- - - - -

Speedbird Virtual

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#21 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:06 PM

Thanks Yeah i don't want no lawsuit so how did BAVirtual get permission the same or did they get contacted.

#22 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

They probably emailed BA. BA then saw and liked the website, thought it was professional and gave permission.

Edited by HyperText, 04 August 2007 - 03:10 PM.

#23 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:26 PM

Okey i aint started no site yet but i will email them for definate so who decides if i can use the logo im JW i would like to know would it be the C.E.O.

Do i tell them about me like age and that.

#24 EZY174

EZY174

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

Ok please don't think im being mean or cruel because im not - i just don't want to see someone waste his time.

don't bother making this VA - it is unlikely that they will say yes to you and you have alreadt lied to us about sending that letter in the first place.

Already your VA hasnt got a good repuatation and I know you are going to struggle to find members.

#25 FunkyBuddy

FunkyBuddy

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Aug 4 2007, 03:26 PM, said:

Okey i aint started no site yet but i will email them for definate so who decides if i can use the logo im JW i would like to know would it be the C.E.O.

Probably HR (human resource) director or Board of director. Maybe the CEO himself. Not sure though.

#26 Max.

Max.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:10 PM

I thought you were doing LIA, what happened to that?

Plus when you e-mail them PLEASE use good punctuation and grammar, if you don't know how to spell a word Google is your best friend.

#27 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

Thanks Guys and there is more than just FSW on the internet i hope my reputation does not ruin my great plans.

It's what i want to do nothing fails these days and if you have a great Site all the Information you have gave me has helped me and urged me on and i have decided that LIA i may continue to develop but im not that good to creating my own Imagination with Fictional VA's as i like a big fleet British Airways is good for me and as you may well know i like British airways so ill wait and see what they say then ill go from there.

Why do people say that lol Google is your freind ive heard that saying lots latley.

Edited by SpeedbirdVirtual, 04 August 2007 - 04:22 PM.

#28 Max.

Max.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Aug 4 2007, 10:21 PM, said:

It's what i want to do nothing fails these days
Nothing fails?

#29 gaz4uk

gaz4uk

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

I wouldn't bother wasting your time emailing them. The only BA Virtual that has been approved, and will be approved by BA is http://www.bavirtual.co.uk/

#30 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

Nothing fails?!? 7 out of 10 websites fail, nevermind VA's. You obviously don't understand what your getting into, keeping a website updated and running, vul free, is hard enough for one person, nevermind the VA side of things.

Edited by HyperText, 04 August 2007 - 04:55 PM.

#31 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:21 PM

I know what it takes to keep to run a good website and what ive got to get and look foward too if you look there is load of BA Virtuals why cant i try.
Not saying you are saying that but i comes accross to me that you don't want me to do this. At the end of the day NO-ONE like's me here becuase people called me UK_pilot what turned into a crisis and everyone hates what i say or do.

So what things do you want to do what site do you want to create what do you want to do I know what i want to do.

Create a Virtual Airliner
Be a Pilot
Grow out of my kid self into a man
Get good Grades
Get a wife and have kid's not a one nite stand.

If your Giving me advice not to do it as it may make me upset i won't cry if it fails i will not want to stop what i am going to do becuase someone is worried im upset i mean i can cope of it fails.

Patience is a Virtue
Thing's take time > I don't expect 50 people in on day one I just don't, how long did British Airways or the likes of First choice become what they are they decided to start off and see how it goes they did'nt listen to there critics, there is just NO way it will fail = Look at the Name of what im trying to do it,s the world best airline by far but we all have different opinions .
Look at some of the Virtual Airlines today like Simairline started off and took a long time to progress into the best va around same goes for BA VA.

There is plenty off Virtual Airliner out there with British Airways.

I just want to try something New.

Edited by SpeedbirdVirtual, 04 August 2007 - 05:24 PM.

#32 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:34 PM

Ok then hows this,

I expect you know how to program in PHP and can make an attractive and professonal design that complys with w3c standards, full css no tables what so ever.

I also expect you can secure this site against XSS, SQLInjections and other hacking attempts.

There is alot more, only way you will succed is to be better than BAV and that is very hard.

#33 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:45 PM

I don't work for Nasa LOL HEHE
Yeah but i can make a good looking site but BAVA has over 2000 pilots 1250 of them pilots the rest applications.

#34 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:52 PM

Show us a concept design then...

#35 turbulence

turbulence

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:05 PM

View PostAPS001, on Aug 4 2007, 03:42 PM, said:

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Aug 4 2007, 03:26 PM, said:

Probably HR (human resource) director or Board of director. Maybe the CEO himself. Not sure though.

Try the Director of Marketing or Public Relations. More will get involved more than likely... but this would be the best place to start.

#36 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:17 PM

Yeah will do but what do i put Dear Public relations or something like that cheers.

also im going to create my site a little bit like this LOL
www.britishairways.com
Not copy it but make it this proffessional.

#37 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

don't make a BA virtual, it will be pointless

your argument is that there are several BA virtuals and you can try one. well,
1. all of those VAs except one suck
2. the one that doesn't suck is the best VA out, great site design and management, and is very professionally run
3. the successful BAv flies on VATSIM, a great advertising base for VAs...all of the largest VAs out there fly on VATSIM or IVAO, so maybe that should tell you something
4. in order to make a great VA, you need so much experience in coding it's unimaginable. All of the good VAs today have realistic flight assignments, database management, etc. which takes a TON of time to learn how to code in PHP.

if you're going to make a VA, start simple and hire someone to make your site. A little HTML template with PHPBB forums isn't going to do you much good, you need full on pilot database, flight management, everything that any big VA has. Unless you plan on surpassing BAv, you're going to have to become the most realistic VA out there, which isn't possible with a little bit of HTML knowledge.

tried to make this as nice as I could, but it's tough. Plain and simple - do NOT waste your time with this, you'll end up putting all this work into it for nothing. Don't even plan on getting permission until you find a friend willing to put in hundreds of hours of work into coding a good php system, or until you're willing to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars to hire someone else to do it.

#38 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:38 AM

Hmmm LOL ive got someone good at php and they are helping me im going to spend months on the site so i hope it come's out really good i just wanted to what systems out there that do not need to connect to vatsim or ivao because i have a server that tells me everything on simfly.eu Formally mrflightsim.com I just want to know is there a basic pirep system that i can install that the pilots file a flight plan and it come's up on the site.

Thanks Robbie.

#39 HyperText

HyperText

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:44 AM

View PostFlying_Pie, on Aug 5 2007, 01:58 AM, said:

don't make a BA virtual, it will be pointless

your argument is that there are several BA virtuals and you can try one. well,
1. all of those VAs except one suck
2. the one that doesn't suck is the best VA out, great site design and management, and is very professionally run
3. the successful BAv flies on VATSIM, a great advertising base for VAs...all of the largest VAs out there fly on VATSIM or IVAO, so maybe that should tell you something
4. in order to make a great VA, you need so much experience in coding it's unimaginable. All of the good VAs today have realistic flight assignments, database management, etc. which takes a TON of time to learn how to code in PHP.

if you're going to make a VA, start simple and hire someone to make your site. A little HTML template with PHPBB forums isn't going to do you much good, you need full on pilot database, flight management, everything that any big VA has. Unless you plan on surpassing BAv, you're going to have to become the most realistic VA out there, which isn't possible with a little bit of HTML knowledge.

tried to make this as nice as I could, but it's tough. Plain and simple - do NOT waste your time with this, you'll end up putting all this work into it for nothing. Don't even plan on getting permission until you find a friend willing to put in hundreds of hours of work into coding a good php system, or until you're willing to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars to hire someone else to do it.

If he plans on beating BAv he will need to study PHP for 2 years or pay 10,000 and have it programmed by someone, yes prices can be that high. If you jumped into PHP you could probably make something within 4 month, but the fact is it will be unsecure and you will end up getting hacked, there is a rumor that PHP is unsecure code, which is not true, it's the new people who make sites with little knowledge who give it a bad name by using bad code and having many holes in the website.

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Aug 5 2007, 11:38 AM, said:

Hmmm LOL ive got someone good at php and they are helping me im going to spend months on the site so i hope it come's out really good i just wanted to what systems out there that do not need to connect to vatsim or ivao because i have a server that tells me everything on simfly.eu Formally mrflightsim.com I just want to know is there a basic pirep system that i can install that the pilots file a flight plan and it come's up on the site.

Thanks Robbie.

To be honest, he can't be that good of a programer if hes willing to devote months of his time to coding, and not earn a penny.

For pirep you will need a mysql database with forms submitting and displaying information, you will also need to secure the submission page and clean up your url's for better SEO.

Edited by HyperText, 05 August 2007 - 05:47 AM.

#40 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:08 AM

Yeah thanks ive got cpanel on my host with mysql and php coding ETC.
What do i do just install it that is it.