- - - - -

United Virtual Airlines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#41 Callum Riseley

Callum Riseley

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

I think he deserves credited, he's managed to ignore the haters and stuck to hid original plan despite everybodys posts. No everybody has the mental strength to do that  :lol:

#42 Jacob-UVA-CEO

Jacob-UVA-CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

Was that supposed to go to be callum?

#43 Dj Vision - Kris

Dj Vision - Kris

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

View PostCallum Riseley, on Jun 30 2008, 07:55 PM, said:

I think he deserves credited, he's managed to ignore the haters and stuck to hid original plan despite everybodys posts. No everybody has the mental strength to do that  :lol:

I relate to this I fully understand :lol:

#44 Cortez

Cortez

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

View PostJacobUVACEO, on Jun 29 2008, 09:03 PM, said:

Im Not going to stop my VA. Why would I. I love United and its not United Virtual Its not UAL its UVA United Virtual Alliance Airways not airlines or anything tottaly different. Only reason im using the united plane is because webmaster is on vacation with new textures and such. didn't get to post it yet

United-Virtual is already referred as UVA by many, just a different meaning.

View PostMatt Man, on Jun 29 2008, 10:19 PM, said:

just out of curiosity but isnt that banner of yours the picture on the home page on united-virtual.com?

Yes, he actually went to www.united-virtual.com and took the picture. (just copy and paste the picture)
Don't believe me?
http://jacobceo.trip...uilderpictures/uvasummer3.jpg

United-Virtual
http://united-virtua...ges/pagemaster/UVASummer3.JPG

I know your a good guy, but honestly this VA has some TOUGH competition.
You have 16 members you said, how many of those will actually be active though?
You can have 150 members for all I care, and I bet about 9 of those 150 would be active.

I mean, I credit you for trying and continuing to fight but....well I think I've made my point

Edited by Cortez, 30 June 2008 - 06:07 PM.

#45 Jacob-UVA-CEO

Jacob-UVA-CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:30 PM

Thanks...alot guys.

#46 Matt Man

Matt Man

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

View PostJacobUVACEO, on Jun 30 2008, 09:30 PM, said:

Thanks...alot guys.
im guessing that was sarcastic?? am i right?

Anyways... Your going to need alot of help.. this is by no way a one man job..

#47 Jacob-UVA-CEO

Jacob-UVA-CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:53 AM

YEAH I MADE MY FINAL DESCION AFTER READING ALL THESE NICE RESPONDS AND TALKING WITH MY STAFF WE AGREED AND WERE SHUTTING DOWN FULLY! CLOSING FULL OPERATIONS AND MAYBE START ONE OUT LATER WITH A NEW NAME AND EVERYTHING AND ALL NEW STAFF KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR A POST FROM ME. I MIGHT BE STARTING ONE IN LATE SEPTEMBER JUST HAVE TO SEE MAYBE WILL CALL IT FAMOUSJAY AIRLINES. IDK LOL GIVE SUGGESTIONS

Edited by JacobUVACEO, 01 July 2008 - 12:54 AM.

#48 Trongod82

Trongod82

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:58 AM

Jacob, I wouldn't take everything said here to heart.  If you really want to complete this project, complete it and ignore those who don't want to help.  You sounded like you had a good plan.  My suggestion is take yourself out of the public eye for a while, and press on with your ideas.  While you may choose not to carry over the same name, much of the hard work you put in can still be used.  Either way, goot luck in your future endeavours.

Edited by TronGod82, 01 July 2008 - 12:58 AM.

#49 Jacob-UVA-CEO

Jacob-UVA-CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:17 AM

This wasnt only there replies it was the inactivity and 3 really imporant staff quiting

#50 Matt Man

Matt Man

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:33 AM

View PostJacobUVACEO, on Jun 29 2008, 11:07 PM, said:

Yup I am!! Full Throttle LOL!! The only reason people are at united-virtual and been there half them are inactive and the second reason is because its VATGOV2's Airline
United Virtual Airlines Flight Operations Division (VHQFO)
Operational Statistics
Number of Active Pilots: 1,513
Flights Flown: 94,468
Hours Flown: 287,411.01

#51 The Boss.

The Boss.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:58 AM

View PostJacobUVACEO, on Jul 1 2008, 03:53 PM, said:

YEAH I MADE MY FINAL DESCION AFTER READING ALL THESE NICE RESPONDS AND TALKING WITH MY STAFF WE AGREED AND WERE SHUTTING DOWN FULLY! CLOSING FULL OPERATIONS AND MAYBE START ONE OUT LATER WITH A NEW NAME AND EVERYTHING AND ALL NEW STAFF KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR A POST FROM ME. I MIGHT BE STARTING ONE IN LATE SEPTEMBER JUST HAVE TO SEE MAYBE WILL CALL IT FAMOUSJAY AIRLINES. IDK LOL GIVE SUGGESTIONS
Turn your caps lock off.

Edited by Mul., 01 July 2008 - 09:02 AM.

#52 Navy2

Navy2

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:26 AM

I love this forum lmao.

#53 - M.Parker -

- M.Parker -

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

That is ridiculous Jacob. Who cares what everybody here says. Do you even know these people? What would you let them make these decisions for you? Yes, asking for advice is good, and taking the advise is good, but why completely shut down when you've come this far? Your going to have to work hard to get a VA up, its never easy. You might as well try it.

#54 Goose

Goose

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:09 AM

Jacob, you need to learn that this forum is full of a lot of immature brats who can't stand to see someone try and make a successful VA. They are all too lazy to make a VA of their own, but they still find the time to come and insult your VA attempts. Keep trying and don't listen to these children.

#55 - M.Parker -

- M.Parker -

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

Exactly the words I was looking for Goose! ;0

#56 JohnnyC

JohnnyC

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

Guidelines to not being "insulted" here:

Do not use images of an existing (and same company name) VA as your signature/banner
Do not use free domains, that would cause little to no attraction
Do not register multiple accounts on VATSIM just to spam your new VA in their forums
Be professional in establishing your VA, answer any questions/doubts clearly so no one is left uninformed or misinformed.
Accept criticisms and THRIVE ON THEM
CAPSLOCK = 10-13 year olds only.

good luck :lol:

Edited by JohnnyC, 01 July 2008 - 12:26 PM.

#57 LukeK

LukeK

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

View PostGoose, on Jul 1 2008, 12:09 PM, said:

Jacob, you need to learn that this forum is full of a lot of immature brats who can't stand to see someone try and make a successful VA. They are all too lazy to make a VA of their own, but they still find the time to come and insult your VA attempts. Keep trying and don't listen to these children.

Let's not get too far down this road. Contrary to your assertions, there are some of us who have built successful virtual airlines and understand what it takes to do so. We know that a static "coming soon" page and a generic forum with three posts does not constitute a successful virtual airline, it's exactly 10 minutes worth of work. When you have a database instance with a basic roster, logbook, authentication page and you've hosted your own fleet, then you're starting to actually have something that might be worth calling a Virtual Airline. Then keep it up and running for several years.

Contrary to what they might tell you in school, you're not all special and you don't all get a prize. You do not get bonus points merely for filling in your name at the top of the exam. There are a lot of people who have put in thousands of hours of time, thousands of dollars of money and a lot of passion to create something special and work at it. To take a "coming soon" page with a ripped off sig image put together by someone under suspension from VATSIM (and some VAs) and seeking to evade it with fake names, then attempt to put it in the same category as a successful virtual airline really poisons the brand and drags the rest of us down.

Go take a look at American, British Virtual, Continental (both of them), Delta, United, MetroAir or one of the other established Virtual Airlines that have been around for years and years. You don't need to duplicate them from the get-go, but you need to at least have similar features to offer to your pilots, otherwise you simply won't get any. And don't run around bragging about what features you are going to have until you have them. I don't talk about anything until I actually have some code or a clue how it's going to be implemented.

So yes, there's a ton of negativity here. I'm probably a touch too harsh because every now and then someone comes around with a clue and an idea that actually works. But the vast majority of people here simply do not have the skills or ability to create a virtual airline, and we shouldn't pretend that they do or that their meager efforts are even close. Reality is that 95% of all ventures fail. Over 99% of virtual airlines fail. It may not make you feel warm and fuzzy, but it's reality. Let's accept it.

Cheers!

Luke

#58 Jacob-UVA-CEO

Jacob-UVA-CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

That was a very good responce Luke..I Definatley know that now. Congratulations on your VA with your astonishing amount of pilots  I decided until I can fully get a full website up not copy the same VA and get everything up and running to brag and post and stuff on the forums. Thanks alot guys I really appreciate it. Especially your responces Luke. Thanks alot

Jacob
and nothing more then that.

#59 Spartan

Spartan

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

View PostNavy2, on Jul 1 2008, 09:26 AM, said:

I love this forum lmao.
Same.

#60 Jacob-UVA-CEO

Jacob-UVA-CEO

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:42 AM

No need for that. Ignore anyone that you think is trying to be a nuisance.

Edited by Mul., 10 July 2008 - 06:42 PM.