Captainmk

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Aug 25 2007, 05:21 AM, said:

hmmmm I'd have to say the A330 but purely for looks and versatility :lol:

Are you kidding? The a330 is gorgeous. But I guess different people have different opinions.

My least favorite aircraft are all the futuristic military aircraft, I have absolutely no interest in them at all, I hate them to be frank.

#24 FFB1212EHE

FFB1212EHE

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

View Post15080, on Aug 25 2007, 12:15 PM, said:

777, A330, A340, C207...
+ all cirrus!

#25 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

Anything that was not designed to carry a weapons system or support ground forces (aka, any aircraft designed for civies.)

#26 3rd Wire

3rd Wire

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

View PostSoaringEagle, on Aug 25 2007, 05:44 PM, said:

Anything that was not designed to carry a weapons system or support ground forces (aka, any aircraft designed for civies.)

You aren't a civilized person are you :lol:

:lol: I don't like the A380  :censored: It is ugly, big, and cant even do barrel rolls :lol:

Edited by 3rd Wire, 25 August 2007 - 07:30 PM.

#27 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

View PostSoaringEagle, on Aug 25 2007, 03:44 PM, said:

rofl ok lets get rid of all of them, then see how much you hate them :lol:

#28 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:53 PM

View PostFlying_Pie, on Aug 25 2007, 09:37 PM, said:

I'm all for that.  :lol:

#29 ZaurisLJ25

ZaurisLJ25

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:25 PM

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Aug 25 2007, 11:03 AM, said:

View PostJayhawk, on Aug 25 2007, 09:55 AM, said:

MD-80, hate that crap bucket

:lol: I love all the DC-9 Series aircraft!! :lol:

i have to agree with you brotha!!!...... those aircrafts are THE BEST!!!!...... including the 727 and  all those loud machines.....

...and, how can you hate an aircraft???????

#30 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:33 AM

View PostSoaringEagle, on Aug 25 2007, 08:53 PM, said:

you'd prefer to take 3 days to drive cross country in a little car over 4 hours in a 767, or 6 days in a ship to cross the atlantic over 7 hours in a 744? jeez not sure I get that logic :censored:

#31 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:55 AM

View PostSoaringEagle, on Aug 25 2007, 10:53 PM, said:

Have fun on your week long ferry trip to Hawaii :lol:

EDIT - Md-80's and 717s are the :censored:  :lol:

Diamond aircraft :hilarious:

Edited by wyoairbus, 26 August 2007 - 01:58 AM.

#32 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:57 AM

View PostFlying_Pie, on Aug 26 2007, 12:33 AM, said:

you'd prefer to take 3 days to drive cross country in a little car over 4 hours in a 767, or 6 days in a ship to cross the atlantic over 7 hours in a 744? jeez not sure I get that logic :lol:

Let's break this down:

you'd prefer to take 3 days to drive cross country in a little car over 4 hours in a 767

In the car, you can go your own route, stop to see all the landmarks, scenery, cities, people, places, events, culture, the works that you will find on your route. You are in control of the trip. You cannot do that on the 767.

6 days in a ship to cross the atlantic over 7 hours in a 744? jeez not sure I get that logic

Six days on the open ocean, with all the fresh air, wildlife, starry nights, and experiences instead of being crammed into a metal tube? You bet!

#33 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:01 AM

View PostSoaringEagle, on Aug 26 2007, 02:57 AM, said:

6 days in a ship to cross the atlantic over 7 hours in a 744? jeez not sure I get that logic

Six days on the open ocean, with all the fresh air, wildlife, starry nights, and experiences instead of being crammed into a metal tube? You bet!

Instead of being crammed into a metal tube, you'll be crammed into a little cabin for a lot longer and if you get sea sick you'll be misrible after an hour :lol:

You can take you're week long trip across the Atlantic and we'll be laughing at you from the flat lying beds of first class on a 747 while enjoying TV and movies :censored: Not to mention by the time you get across the Atlantic everybody else would've seen everything already! :lol:

EDIT - What wildlife do you plan to sea out on the open ocean anyway? Maybe an occasional seagull but that's about it :lol:

Edited by wyoairbus, 26 August 2007 - 02:03 AM.

#34 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:07 AM

View PostSoaringEagle, on Aug 25 2007, 04:44 PM, said:

:lol:  :lol:  :censored:

What is so fascinating to you about killing other humans?

#35 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:10 AM

View Postwyoairbus, on Aug 26 2007, 02:01 AM, said:

You can take you're week long trip across the Atlantic and we'll be laughing at you from the flat lying beds of first class on a 747 while enjoying TV and movies :lol: Not to mention by the time you get across the Atlantic everybody else would've seen everything already! :censored:

Yeah, well, when I'll be sure to wave to you if I'm not to busy napping in my room on a real bed, with a real TV, or out in the pool with some rather hot chicks, or in the ball room dancing with some lady, or enjoying a real, fresh-cooked meal, watching dolphins and sharks from the deck, observing a night unlike you can find anywhere else in the US or Eurpoe9you know the sky turns green at sunset on the sea?).  :lol:

#36 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:10 AM

View PostSoaringEagle, on Aug 26 2007, 01:57 AM, said:

you'd prefer to take 3 days to drive cross country in a little car over 4 hours in a 767, or 6 days in a ship to cross the atlantic over 7 hours in a 744? jeez not sure I get that logic :lol:

Let's break this down:

you'd prefer to take 3 days to drive cross country in a little car over 4 hours in a 767

In the car, you can go your own route, stop to see all the landmarks, scenery, cities, people, places, events, culture, the works that you will find on your route. You are in control of the trip. You cannot do that on the 767.

You're trying to defeat the purpose of air travel. It is the fastest way, usually, to travel between two points.

If you do want to have some huge sightseeing vacation, have at it.

#37 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:16 AM

View PostEvan., on Aug 26 2007, 02:10 AM, said:

View PostSoaringEagle, on Aug 26 2007, 01:57 AM, said:

Let's break this down:

You're trying to defeat the purpose of air travel. It is the fastest way, usually, to travel between two points.

If you do want to have some huge sightseeing vacation, have at it.

Right. The purpose of air travel is to suit the modern day concept of 'I want it now, I want it as soon as possible.' Some of us like to live, and take life at a slow pace. Now, are you people done attacking because I perfer military aircraft over civies? You don't like it, boo-hoo, you aren't changing it, so just deal with it. You have your aircraft you perfer, I have mine, and you don't see me crying about your least favorite aircraft.

#38 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:29 AM

View PostSoaringEagle, on Aug 26 2007, 03:10 AM, said:

View Postwyoairbus, on Aug 26 2007, 02:01 AM, said:

You can take you're week long trip across the Atlantic and we'll be laughing at you from the flat lying beds of first class on a 747 while enjoying TV and movies :censored: Not to mention by the time you get across the Atlantic everybody else would've seen everything already! :pointnlaf:

Yeah, well, when I'll be sure to wave to you if I'm not to busy napping in my room on a real bed, with a real TV, or out in the pool with some rather hot chicks, or in the ball room dancing with some lady, or enjoying a real, fresh-cooked meal, watching dolphins and sharks from the deck, observing a night unlike you can find anywhere else in the US or Eurpoe9you know the sky turns green at sunset on the sea?).  :lol:

So what, now the TV's on plane's aren't real? :lol:

I'd hope you'd at least get a decent bed seeing as you will be out at sea for a week, you might be out of luck if there is no pool or any hot chicks! You might as well just take a cruise :lol:

Good luck seeing Dolphins and Sharks on the open ocean, very few sharks even live out there the chances of seeing any living things would be not good at all

I'd much rather be enjoying the suns3et from 39,000 feet where it is 100 times more beautiful,

face it man unless you want to drive and take boat rides everywhere you're going to have to fly! I like fighter jets a ton but this is getting ridiculous :hilarious:

you don't see me crying about your least favorite aircraft.

Probably because we didn't mention military planes as being our least favorite :lol:

Okay enough of this, if you would rather take weeks to travel simply because you don't like airliners I've got no problem with that :pointnlaf:

Edited by wyoairbus, 26 August 2007 - 02:33 AM.

#39 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:56 AM

View Postwyoairbus, on Aug 26 2007, 02:29 AM, said:

Okay enough of this, if you would rather take weeks to travel simply because you don't like airliners I've got no problem with that :lol:

I have taken several amazing trips all over the country in my life. You wanna know how many of those I flew for? Three, one of which I was too young to remember. Trust me, I can survive perfectly fine and enjoy life perfectly well without setting foot in a commercial airliner. If you perfer to take the fast route everywhere you go, good for you. But you never know what you're missing below you.

#40 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:21 AM

View PostSoaringEagle, on Aug 26 2007, 03:56 AM, said:

View Postwyoairbus, on Aug 26 2007, 02:29 AM, said:

Okay enough of this, if you would rather take weeks to travel simply because you don't like airliners I've got no problem with that :censored:

I have taken several amazing trips all over the country in my life. You wanna know how many of those I flew for? Three, one of which I was too young to remember. Trust me, I can survive perfectly fine and enjoy life perfectly well without setting foot in a commercial airliner. If you perfer to take the fast route everywhere you go, good for you. But you never know what you're missing below you.

A whole lot of farm fields and gas stations? :lol:

No I see what you're getting at, if you prefer road trips that's great. It's fun to go driving off on the highway with a bunch of friends, they make for great trips, but I much prefer to fly and I guess that's just my preference, and not necessarily because I get to my destination faster, but for the whole experience. :lol: