#41 JTEK

JTEK

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

View PostCortez, on Jun 14 2008, 01:05 PM, said:

Wow, Fly Tampa disappointed with me with this one.
Don't get me wrong, this scenery is amazing but why Kai Tak?

Uh huh.

That's exactly what I said about FlyTampa's TNCM.  "Why St. Maarten? Geez. Cutesy beach approach, but.... who cares?"

Many moons later, I still find myself marvelling at it and flying to the area all the time. :lol:

Guaranteed this will be FlyTampa's Magnum Opus... they'll do a justice to Kai Tak that no one every thought possible.

#42 Delare

Delare

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

View PostJTEK, on Jun 15 2008, 03:53 AM, said:

View PostCortez, on Jun 14 2008, 01:05 PM, said:

Wow, Fly Tampa disappointed with me with this one.
Don't get me wrong, this scenery is amazing but why Kai Tak?

Uh huh.

That's exactly what I said about FlyTampa's TNCM.  "Why St. Maarten? Geez. Cutesy beach approach, but.... who cares?"

Many moons later, I still find myself marvelling at it and flying to the area all the time. :lol:

Guaranteed this will be FlyTampa's Magnum Opus... they'll do a justice to Kai Tak that no one every thought possible.
Well St. Maarten is still in use, unlike Kai Tak.

#43 Aviator999

Aviator999

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:23 PM

I can't believe all this negativity over what will likely be the most awesome scenery add on in the history of FS. Kai Tak is legendary. Who cares if it is closed, it doesn't have to be closed in your sim. If you prefer the new airport or your sim world has to be 100 percent like the real world fine. I for one find myself flying into Kai Tak a lot more than Chek Lap Kok even though I have great sceneries for both of them installed. Notihing like flying that Igs 13 in a heavy. 9 Dragons is excellent but this will take Kai Tak and Hong Kong to another level.

Regards, Carlos :lol:

#44 The_Judge

The_Judge

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

To be frank, I find the only attribute limiting my usage of Kai Tak within my FS World is the scenery. This will clearly fill that void and I will most likely be setting up a virtual vacation home there :lol:

#45 Greeney

Greeney

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

View PostAviator999, on Jun 14 2008, 10:23 PM, said:

I can't believe all this negativity over what will likely be the most awesome scenery add on in the history of FS. Kai Tak is legendary. Who cares if it is closed, it doesn't have to be closed in your sim. If you prefer the new airport or your sim world has to be 100 percent like the real world fine. I for one find myself flying into Kai Tak a lot more than Chek Lap Kok even though I have great sceneries for both of them installed. Notihing like flying that Igs 13 in a heavy. 9 Dragons is excellent but this will take Kai Tak and Hong Kong to another level.

Why fly somewhere that is closed...

#46 Noble.

Noble.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:43 PM

I would have much preferred them to do something obsecure; like and Airport in South-Africa, South America or similar. Even more so, and Airfield which isn't closed.

#47 flyhalf

flyhalf

Orville Reincarnate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

View PostGreeney, on Jun 14 2008, 11:40 PM, said:

Why don't you actually READthe quote you just quoted.

#48 Greeney

Greeney

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

View Postflyhalf, on Jun 14 2008, 11:51 PM, said:

Because I honestly don't care what he wrote.

Edited by Greeney, 14 June 2008 - 10:54 PM.

#49 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:05 PM

View PostGreeney, on Jun 14 2008, 10:54 PM, said:

Then why did you quote it? :lol:

Looks like Flytampa is trying to bring back the past eh? :hrmm: I can't wait for this, Kai Tak has got to have one of the most challenging and dangerous approaches in this world. I guess thats what makes it so special :hrmm:

#50 Greeney

Greeney

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:30 PM

View PostDonovan., on Jun 15 2008, 12:05 AM, said:

View PostGreeney, on Jun 14 2008, 10:54 PM, said:

Then why did you quote it? :lol:

Looks like Flytampa is trying to bring back the past eh? :hrmm: I can't wait for this, Kai Tak has got to have one of the most challenging and dangerous approaches in this world. I guess thats what makes it so special :hrmm:

It was quicker than scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page to hit reply.

#51 mistahimaskwa

mistahimaskwa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:47 PM

I understand a lot of people are disappointed because after this long wait, they find out FlyTampa is doing something that's already been done. I would've been more happy with a new scenery too (like JFK, or YSSY)

However, I'm a big kai tak fan and knowing FlyTampa's track record, this is a must-have   :lol:

#52 The_Judge

The_Judge

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:52 PM

View Postmistahimaskwa, on Jun 14 2008, 11:47 PM, said:

I would've been more happy with a new scenery too like JFK

FSDreamTeam is releasing KJFK the 4th of July. Looks terrific.

#53 mistahimaskwa

mistahimaskwa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:56 PM

View PostThe_Judge, on Jun 15 2008, 12:52 AM, said:

looks awesome  :lol:
I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make JFK  :lol:

#54 Flightsimulatorpilot

Flightsimulatorpilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:41 AM

View PostThe_Judge, on Jun 15 2008, 12:52 AM, said:

It won't be released on the 4th of July. They changed the estimated release date to somewhere around August.

#55 The_Judge

The_Judge

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:47 AM

source?

#56 Flightsimulatorpilot

Flightsimulatorpilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:05 AM

View PostThe_Judge, on Jun 15 2008, 01:47 AM, said:

source?

http://www.fsdreamte...msg4860#msg4860

virtuali said:

Maybe 4th of July was too optimistic, but it will be during the summer for sure, probably some time in the first half of August. JFK is far too important to left something out, so we like to do it properly.

http://www.fsdreamte...msg4746#msg4746

virtuali said:

Jokes apart, we might well release it before August, but perhaps 4th of July was too optimistic, since the airport is huge, and we keep discovering new buildings every day, to be added on the to-do list.

Edited by Flightsimulatorpilot, 15 June 2008 - 01:06 AM.

#57 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:13 AM

I don't feel like pointing any fingers at FlyTampa. If they feel a scenery of Kai Tak will be profitable enough to offset their time, effort, and resources in creating the scenery - by all means, go for it! It would probably be last on my list, next to Ice Base Antarctica, but that is clearly up to FlyTampa. By that logic I am not really disappointed at all.

View PostJG1324, on Jun 14 2008, 03:59 PM, said:

Half the planes you see flying on vatsim and what not are out of service i.e. Concorde..and you see people flying them. So what if its Closed. Its still an airport.

Excuse me while I fly my Captain Sim Space Shuttle into Denver Stapleton...

Edited by Duke, 15 June 2008 - 02:13 AM.

#58 Jet_A_FuelGuy

Jet_A_FuelGuy

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:16 AM

This is actually the 10th anniversary of Kai Tak closing down and I wonder if FlyTampa would be corny enough to release it on the exact day in July (approx 1 month) of when it closed down!

FSW has a fairly young demography but Kai Tak is legendary.

#59 MidasTouch

MidasTouch

formerly firezemissiles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:40 AM

Kai Tak is one of those airports that everyone has heard about. Its famous the world over; so why would FT do some obscure airport like I don't know, SCEL instead of Kai Tak? For every one person who is against their latest development, there will be another one or more person(s) for it. There's no pleasing everyone!

#60 Reckoner

Reckoner

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:14 AM

It looks phenomenal, while i'm not likely to fly scheduled flights to Kai Tak, I'd be happy just to fly touch and go's in what looks like what i'd like FS11 to be graphically, I can see why they decided to do Kai Tak, they're very talented developers and they seem to enjoy their work so much, and i think nothing would provide that kind of satisfaction like developing and designing Kai Tak, let's hope it's not gonna be pricy though  :lol:  .

Quick thought : wouldn't it be nice if flytampa took over all the scenery designs in all FS world? hire them M$!!!

Edited by Jaded Burst, 15 June 2008 - 04:19 AM.