164 replies to this topic

#121 Wokhead

Wokhead

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

Can't people see here, that it's practically impossible to reach a verdict here! :lol:

#122 kestrel

kestrel

formerly phil0510

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:33 PM

View PostPrvt Parts, on Sep 25 2007, 07:24 PM, said:

Can't people see here, that it's practically impossible to reach a verdict here! :lol:

:lol:

#123 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:17 PM

View PostPrvt Parts, on Sep 25 2007, 12:24 PM, said:

no it's not, everyone has their own :lol:

I have to say though, some of these reasons are just plain retarded....jeez

#124 rabbitweasel

rabbitweasel

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:49 PM

Boeing FTW over here.

Nothing against Airbus, but 80% of the flights I'm on are Boeing and another 19% Canadair and McDonnel Douglas which is part of Boeing anyway so I'm not too familiar with Airbus. I only flew on an Airbus once from LHR-HEL on an A320 of Finnair. They did have a cool nosegear camera that was displayed on the TVs though. But I still support Boeing because they make up Delta's fleet and Seattle "my favorite city" and Boeing have deep roots.

#125 Wokhead

Wokhead

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:46 AM

View PostFlying_Pie, on Sep 25 2007, 06:17 PM, said:

View PostPrvt Parts, on Sep 25 2007, 12:24 PM, said:

no it's not, everyone has their own :censored:

I have to say though, some of these reasons are just plain retarded....jeez

I meant on a grand scale. with everyone agreeing. It's stupid :lol:

#126 Mr Smooth.

Mr Smooth.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:37 AM

Boeing all the way... The flight dynamics in an airbus are just wierd... Love the boeing cockpit layout and the aircraft look... Aibus's is not for me... Even thought im English... Sorry to say, sorry europe, im with America in the boeing :lol:

#127 mulletman

mulletman

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:35 AM

I like both very much, i do have to say that airbus seem to have more of a clinical look about them. I would fly in any plane, i wouldnt shun any aircraft for stupid reasons (unless SK-1323 was on it, i don't think i could cope with that). I have to be bad here and say that i completely support orders going to airbus though, simply because i am studying Aerospace engineering at uni and the more orders airbus get the higher the chance of me getting a job when i graduate.

Fred

#128 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:34 PM

View Postmulletman, on Sep 30 2007, 10:35 AM, said:

i wouldnt shun any aircraft for stupid reasons (unless SK-1323 was on it, i don't think i could cope with that)
rofl +1

#129 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:44 PM

View Postmulletman, on Sep 30 2007, 11:35 AM, said:

I like both very much, i do have to say that airbus seem to have more of a clinical look about them. I would fly in any plane, i wouldnt shun any aircraft for stupid reasons (unless SK-1323 was on it, i don't think i could cope with that). I have to be bad here and say that i completely support orders going to airbus though, simply because i am studying Aerospace engineering at uni and the more orders airbus get the higher the chance of me getting a job when i graduate.

Fred

Wow, all this commotion just because i stated my opinion, i'm impressed that airbus fans got offended by my very own opinions. I simply don't like airbus and that's the way it is and no, i would never fly on an airbus because i simply don't like it. Is that so hard to respect?

Calm down people.. sheesh.

View PostTEOTWAWKI, on Sep 23 2007, 10:20 AM, said:

View PostSK-1323, on Sep 23 2007, 09:23 AM, said:

I can however rephrase it: I think Airbus aircraft models looks like a disgrace to the aviation. And that is nothing else but an opinion, which you obivously can't accept.
Airbus' aircraft are horribly ugly. That is my personal opinion. Is anyone going to change this? Nope, not at all.

Thank you so much for making my point! :lol:

Edited by SK-1323, 30 September 2007 - 01:36 PM.

#130 Captainmk

Captainmk

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

View PostSK-1323, on Sep 30 2007, 07:44 PM, said:

Fred

Wow, all this commotion just because i stated my opinion, i'm impressed that airbus fans got offended by my very own opinions. I simply don't like airbus and that's the way it is and no, i would never fly on an airbus because i simply don't like it. Is that so hard to respect?

It actually is...by claiming that you'd never fly on such an extremely large chunk of aircraft out there...is plain ridiculous. And yet you call yourself an aviation enthusiast...

#131 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:52 PM

So you can't respect my opinion about airbus and the fact that i don't want to fly airbus because i don't like them? i thought we lived in a free world where we were free to state our own opinions without starting ww3, but i guess i was wrong.

Yes i am an aviation enthusiast, but i reserve the right to like the aircrafts of my very own choice, be it airbus, boeing, mcdonnell douglas, bombardier and  what not.

#132 Mul.

Mul.

Contributor\First Class Member\Hardware Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,362 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:55 PM

View PostSK-1323, on Sep 30 2007, 07:44 PM, said:

Fred

View PostTEOTWAWKI, on Sep 23 2007, 10:20 AM, said:

View PostSK-1323, on Sep 23 2007, 09:23 AM, said:

I can however rephrase it: I think Airbus aircraft models looks like a disgrace to the aviation. And that is nothing else but an opinion, which you obivously can't accept.
Airbus' aircraft are horribly ugly. That is my personal opinion. Is anyone going to change this? Nope, not at all.

Thank you so much for making my point! :lol:

I think you yourself need to drop super defensive mode down a notch or so as well. Surely you can't say you didn't expect such responses when you write sweeping statements of Airbus aircraft being unsafe and underpowered? On a forum, you can never write such statements as an opinion as it can quite easily be read in a different context, as though you're stating a fact...and of course we all know that Airbus aircraft being unsafe and underpowered is certainly not a fact! :lol:

Though I agree, regardless of what you said there's been quite a few overly defensive posts from others as well. Just a touchy subject area really.

#133 jetblast787

jetblast787

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:00 PM

Im going to start a post on this forum with a poll this time to see which is stronger

#134 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:00 PM

Very well said, Mul, and yes i agree that some of my statements was a bit over the top as i have honestly admitted earlier in this topic. I guess this is a very touchy subject, but i will stand for what i have said and that is the way i feel about airbus, however i will refrain from stating my opinions about this in the future.

I'm sorry if i offended other members here in my previous posts. But my opinion about airbus is still the same.

Thank you.

#135 Captainmk

Captainmk

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

View PostSK-1323, on Sep 30 2007, 07:52 PM, said:

So you can't respect my opinion about airbus and the fact that i don't want to fly airbus because i don't like them? i thought we lived in a free world where we were free to state our own opinions without starting ww3, but i guess i was wrong.

Yes i am an aviation enthusiast, but i reserve the right to like the aircrafts of my very own choice, be it airbus, boeing, mcdonnell douglas, bombardier and  what not.

Wait a minute, you've never flown on an Airbus, you've never been inside an Airbus nor an Airbus cockpit, you've never even been near an Airbus and yet you have such strong feelings against Airbus?

Back in the day, Aviation Enthusiasts were people who appreciate every kind of aircraft whether they preferred one from the other or not. Back in the day, Aviation enthusiasts tried out and flew in the aircraft before having such strong feelings against them. I guess things have changed a lot since back in the day.

There's more to aircraft than its looks, and Airbus aircraft statistically aren't even as ugly as you seem to claim anyway. A true aviation enthusiast would base his opinions on aircraft not just about their looks but all other aspects too. Have you ever watched shows such as Top Gear? They don't stupidly base their opinions on the brand, they treat every single car as an individual car and they don't base their opinions on just the looks either.

#136 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:18 PM

View PostCaptainmk, on Sep 30 2007, 02:07 PM, said:

View PostSK-1323, on Sep 30 2007, 07:52 PM, said:

Wait a minute, you've never flown on an Airbus, you've never been inside an Airbus nor an Airbus cockpit, you've never even been near an Airbus and yet you have such strong feelings against Airbus?

Back in the day, Aviation Enthusiasts were people who appreciate every kind of aircraft whether they preferred one from the other or not. Back in the day, Aviation enthusiasts tried out and flew in the aircraft before having such strong feelings against them. I guess things have changed a lot since back in the day.

There's more to aircraft than its looks, and Airbus aircraft statistically aren't even as ugly as you seem to claim anyway. A true aviation enthusiast would base his opinions on aircraft not just about their looks but all other aspects too. Have you ever watched shows such as Top Gear? They don't stupidly base their opinions on the brand, they treat every single car as an individual car and they don't base their opinions on just the looks either.

You just won't give up, will you?

I said i judge airbus by the looks because i have seen them and have been close to them and by that i make up my opinions, they are not made by flight experience. Still it seems like you just don't want to realize that. You also blindly claim that i "Hate" Airbus, but that is far from the truth.. sure, i don't like airbus, but i sure as heck don't Hate it. I appreciate airbus for what they have made and accomplished. I do appreciate different aircraft for what they are, but not always about their looks.

Also you being 16 years old and talking about "back in the day" seems to be a bit contradictory to me.

How in the world can you challenge my opinions statistically, My opinions is not based by statistics, it's my own personal taste and opinion and nothing else. Statistics don't have anything at all to do with it.. can't i state my own opinions? do i have to read statistics on how ugly i think it looks before i post? Statistics and facts is one thing, personal opinions is another and they can be very different from each-other.

And about Top Gear.. Yes i have seen it, in fact it's one of my favorite car shows, but Jeremy Clarkson have his very personal opinions about different cars as well, something he points out in top gear from time to time. so yes, Clarkson can sometimes be biased, especially when it comes to American cars as you probably have noticed.

This is my final post here. As i said earlier, i'm sorry if i insulted any other members/airbus enthusiasts here, but that don't change my opinions.

Thank you.

Edited by SK-1323, 30 September 2007 - 03:30 PM.

#137 Captainmk

Captainmk

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:05 AM

I guess I'm not an easily giving-up person.

I said i judge airbus by the looks because i have seen them and have been close to them and by that i make up my opinions, they are not made by flight experience. Still it seems like you just don't want to realize that. You also blindly claim that i "Hate" Airbus, but that is far from the truth.. sure, i don't like airbus, but i sure as heck don't Hate it. I appreciate airbus for what they have made and accomplished. I do appreciate different aircraft for what they are, but not always about their looks.

You don't hate their aircraft and yet you call him a disgrace to aviation and yet you claim you'd never fly on an Airbus? Sounds like hatred to me.

Also you being 16 years old and talking about "back in the day" seems to be a bit contradictory to me.

"Back in the day" is a figure of speech, originally meaning "last time I checked" or "usually". I would've thought a person 8 years older than me would've known that by now. I sincerely hope you didn't take "back in the day" literally.

How in the world can you challenge my opinions statistically, My opinions is not based by statistics, it's my own personal taste and opinion and nothing else. Statistics don't have anything at all to do with it.. can't i state my own opinions? do i have to read statistics on how ugly i think it looks before i post? Statistics and facts is one thing, personal opinions is another and they can be very different from each-other.

How am I trying to change your opinion? I am just questioning some of the ridiculous statements you have made in this topic, nothing wrong with it at all. I am not questioning your opinions.

And about Top Gear.. Yes i have seen it, in fact it's one of my favorite car shows, but Jeremy Clarkson have his very personal opinions about different cars as well, something he points out in top gear from time to time. so yes, Clarkson can sometimes be biased, especially when it comes to American cars as you probably have noticed.

The difference here is, Jeremy Clarkson actually tries and drives the cars he moans about.

This is my final post here. As i said earlier, i'm sorry if i insulted any other members/airbus enthusiasts here, but that don't change my opinions.

No one is trying to change your opinions here. Your opinions are based on claims that you have been making yourself, untrue and ridiculous claims that people are trying to correct. Stop constantly misunderstanding what I'm talking about.

Edited by Captainmk, 01 October 2007 - 05:07 AM.

#138 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:35 AM

View PostCaptainmk, on Oct 1 2007, 05:05 AM, said:

I guess I'm not an easily giving-up person.

You don't hate their aircraft and yet you call him a disgrace to aviation and yet you claim you'd never fly on an Airbus? Sounds like hatred to me.

"Back in the day" is a figure of speech, originally meaning "last time I checked" or "usually". I would've thought a person 8 years older than me would've known that by now. I sincerely hope you didn't take "back in the day" literally.

How am I trying to change your opinion? I am just questioning some of the ridiculous statements you have made in this topic, nothing wrong with it at all. I am not questioning your opinions.

The difference here is, Jeremy Clarkson actually tries and drives the cars he moans about.

No one is trying to change your opinions here. Your opinions are based on claims that you have been making yourself, untrue and ridiculous claims that people are trying to correct. Stop constantly misunderstanding what I'm talking about.

this is no use. i have said my opinions and you constantly misread and misunderstand them. You really need to learn when to stop.

I say the airbus' look is a disgrace to aviation, and only the looks, nothing else but the looks which is an opinion and personal taste. It may sound like hatred to you, but to me it's a personal opinion, we obivously have our different points of view when it comes to hatred. I don't have to fly an airbus in order to judge the way it looks.

I'm glad you corrected that back in the day statement, but how could i know if you meant it literally or not.

And they are not statements, they are O-P-I-N-I-O-N-S and you are questioning them as what i have said is based on my opinions and nothing else as i have said to you a million times now. Call them ridiculous, by all means, but they are my ridiculous opinions.

So that i think airbus aircraft is ugly, is in you opinion untrue and ridiculous? I have already admitted that some of my statements have been a bit over the top, but i still stand by them and they are my opinions still. I know you may not like that, but i really don't care.

I can keep repeating all this over and over again, but i see no point in doing so..

Edited by SK-1323, 01 October 2007 - 05:49 AM.

#139 Captainmk

Captainmk

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:14 AM

Because the Boeing models is actually beautiful to look at while the airbus models looks like they were designed and developed by a caveman from the relevant era. Boeing also have much more powerful engines than any airbus (which generally is severly underpowered) and the Boeing cockpits looks so much more nicer and warmer. Airbus is something prehistoric from the dinosaur age (at least thats what it looks like to me)

And learning the Boeing systems takes much less time than learning the airbus system which is just one big computer that does everything for you.. and frankly it's boring.

Are you saying these aren't statements? ...

Ok let me see here

View PostSK-1323, on Sep 22 2007, 01:56 AM, said:

In fact, if i saw an airbus standing at the gate and i have been scheduled to take a flight on it, i would in fact not board the aircraft and rather take the bus or get booked to a flight with a Boeing. And that's not a lie :lol: I would never set my foot inside an airbus unless i really had to. I would never feel safe inside it, but thats just me :lol:

Here you are implying that Airbus aircraft are completely unsafe, that is a statement that can be proven wrong and is proven wrong. To be honest that's the most ridiculous thing I've read on this forum the whole time I've been here (and trust me there can be a lot of ridiculous posts on this forum). If you are unwilling to fly on such a large chunk of aircraft out there, you are not an aviation enthusiast, a brainwashed sicko perhaps.

Every one of your reply to my comments is the same, so don't even bother replying to me this time, because you come up with exactly the same argument as before, it's not worth wasting my time trying to get a point across which you seem unable to comprehend. How can you detest anything so much when you haven't tried it or had an experience in it. It's stupid and plain ridiculous.

Edited by Captainmk, 01 October 2007 - 07:17 AM.

#140 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:30 AM

View PostCaptainmk, on Oct 1 2007, 07:14 AM, said:

Here you are implying that Airbus aircraft are completely unsafe, that is a statement that can be proven wrong and is proven wrong. To be honest that's the most ridiculous thing I've read on this forum the whole time I've been here (and trust me there can be a lot of ridiculous posts on this forum). If you are unwilling to fly on such a large chunk of aircraft out there, you are not an aviation enthusiast, a brainwashed sicko perhaps.

Every one of your reply to my comments is the same, so don't even bother replying to me this time, because you come up with exactly the same argument as before, it's not worth wasting my time trying to get a point across which you seem unable to comprehend. How can you detest anything so much when you haven't tried it or had an experience in it. It's stupid and plain ridiculous.

I agree that "Boeing also have much more powerful engines than any airbus (which generally is severly underpowered)" was a stupid sentence and was way over the top, which i have admitted.

For me the boeing systems took much less time to learn than the airbus systems, which i still can't use properly. So yes. in my case boeing systems is much easier to learn. I can only speak on my own behalf.

And that i fond the airbus cockpit boring is again a personal opinion and taste and NOT a statement.

That is something i personally FEEL about airbus, i would not FEEL safe inside an airbus. Is that so hard to understand? Ridiculous to you? maybe, to me? not at all. I don't like airbus and that's why i don't fly on it.

And degrading yourself down to going to personal attacks like calling me a sicko is just pathetic and ridiculous. I am entitled to mean whatever i want on anything, ridiculous or not. I am an aviation enthusiast no matter if i prefer an aircraft over the other, it's all about personal taste.

All your answers is the same as well, you don't seem to get what i'm saying no matter what way i put it. And i'm not wasting your time, you are wasting your own time so if you have nothing better to say then please don't bother replying yourself. You have allready degraded yourself down to personal attacks and that is enough. I'm unable to comprehend? look at yourself, i have to repeat my answers as you keep on coming with the same accusations. I am not detesting anything, i simply said i don't like airbus because i think they look ugly, that is something i have said to you so much now that i'm surprised you don't understand it yet. I don't have to fly an airbus in order to judge it's appearance.

Have a nice day.

Edited by SK-1323, 01 October 2007 - 07:39 AM.