Amazing, its already on AES 1.96!

#22 YR11

YR11

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

I love FT, but I question this. What the :lol: is the point of making an airport thats in-operational, and there is a good freeware? Why not make an airport that is in high demand: like KPHL or something?

#23 fluffy

fluffy

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

Very nice. I think they should do Manchester though.

#24 yuhuda

yuhuda

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:53 PM

Yea im kinda upset about this too. Out of use airport. My realistic AI don't fly there and neither do I. Maybe I wouldn't be so mad if it were any airport still in use. I wish they did KPHL too. along with the city which has a very old skyline in both FS9 and FSX.

#25 RoniisH

RoniisH

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

View PostN927FR, on Jun 14 2008, 07:39 PM, said:

I love FT, but I question this. What the :lol: is the point of making an airport thats in-operational, and there is a good freeware? Why not make an airport that is in high demand: like KPHL or something?
my point exactly. There are two sceneries of this place, why make another one?

Surely, FlyTampa's sceneries are fantastic quality and frame wise, but come on... Kai Tak? :lol:

#26 Sam Millar

Sam Millar

Orville Reincarnate

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,740 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

I'm definately getting this, Concorde + FlyTampa Kaitak here we come.

9Dragons is out of business if you buy products.

#27 Cortez

Cortez

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

Wow, Fly Tampa disappointed with me with this one.
Don't get me wrong, this scenery is amazing but why Kai Tak?

The airport has been closed for years, and theres already 9Dragons which is amazing for freeware.
I mean, as amazing as this looks, this is one I don't think I'm going to buy.

#28 CaptainTim

CaptainTim

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

View PostN927FR, on Jun 14 2008, 06:39 PM, said:

Maybe this might not have come across but Flytampa probaly didn't know about 9Dragons and so by the time 9dragons released their scenery they would of done too much work just to bin it all.

Also just because you operate to 100% realistic as possible, doesnt mean everyone else has too.

Edited by lpf20011, 14 June 2008 - 01:07 PM.

#29 The_Judge

The_Judge

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:59 PM

I wish some of you would read this entire thread as there are countless people now saying "I love FlyTampa but why Kai Tak"

Give me a break. These guys busted their :lol: on this scenery evidentially. If you work it out, 9Dragons was released roughly 5 months ago, meaning that FlyTampa would have already been slaving away for over 9 months to create their scenery, so they wouldn't have known about 9dragons efforts, but if you want to continue using their freeware scenery, be my guest. Nobody is forcing you too buy their scenery, but from what we have seen in the past, this isn't going to be your run of the mill scenery. As mentioned above, the work they would have put into it would have been too much to just scrap the project. Manchester already has a great scenery for it.

I say instead of bashing FlyTampa we need to be thankful that they are still around, as they are the number 1 scenery developers in the FS community. I personally can't wait to fly into there on Vatsim :lol:

#30 RoniisH

RoniisH

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:15 PM

View PostThe_Judge, on Jun 14 2008, 08:59 PM, said:

I wish some of you would read this entire thread as there are countless people now saying "I love FlyTampa but why Kai Tak"

Give me a break. These guys busted their :lol: on this scenery evidentially. If you work it out, 9Dragons was released roughly 5 months ago, meaning that FlyTampa would have already been slaving away for over 9 months to create their scenery, so they wouldn't have known about 9dragons efforts, but if you want to continue using their freeware scenery, be my guest. Nobody is forcing you too buy their scenery, but from what we have seen in the past, this isn't going to be your run of the mill scenery. As mentioned above, the work they would have put into it would have been too much to just scrap the project. Manchester already has a great scenery for it.

I say instead of bashing FlyTampa we need to be thankful that they are still around, as they are the number 1 scenery developers in the FS community. I personally can't wait to fly into there on Vatsim :lol:
Perhaps so, but the airport has still been closed for years...

#31 CaptainTim

CaptainTim

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

View PostRoniisH, on Jun 14 2008, 08:15 PM, said:

Your point being?

#32 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:55 PM

It looks fantastic.

However, what is the point?!? To take screenshots?! No thanks...

#33 Cortez

Cortez

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:56 PM

View PostThe_Judge, on Jun 14 2008, 11:59 AM, said:

I can agree with you on that. I realized that after I read the whole topic "14 months of work"
Now I can't say it's stupid, cause they couldn't do anything about it. Not their fault, but still even if 9Dragons didn't release a freeware, I still think they could have done another airport.

View Postlpf20011, on Jun 14 2008, 12:32 PM, said:

Your point being?

His point being, it's closed.

#34 JG1324

JG1324

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:59 PM

View PostCortez, on Jun 14 2008, 03:56 PM, said:

View Postlpf20011, on Jun 14 2008, 12:32 PM, said:

Your point being?

His point being, it's closed.
Half the planes you see flying on vatsim and what not are out of service i.e. Concorde..and you see people flying them. So what if its Closed. Its still an airport. I've talked to many Controllers on Vatsim. You can still fly into Kai Tak on Vatsim. So whats the point? If it has a runway, planes are going to land there. I don't know why people are making such a big :lol: deal out of an airport that a company that has worked hard on. FlyTampa makes good Quality airports and there still extremely Frame Rate Friendly. At least there making a Scenery at all with all this worthless feedback.

Just my 2 Cents.

Edited by JG1324, 14 June 2008 - 03:02 PM.

#35 Salem

Salem

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:09 PM

That's quality as always, although I personally would have been more than happy if they had worked on porting their current FS9 products into FSX, unless that would take extreme work(like almost starting from scratch or something).

#36 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

View PostJG1324, on Jun 14 2008, 02:59 PM, said:

I don't know why people are making such a big :lol: deal out of an airport that a company that has worked hard on.

I'm not complaining. I'm simply stating why I won't be purchasing this product, because it certainly isn't required of me.

#37 cyvr

cyvr

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

Disappointed with choice of Airport but so happy that the city of Hong Kong will look so amazing and the FSX shots look stunning. Can't wait for this scenery to be released!

#38 flyhalf

flyhalf

Orville Reincarnate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

View Postsmonkcaptain, on Jun 14 2008, 11:12 AM, said:

View Postbigflyersmallbyer, on Jun 14 2008, 10:12 AM, said:

I don't see what this have to offer over 9dragons which is freeware.

9Dragons sucks, this looks awesome!

You babies can't just wait for their next one then, which might even be KPHL for all we know? You need it right now do you ? Right now, like this moment....?  

Jeez man enjoy it and be thankful there's people around who are making this stuff for you.  

And 9d Dragons doesn't sucks, ok. Be thankful also to Clutch Cargo for slaving away on free scenery for ungrateful people like you. There's a lot of kids in here that need to grow up fast.

Edited by flyhalf, 14 June 2008 - 07:18 PM.

#39 JG1324

JG1324

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:24 PM

Nice to see clutch liking the FT Kai Tak

Posted Image

#40 Greeney

Greeney

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:31 PM

I feel they should have done there work on a more useful airport.