- - - - -

May 2004 Screenshot Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Who deserves to win? (103 member(s) have cast votes)

Who deserves to win?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#21 Leginmat

Leginmat

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:10 AM

Dreamliner, on May 1 2004, 11:51 PM, said:

I hate to be negative Jon, but some of us will have school at the time the contest opens if it's a weekday.
Agree :o It was luckily that it was a saturday for me B) Is it possible to have more entires than 20? Maybe 25?? makes it quite hard on me since I live all the way down under and also have school ;) Timers are great! Used it to tell me when to submit but still didn't get one in though :P Thanks

nigel

#22 BrianF

BrianF

formerly BrianFeinzimer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:22 AM

Dreamliner, on May 1 2004, 09:51 PM, said:

I hate to be negative Jon, but some of us will have school at the time the contest opens if it's a weekday.
True!  Please turn this into a standard where it happens on a weekend! Thanks!

#23 Robin.

Robin.

Contributor\Download Manager\formerly Robin.B

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:24 AM

Now Wait A Minute! Why is Number 10 missing from the poll?

#24 peterock

peterock

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 01:17 AM

Some great shots this round.  It will be tough to choose.  

fssimulator:  nice catch there.  I didn't even notice the 10 spot missing.

ADSimpson:  I think you came up with a great idea about your splashscreens.  I think however, you should wait to post them when the contest is over, so as not to influence the voting.  Just a thought.

Again, nice shots everyone!

#25 Erez Savir

Erez Savir

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 02:03 AM

I didn't understand when to send the pictures....
can i send the Edited picture now?or send it on a set time?

Ohhh i don't understand!
and yes now i voted...

Erez

#26 Leginmat

Leginmat

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 02:31 AM

Erez, KEWR_RWY_29 will post a topic on the forums saying he is now accepting shots for the contest so keep your eyes open!  :o

#27 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 02:42 AM

Why is it that my shot was not accepted?? Byron said my shot couldnt be accepted due to the text that was on there, my screenshot utility does that automatically, i cant help that. There is nothing in the rules that says the text can't be on the picture. It was only a small amount of text in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. It said the height of the plane and the location. Although it says no editing, i didn't edit my picture. I say again, my screenshot utility does that, i cant help it. Whats the go, Byron? Jon? Brad?

EDIT: I cant take the text off, because taking off a bit from the bottom will ruin the shot.

Edited by WarrenGmon, 02 May 2004 - 02:45 AM.

#28 Gaz.Roberts.UKGeneralManager

Gaz.Roberts.UKGeneralManager

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 04:18 AM

number 5 is peachy  :P  :o nice shots in there

#29 --FlyEr--

--FlyEr--

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:04 AM

Hey Byron where is my shot???  :o If only the twenty first shots will be posted on the contest, there is no reason to the date limit (start on 1 on each month and finish at day 10)... because I give it to you on the first day AND MY SHOT WASN'T POSTED!!! B)  :P

Edited by --FlyEr--, 02 May 2004 - 06:54 AM.

#30 djtom12

djtom12

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:57 AM

#18, not saying anything more :o

#31 Guest_trazcer_*

Guest_trazcer_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:55 PM

;)  :P  OMG I'm not saying anything about all this whining and complaining going on  B) B)

To the mods: Since people can't grasp the concept of the contest starting on the first, maybe you'll have to put the countdown timer on the forum's home page so they can't say that they didn't see it or something.........

You guys are doing everything you can do to help these common sense deprived people know when the contest begins, Byron has done a pinned topic, Jon has put a countdown timer on his sig and Brad has helped in ways I'm sure. Keep up the good work guys, and don't let all this whining mess with you. :o

#32 JonnyPhan

JonnyPhan

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 04:58 PM

:o Sorry !

Post removed by Jonnyphan

Edited by JonnyPhan, 02 May 2004 - 05:00 PM.

#33 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:32 PM

groudon39, on May 3 2004, 03:55 AM, said:

;)  :P  OMG I'm not saying anything about all this whining and complaining going on  B) B)

To the mods: Since people can't grasp the concept of the contest starting on the first, maybe you'll have to put the countdown timer on the forum's home page so they can't say that they didn't see it or something.........

You guys are doing everything you can do to help these common sense deprived people know when the contest begins, Byron has done a pinned topic, Jon has put a countdown timer on his sig and Brad has helped in ways I'm sure. Keep up the good work guys, and don't let all this whining mess with you. :o
I'm not whining! My shot was in on time an wasnt accepted because of some text that was on it because my Screenshot Utility put it on there. Byron wouldnt accept it because of that. Now tell me where in the rules it says i cant have it on there? Its not an edit because i didn't put it on there.
Here is what i'm talking about, this isnt the shot i was entering:
Posted Image

Common Sense Deprived People?? My shot was in on time. At my place the competition started at 8:00pm, i sent my shot in at 8:06pm. All i wanna know is why my shot wasnt accepted when it didn't break any rules. Thats all, nothing less, nothing more.

#34 dc30

dc30

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:50 PM

well you all no that this screenshot competion thing is really popular and byron can only accept 20 submission so if he recieves 30 then he can only take ones that were giving to him first.

#35 Mango

Mango

Contributor\First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,952 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:24 PM

Wow - that's heavy...!  :o  B)

The Bonaza or Kai Tak...? Or...  :P

#36 Mango

Mango

Contributor\First Class Member

• 11,952 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:28 PM

:o  Hahhhh.... i knew it  :P

#37 ManDango

ManDango

formerly Birdjet737\Edited Contest Host\Video Contest Host\Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:46 PM

I don't see the "Greatness" in number 5, its just not amazing. It a bonanza at georender big deal. Number 6, and Number 20 deserve the votes.

#38 ForD_MusTanG 2005

ForD_MusTanG 2005

formerly HyperActive2005

• Banned
  • 10,095 posts
  • Location:new york city (staten island) KEWR newark intl (new jersey) is the closest airport to me

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:02 AM

WarrenGmon, on May 2 2004, 07:32 PM, said:

;)  :P  OMG I'm not saying anything about all this whining and complaining going on  B) B)

I'm not whining! My shot was in on time an wasnt accepted because of some text that was on it because my Screenshot Utility put it on there. Byron wouldnt accept it because of that. Now tell me where in the rules it says i cant have it on there? Its not an edit because i didn't put it on there.
Posted Image

Common Sense Deprived People?? My shot was in on time. At my place the competition started at 8:00pm, i sent my shot in at 8:06pm. All i wanna know is why my shot wasnt accepted when it didn't break any rules. Thats all, nothing less, nothing more.
i have what u have and mine does not do that
Posted Image
^ taken with screen shot utility and it don't say 3,000 ft, staten island now does it?

Edited by HyperActive2oo4, 03 May 2004 - 12:09 AM.

#39 Anthony

Anthony

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:29 AM

eric: its because your SS utility is wack!

Im Rick James Bit#h

#40 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:18 AM

HyperActive2oo4, on May 3 2004, 03:02 PM, said:

WarrenGmon, on May 2 2004, 07:32 PM, said:

;)  :P  OMG I'm not saying anything about all this whining and complaining going on  B) B)

Posted Image

i have what u have and mine does not do that
Posted Image
^ taken with screen shot utility and it don't say 3,000 ft, staten island now does it?
Uhhh don't you think thats because the Screenshot Utility, or whatever u wanna call it, is different to yours. There's that many out there. Mine is called "Snapper". I use it because of the features it has, but i don't think i'll use it anymore because it seems to "Break the rules". Even though there is no rule that i have broken.....