MattGarner

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:37 AM

View PostInterwebs, on Aug 30 2007, 01:17 AM, said:

But hey said an Airband scanner in the uk is illegal :lol:

Wrong. They are no illegal. Many people at the Official spotting park at Manchester as them and Police patrol that. Even the shop their sells them. So they are not illegal :lol:

#22 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:59 AM

Hey guys im talking about camera here not Radio LOL.

Want to know if it's legal to broadcast live traffic of the a/c turning over towards EGLL to 27R or 27L it would be quite good.

#23 EZY174

EZY174

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:01 AM

One thing to note, if you plan to charge people a subscription then you will have to invest a LOT of money into a good website with a very secure security system - it won't be cheap.

#24 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:26 AM

I mite use google checkout or paypal i could get someone that know php of the back of his :lol: so yeah i could but i would only get a site that is not to much money.

How do i set up streaming aswell.

Things i think i need.

A Computer :lol: :hilarious:  
A CCTV Camera could do well.
A wire feed and something to connect to my pc then feed down to your pc via Flash or anything else.

People use there home cams for some airports.
That is sad and i won't be able to go on msn wid it. :lol: :censored:  

If i can get my money back i would make it free for life, simple as lol and look at this what i found.

Europe Airport cams and UK

Here is the list of active camera at Airports but im not doing the airport just the approaching traffic.

Posted Image

#25 EZY174

EZY174

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:19 AM

Just as long as you are aware that a lot of money will need to be put into this before any sort of profit appears or even enough to get you out of debt.

#26 gaz4uk

gaz4uk

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:00 PM

You just better hope they don't use Easterlies for long periods of time then :lol:

#27 WF10

WF10

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:52 AM

View PostInterwebs, on Aug 29 2007, 07:17 PM, said:

:censored: bollocks. wth is that about? so all these 53,000 google hits are all breaking the law by selling them?? thats a load of crap. where did you hear that?? :lol:

#28 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:39 AM

View Postgaz4uk, on Sep 1 2007, 12:00 AM, said:

You just better hope they don't use Easterlies for long periods of time then :lol:

Actually they have flown into the 9L and 9R latley of this year actually around 15-30 percent up from last year.

#29 suddste

suddste

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:04 AM

If you got a live feed of approaching aircraft from Heathrow, it'd be very popular, and you could just put ads by google onto your website, then you woud probably get alot of money from those ads, because it'd be very popular.

#30 gaz4uk

gaz4uk

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:37 AM

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Sep 2 2007, 10:39 AM, said:

Actually they have flown into the 9L and 9R latley of this year actually around 15-30 percent up from last year.

I know, that's what I'm getting at - we have been using them a fair bit lately :lol:

#31 TND4NOS

TND4NOS

Official Contest Host\Edited Contest Host

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:49 AM

Would match well with live ATC :lol:

#32 EZY174

EZY174

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:21 AM

View PostSpeedbirdVirtual, on Sep 2 2007, 10:39 AM, said:

I love the way he has just tried to suprise a Heathrow Controller with a piece of information :lol:

#33 concorde1105

concorde1105

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:34 AM

View PostWF07, on Sep 1 2007, 12:52 PM, said:

:lol: bollocks. wth is that about? so all these 53,000 google hits are all breaking the law by selling them?? thats a load of crap. where did you hear that?? :censored:

Well I don't know how it is in the UK but in Switzerland, France, Germany... you are allowed to own an airband scanner but not to use it. lol
Well you're allowed to use it to listen radio. :lol:

#34 madbrit

madbrit

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:27 PM

View PostWF07, on Sep 1 2007, 04:52 AM, said:

:censored: bollocks. wth is that about? so all these 53,000 google hits are all breaking the law by selling them?? thats a load of crap. where did you hear that?? :lol:

In the UK, selling or owning an airband scanner is legal.  Listening to air, police, fire or ambulance channels is illegal - though enforcing the law is another matter.

#35 EZY174

EZY174

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:33 PM

I guess since that British Airways has left the forum that this project isn't going ahead?

#36 bigflyersmallbyer

bigflyersmallbyer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:45 AM

I agree it would be very popular but you could get your self into alot of trouble..

#37 John Taylor

John Taylor

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:29 PM

Here is the rule about the air bands in the UK :

http://www.ofcom.org...nfo/ra169r7.pdf
--

Anyone who intends to listen to radio transmissions should be aware of the following:

A licence is not required for a radio receiver as long as it is not capable of transmission as well (The Wireless Telegraphy Apparatus (Receivers) (Exemption) Regulations 1989 (SI 1989 No 123). The exception to this is that it is an offence to listen to unlicensed broadcasters (pirates) without a licence. Licences are not issued for this purpose.

Although it is not illegal to sell, buy or own a scanning or other receiver in the UK, it must only be used to listen to transmissions meant for GENERAL RECEPTION. The services that you can listen to include Amateur and Citizens' Band transmissions, licensed broadcast radio, and weather and navigation broadcasts.

It is an offence to listen to any other radio services unless you are authorised by a designated person to do so.

Another Quote:

In short you can use a scanner to listen to anything broadcast for general reception, radio amateurs, CB, weather and navigation broadcasts. Unless you are a police officer or work in the emergency services you are not allowed to listen to their communications.

You can only listen to other services if you have the permission of the sender. The air show is a good example where the control tower frequencies are publicised and that would be considered permission.
In practical terms, you are unlikely to be prosecuted for simply listening in, if discrete and sensible. However, if you pass on information from what you hear, through Bulletin Boards, the press, or by setting up a live feed, then it's entirely feasible to feel Ofcom's hand on your collar and an appointment before the beak.
--

#38 aviatordom

aviatordom

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

View PostInterwebs, on Aug 30 2007, 01:17 AM, said:

No its not.

radioscan.co.uk

It sounds like a brilliant idea, especially for people who don't live near a major airport and see barely any good traffic (like me!). Its a shame its illegal and some sick chav would only vandalize the camera or nick it.

At Paris CDG its illegal to even take pictures!

#39 WF10

WF10

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:50 PM

View Postmadbrit, on Sep 5 2007, 02:27 PM, said:

View PostWF07, on Sep 1 2007, 04:52 AM, said:

:lol: bollocks. wth is that about? so all these 53,000 google hits are all breaking the law by selling them?? thats a load of crap. where did you hear that?? :censored:

In the UK, selling or owning an airband scanner is legal.  Listening to air, police, fire or ambulance channels is illegal - though enforcing the law is another matter.

what the :lol: are you on about??????? 'In the UK, selling or owning an airband scanner is legal' do you not even know your own countries laws?????

Makes me sick!