260 replies to this topic

#241 162db

162db

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:32 PM

My only question is how are you going to blend the autogen with such high resolution textures. Thats great looking stuff there.

Edited by 162db, 08 April 2008 - 01:32 PM.

#242 Peter Wilding

Peter Wilding

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:02 PM

View Post162db, on Apr 8 2008, 07:32 PM, said:

My only question is how are you going to blend the autogen with such high resolution textures. Thats great looking stuff there.

With the greastest of care and precision.....  :lol:

#243 fighter25

fighter25

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

View PostPeter Wilding, on Apr 8 2008, 06:02 PM, said:

View Post162db, on Apr 8 2008, 07:32 PM, said:

With the greastest of care and precision.....  :lol:
:lol:  Great job Peter! Looking good. So are the cloud textures!

#244 Peter Wilding

Peter Wilding

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:17 PM

Been messing with some runway textures today. Not sure if we'll get this in to the first update but if not it will follow soon.

Still working on ground textures as well. Lots happening.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#245 ollyau

ollyau

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:07 PM

Cool :lol:

#246 Edric

Edric

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

Now that's what I call a runway. Keep it up!

#247 }SkOrPn--7

}SkOrPn--7

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:06 PM

View PostPeter Wilding, on Apr 15 2008, 01:17 AM, said:

Been messing with some runway textures today. Not sure if we'll get this in to the first update but if not it will follow soon.

Still working on ground textures as well. Lots happening.

Now that there looks more realistic not a gallon of water all over the runway not draining away..........  :lol:

You say first update is that the update for FEX you talking about there Peter?

#248 Peter Wilding

Peter Wilding

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:17 AM

yes, our first update is almost ready.

I'm also working on other free things if we can get them in. We may though just get this update out as people are waiting. The product will keep growing.

Of course some people will say that's unfinished in a negative way. I see it as positive when we give more for no extra charge.

Edited by Peter Wilding, 15 April 2008 - 05:18 AM.

#249 grajay

grajay

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:27 AM

Top job there Peter. :lol:

#250 Krigl

Krigl

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:22 AM

View PostPeter Wilding, on Apr 15 2008, 05:17 AM, said:

I'm also working on other free things if we can get them in. We may though just get this update out as people are waiting. The product will keep growing.

Of course some people will say that's unfinished in a negative way. I see it as positive when we give more for no extra charge.

I agree....I'd rather have what you have done now, and update again later... than wait another month, and another, and another.... downloading updates is really no big deal at today's dl speeds. And extra content/value is always great!

Anyway, I remember reading criticism from one company who made a big deal out of "it won't be out till it's totally finished, no releasing of incomplete product like other companies do". Well, now they are releasing hotfixes, adding missing landclass, polishing version 1.1 or 1.2 etc...  :lol:  It's normal and unavoidable I think. I'm sure glad they released when they did and caught up later, though. Waiting sucks... :lol:  Looking forward to that update with bated breath....

Edited by Krigl, 23 April 2008 - 08:24 AM.

#251 yimmy149

yimmy149

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:17 PM

Really looking forward to the airport textures, even though it seems odd that it's coming in "Flight Environment" and not "Ground Environment." :lol:  I know you are different teams, but I never really got why GEX didn't include runway textures from the start, what is more essential to an airplanes "ground environment" than their airport?!

Either way, great work Peter!

-james

#252 Peter Wilding

Peter Wilding

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:53 AM

View PostKrigl, on Apr 23 2008, 02:22 PM, said:

View PostPeter Wilding, on Apr 15 2008, 05:17 AM, said:

I agree....I'd rather have what you have done now, and update again later... than wait another month, and another, and another.... downloading updates is really no big deal at today's dl speeds. And extra content/value is always great!

Anyway, I remember reading criticism from one company who made a big deal out of "it won't be out till it's totally finished, no releasing of incomplete product like other companies do". Well, now they are releasing hotfixes, adding missing landclass, polishing version 1.1 or 1.2 etc...  :lol:  It's normal and unavoidable I think. I'm sure glad they released when they did and caught up later, though. Waiting sucks... :lol:  Looking forward to that update with bated breath....

yes, I know what you mean.

It's a bit frustrating for me at the moment as the clouds are done and have been ready for a couple of months now. We are just waiting for the interface and code changes. We hope it's soon.

View Postyimmy149, on Apr 23 2008, 07:17 PM, said:

Really looking forward to the airport textures, even though it seems odd that it's coming in "Flight Environment" and not "Ground Environment." :hrmm:  I know you are different teams, but I never really got why GEX didn't include runway textures from the start, what is more essential to an airplanes "ground environment" than their airport?!

Either way, great work Peter!

-james

FEx is not part of GEX and I have no part in GEX. We are going to be doing a ground package but that's a little way off. Until then we do feel since the other cloud texture programs offer both airport textures and a weather engine we have to do the same. It will take a little time until it all comes together and FEx is a growing program and will include a lot of free updates as we are working on it all the time.

#253 badboyz777

badboyz777

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

This project is amazing !  :lol:

#254 Rick1486

Rick1486

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

Hi, I was wondering - will the new hi-res textures be seasonal, i.e. will they have the appropriate look if I were to choose to fly during Winter in what I would expect to see either/both snow covered land or hedgerows & trees devoid of foliage?

p.s. Peter I'm not too far from you if you need a reasonably local tester!

Cheers

Rick   :lol:

#255 Peter Wilding

Peter Wilding

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:23 AM

Thanks for all the postitive feedback guys

#256 toby23

toby23

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:25 AM

WOW.... absolutley amazing..
It's so great to see someone using 4096 textures finally!
Congratulations to all of you... this looks fantastic!
What an achievement!

Toby

#257 HondaCop

HondaCop

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

Peter, everytime I export a theme to FSX, it says that the cloud set is being exported as 1024 x 1204. I have checked the 4096 x 4096 option on the Options page and also I make sure that when selecting a cloud theme, it is showing ONLY the SHD themes.

What might I be doing wrong? BTW, when I check the FSX.cfg file, textures are set as 4096.

Thanks for any help.

#258 Peter Wilding

Peter Wilding

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:21 AM

View PostHondaCop, on Jul 3 2008, 03:16 AM, said:

Peter, everytime I export a theme to FSX, it says that the cloud set is being exported as 1024 x 1204. I have checked the 4096 x 4096 option on the Options page and also I make sure that when selecting a cloud theme, it is showing ONLY the SHD themes.

What might I be doing wrong? BTW, when I check the FSX.cfg file, textures are set as 4096.

Thanks for any help.

Are you installing from the desinger tab in the clouds tools or from selector or master themes.

#259 pilot-jo3y

pilot-jo3y

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:36 PM

*Bump*

#260 ollyau

ollyau

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members