightsim.com Creating the systems for live flight tracker at Heathrow, Gatwick , London map and World Map.

I hope to open soon as we get the FTP uploader problem sorted out.

Thank you for Reading.
See you some time soon.

Jobs---

Applications are at your own will.

DO NOT REQUEST TO OWN IT LOL  :lol:

#2 iKettles

iKettles

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

Why have you used BA's ribbon type thing?

#3 ArabianCOO

ArabianCOO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

There's already a brilliant BAv so it's pointless in making another one which won't even compare. Sorry but its the truth.

#4 gaz4uk

gaz4uk

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

I find it highly unlikely that you have permission from the real British Airways. They gave permission to the current BAV and won't give it to anyone else. I would give in now before you do anymore work. It would be a shame to see you put lots of hard work and effort into it only to be told to close it down by BA

#5 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:18 AM

Evering i do is Pointless you don't need permision to use british airway's logo with there permission look out there theres loads.

Bavirtual
sim Airline virtual BA
FSXBA
freewebs/bava

there is tons i found it that you do not need any permission at all.

Because your doing British Airways a very big favour and it's not going to fly on vatsim or ivao just mrflightsim.com besided the point it's not illegal to use british airways logo or name virtualy it is ILLEGAL to paint it on another aircraft.

I just need someone to help me upload to the server via FTP
Im using Cpanel to manage my site from my very good host.

Thanks all help is needed on uploading the site to the cpanel or what ever if someone can help me otherwise.
How do i get a simple html file up to the site?

Why have you used BA's ribbon type thing?
I don't know lol it is very colourfull and pretty.

Edited by SpeedbirdVirtual, 04 August 2007 - 09:21 AM.

#6 EZY174

EZY174

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:19 AM

Hahaha you think you you are doing BA a "very big favour" How exactly is a couple of kids flying around in a va that will never really get off the ground (sorry for the pun) using their images and branding doing them a big favour exactly?

don't say "ohh because we will be increasing interest" because you won't, there is already 1 fantastic BA virtual airlines and yours just isnt going to compete.

Also you havent got permission, therefore thats one way to make BA not very happy at all - I personally hope that you will get shut down to teach the new va creators that using an airlines branding without permission is illegal.

Edited by Tub O Butter, 04 August 2007 - 10:23 AM.

#7 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:15 AM

Oh Oh but EVERYTHING I DO IS :lol: ISNT IT AINT IT SERIOUS I CANT DO ANYTHING.

SO I GET SHUT DOWN AND ALL THE British Airways Virtuals do not.
Theres at least 50 out there.

#8 Capt. Bulb

Capt. Bulb

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Aug 4 2007, 05:15 PM, said:

Look at yourself and try work out why.

#9 ArabianCOO

ArabianCOO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Aug 4 2007, 05:15 PM, said:

Getting shut down by British Airways could turn out very serious. You could get fined a :censored: of a lot of money and you wouldn't win.

#10 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

Lmao you don't code a website in phpBB xD You make me laugh. It's php, phpbb is a forum software.

#11 EZY174

EZY174

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:29 PM

Look don't even try, ill personally report you to BA myself.

#12 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:32 PM

Make your own logo, remember this used to be fs2004.com, did they use the fs2004 logo anywhere? Nope. :lol:

#13 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

You are free to use this I just made, I want credit though, if you do choose to use it. Web 2.0 style.

Posted Image

#14 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

Thanks for the logo im "i Dunno what im gonna do yet" just rewriting my letter back to British Airways with the comments there head office gave me.
This i what i wrote to them.
" Dear, British Airways I am asking in advanced before i pay for anything like site domain and hosting and taking my time to create the site i would like to know if i can use British Airways Logo and Airplane Virtually and British Airways logo. I plan to call the site Speedbird Virtual ORG a High Quality site on flying virtual for british airway's i do Not Intend to use the logo in discrimination or any other kind to put the airline in disrespect or any other kind of Desline. I am a young enthusiastic boy with a lot of respect and love for British airways and would like to have permission to use British Airways as i personally think it's the best airliner and the livey is very nice. All i request is permmision to use British airways Logo on my site and to fly virtualy for your airline and to give people the wonderfull experience of flying for British airways i also plane to create a fan base to go with the site and i do not request any money from British Airways, just permission to create a site and to fly virtually  Not on Vatsim or IVAO, but to fly on a new serve www.mrflightsim.com the online Proffessional pilot community.
I understand there is Hundreds of BA Virtuals about including the Well know British Airways Virtual.
As you have seen i have used Speedbird Virtual.

Your sincerely
    Robbie Garrett.

and they gave me a good reply so what your telling me is bugging shall i rewrite my letter or NOT.

#15 ArabianCOO

ArabianCOO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

View PostMetazoa, on Aug 4 2007, 02:11 AM, said:

There's already a brilliant BAv so it's pointless in making another one which won't even compare. Sorry but its the truth.

#16 EZY174

EZY174

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

Haha right until you can show proof that they have authorised your va then we aren't going to believe/join you.

#17 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

Okey Lie I did not Write to them sorry i am deeply sorry thats what Young kids are like yeah and i plan to write to them.
That's the letter i plan to write to them but does anyone Know were and what address i post it to i was gonna post it to there head office.

Do i post it to willie walsh the Head C.e.o of BA.

Give me some Help as this is something i want to seriously want to do with a paid for domain not www.freewebs.com
and as i failed to imprees with my community va and my LIA Va this is something i can afford and i will not when i get the Go ahead create the crapest site on the net and disrespect BA.

Give me some advice what i need to do.
Thank you

#18 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

Email, don't post.

#19 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

Why do i have to email hypertext what people do i email and what do i email i would think post would have been better but you are the smart people saving my :lol: from a lawsuit.

#20 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

Firstly use your brain, contact info will be on the website, and write them a nice speach, not all rubbish get straight to the point.