24 replies to this topic

#21 SNbrussels

SNbrussels

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

No offence, but you could simply have not replied - but now you have without really contributing. So you can't really say I am all at fault  :hrmm:

Sorry all...

SN

#22 Bell417

Bell417

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:43 AM

View PostSNbrussels, on May 30 2009, 10:45 AM, said:

View PostBell417, on Dec 17 2007, 03:44 PM, said:

1. Right click on the X52 Icon on the taskbar and select Profile Editor
2. Open your profile for FSX
3. Under the Shiftstate bar near the top of the screen select the mode you want to use when landing (I use Mode 2)
4. Scroll down to the throttle bar, click on the small arrow on the far right of the bar and select Bands
5. Pull the throttle all the way back and then put the mouse pointer as low as it will go without change back to the mouse icon (when you open the bands option an hold the mouse over the area where you can set the bands it change to a horizontal bar with a double ended arrow in the middle of it pointing vertically. Use this to select the threshold for when reverse thrust will kick in--generally as low as it can go)
6. Once you have that set, click on the green check mark icon on the top right of the throttle area
7. Then click in the small space between the line you just made and the bottom of the selection area. This should bring up a small box called Keypress Editor—then press the key (or combination of keys) that you have currently set to reverse thrust and then hit OK (the default reverse thrust button is F2)
8. Now save your profile.

Thanks for the info, however, would this not make your plane go in to reverse thrust also when your throttle is simply at 0% idle on ground?

Thanks! Sorry for grave digging this thread!  :hrmm:

SN
No, it won't as long as you have it in the first mode (green light). You shift it down to the second mode (red light?) to use R/T. Feel free to ask here or PM me if you need more help.

Edited by Bell417, 30 May 2009 - 10:44 AM.

#23 Bertie

Bertie

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

Hey all,

Just to drag this up again (I'm sure it's been asked already) - is there a way to modify this so that reverse thrust is engaged when you get past the notch on the throttle?

Thanks a lot!

#24 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

View PostBertie, on Sep 15 2009, 05:19 PM, said:

Hey all,

Just to drag this up again (I'm sure it's been asked already) - is there a way to modify this so that reverse thrust is engaged when you get past the notch on the throttle?

Thanks a lot!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=saitek+x52+reverse+thrust

#25 SergeBMW

SergeBMW

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

The button there is to cancel out inputs so you can actally hit a button and it will recall the info on what that button does on the MFD. It really becomes helpfull when using all 3 modes especially for Fighter Jets.