47 replies to this topic

#41 jvile

jvile

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:39 AM

Going to try get AI flights working there today but I need to get my head around that stuff yet.

Capt_Gabe

You have several options.

Marcus placed in his documents for the FS9 9Dragons version of Kai Tak a way to divert any AI Plane going to VHHH over to VHHX. The Document that explains this technique is in his Part 1 of the 5 part download. This technique can be used for the default FSX FP's also using AIFPC to decompile the FSX FP's and then recompile once VHHH is changed to VHHX.

A second option is to download my FS9 Kai Tak 98.

http://library.avsim...D...&DLID=84714

In this download is a VHHX_FP.zip file that has the MRAI FP's that were correct when Kai Tak closed in 1998. You will have to find all the base model planes and textures at AVSIM to complete my FP's because I could not attacah those in the zip.

#42 reider

reider

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:54 AM

I amended VHHH to VHHX at random, using my modified file from JustFlight Traffic (got rid of TNGs, added traffic to EGCB Barton Manchester etc).  Compiled again with TT and saved to the scenery/world folder.

Initially, I set 100% traffic etc for viewing purposes.  ATC had aircraft using runway 31 so I opened the traffic explorer from the tools menu on another screen and diverted them all to runway 13.  I then arranged the list by ETA and TO, then adjusted the time to get the best views for incoming aircraft.  I picked the next incoming aircraft from the explorer and selected view.  I placed this view window right at the bottom left of my screen and slightly enlarged it.  I had parked my helicopter facing runway 13 and the checker board.  I then rotated the window view so I was behind the plane.

Using thest two views, one behind the plane and the other ahead of the plane watching it coming in was an astounding effect!  From behind I could see it pass the buildings going toward the checkerboard including making the tight turn, then watch it from the front coming around at the checkerboard and lining up for the runway by just lifting my gaze upward to the main screen.  I spent half a day doing this, checking again on the explorer window for the next round of incoming flights and changing the FSX time to suit.  I found this better than watching from the tower and nearly as good as watching from an airport in real life.

Thanks very much Jim, excellent work.......  :lol:

Reider

AKA Steve

Edited by reider, 05 January 2008 - 10:57 AM.

#43 jvile

jvile

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

Initially, I set 100% traffic etc for viewing purposes. ATC had aircraft using runway 31

Set winds to 134 at 8 kts.

reload AI Planes by changing your aircraft heading by 1 degree in the map menu of FSX.

#44 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:49 AM

posted a few shots of VHHX, and yes Capt Gabe, I had all the bells and whistles running in the cp, you called it right, tomorrow will try agian, this is one tough baby, whats the easiest way to get some airline traffic, I know you mentioned something Capt Gabe about a tool, but I am not sure how to use it.

Jvile this is some nice little gift that we all got from you, and is compatible with FSX, I'm sure many other folks will be on the bandwagon, and I can make fun of myself a little bit, like I said on the screenies, the last time this has happened to me was when I was flying into Aspen on a CRJ-700 overshot runway 15 and atc then sent me into a mountain.Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 rsperge

rsperge

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:03 PM

excuse me but not too smart with this part, how do I add airline traffic for the old Hong Kong airport VHHX, I downloaded the two files airport is in as you can see my screenies, maybe somebody can give me a step by step, on how to do this  ?  thanks so much exucse my ignorance!!

#46 747-400

747-400

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

any idea why my checkerboard doesn't show during the day and at night i only get blank not illuminated boards ? both bmps are installed as per instructions, also just now - the light approach towers disappear/reappear ? i'm running vista 64bit - i guess this is the reason ? has anyone managed to get some traffic here ? i imported fs9 vhhx 9dragon bgl and got some, although it is not recommended - i had some traffic and 747s landing...

beautifully done airport though -if i could only get this to work 100% - i'd appreciate some ideas...

#47 donaldd

donaldd

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

You can find scenery at FlyTampa.com. They have some of the best payware scenery for FSX & FS2004.

#48 Mindst0rm

Mindst0rm

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

Finally someone mentioned Fly Tampa. Their Kai Tak scenery is jaw dropping. :hrmm: