- - - - -

Just stop...with the crap VAs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
225 replies to this topic

#221 Chipper Jones

Chipper Jones

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

Wow, this forum has lots of problems with insecure people. All you guys starting flame wars need to take it to a different place. Maybe I will set up a forum where FSW members can dispute arguments. Hmm, maybe that will help the community.

#222 fredrick_thy_grt

fredrick_thy_grt

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:17 AM

Get your head out of your :hrmm: already..12 pages..holly Christ.

Posted Image

#223 Chris Doherty.

Chris Doherty.

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:34 AM

Hello, i was just reading through some of these posts and couldnt understand why anyone was slating anyone to be honest. Its kind of strayed from commenting about people making "Crap VA's" to slating anyone who has supposidly made a "Crap VA". If someone wants to create a VA i don't see the problem with it. As crap as it may be there still entitled too. If it is really that crap then they clearly won't get any pilots and it'll only be the big VA's competeing for the pilots. So whats the problem? You cant really dictate to people if they should or shouldnt make a VA, regardless of how good it is, its a little out of order in my opinion.

And if i get slated for making a completely neutral comment about it then so be it, it just shows the sheer immaturity on this forum.

#224 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:05 AM

View Postsquidge, on Jun 12 2009, 11:04 PM, said:

View PostJambone, on Jun 8 2009, 03:23 PM, said:

I'm sure in your minds you've all invested time and effort into these VAs, but seriously, if you know your skills aren't up to scratch and you cant compete with the best, don't try it...just join one of them.

The ratio of vas to pilots is ridiculous, and these silly unprofessional VAs popping up does not help, so please, give it a rest and go and join a good VA, learn PHP and try again later.

Phpvms sites apply as well, using a software in your VA does not make it amazing, you're just minimizing effort and wasting others time...

I remember when making a VA used to be challenging.  :hrmm:

Yours,
James.

why don't you stop with the stupid advice
Call me stupid and you're calling all the people who thanked me stupid...

...that's what I thought, idiot.  :hrmm:

#225 Mul.

Mul.

Contributor\First Class Member\Hardware Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,362 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:32 AM

I would suggest that you all look at the VA Forum rules once more. I did take the time to write how to plan and post press releases. I understand that many simply struggle a little at forming VA's but half of the problem lies with a lack of planning. Examine the press releases of other real world airlines, their business models and understand how they operate. Don't just create a VA name, places to fly and a fleet. It's not enough.

------------------------------------------

Posting Your Press Releases or Help Threads...

In lieu of a lot of threads that have gone wrong in the past, I would like to address a few things which will now be mandatory when posting your press releases and topics.

1. Use a sensible topic title - You want to grab the attention of the crowd to your press release but be sensible. Use good grammar and make the title self explanatory. Make sure that your thread title has [Press Release] at the beginning followed by the actual title or [Advice] if you're in need of VA based advice.

2. Post with immaculate spelling - Your thread must be as close to free from spelling errors as possible. Paragraph your press releases and use a spell checker. You're representing your hard work before a substantial number of "experts" and quite simply, a press release is the only way that others can judge who you are and how good a Virtual Airline you are.

3. Is your Virtual Airline meant to be a realistic representation of how an airline works or not? - Well, is it? Mention this in your press release and make it clear.

If your Virtual Airline is meant to be realistic, then think your Business Strategies and Objectives through. If it's a realistic airline, you want to model the planning like a tree before posting a Press Release.

Example

Name - El-Cheapo Airlines

Main Objective - Offering low cost flights to the budget conscious within Europe.

To meet this objective....

How do we offer low prices? - Low fares, therefore your expenses must be low.

What are out hypothetical initial funds? - A fleet of aircraft of a single short haul type is known to be a reliable business model for a low cost carrier. Do you realistically have funds to randomly buy a large fleet of 737-800's? Perhaps you may have better luck leasing aircraft from other airlines or buying aircraft second hand. Fleet size? A startup airline can't afford a silly amount of aircraft nor can they cope with huge scales of expansion in the short term.

This is the sort of line of thinking that you'll need to consider before you even post here. Not everyone has a brilliant business sense so naturally if you've made a bit of a mistake in your strategies involved in meeting your objective then there's no need to fret. With a bit of luck, our fine experts will give you some sound and constructive advice. This comes to my next point.

4. Take advice constructively or DO NOT bother posting at all
- Press releases combine your skills to present but also your skills with regards to Public Relations. This entails being calm, understanding, willing to listen and not lose one's temper. You do not see Sir Richard Branson bursting into tears and yelling at those who are against Virgin Atlantic's "Four Engines 4 Long Haul" strategy, despite using equipment that is inferior to the competition (case in point, Airbus A340-600 vs Boeing 777-300ER).

If you are caught not taking advice constructively, you will be warned once and your thread deleted. Further problematic threads will see you on Moderator Review where our moderating team including myself will filter your posts before they become publicly viewable.

#226 Alaska_MD-83

Alaska_MD-83

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:24 PM

View PostMul., on Jun 13 2009, 04:32 AM, said:

I would suggest that you all look at the VA Forum rules once more. I did take the time to write how to plan and post press releases. I understand that many simply struggle a little at forming VA's but half of the problem lies with a lack of planning. Examine the press releases of other real world airlines, their business models and understand how they operate. Don't just create a VA name, places to fly and a fleet. It's not enough.

Posting Your Press Releases or Help Threads...

In lieu of a lot of threads that have gone wrong in the past, I would like to address a few things which will now be mandatory when posting your press releases and topics.

1. Use a sensible topic title - You want to grab the attention of the crowd to your press release but be sensible. Use good grammar and make the title self explanatory. Make sure that your thread title has [Press Release] at the beginning followed by the actual title or [Advice] if you're in need of VA based advice.

2. Post with immaculate spelling - Your thread must be as close to free from spelling errors as possible. Paragraph your press releases and use a spell checker. You're representing your hard work before a substantial number of "experts" and quite simply, a press release is the only way that others can judge who you are and how good a Virtual Airline you are.

3. Is your Virtual Airline meant to be a realistic representation of how an airline works or not? - Well, is it? Mention this in your press release and make it clear.

If your Virtual Airline is meant to be realistic, then think your Business Strategies and Objectives through. If it's a realistic airline, you want to model the planning like a tree before posting a Press Release.

Example

Name - El-Cheapo Airlines

Main Objective - Offering low cost flights to the budget conscious within Europe.

To meet this objective....

How do we offer low prices? - Low fares, therefore your expenses must be low.

What are out hypothetical initial funds? - A fleet of aircraft of a single short haul type is known to be a reliable business model for a low cost carrier. Do you realistically have funds to randomly buy a large fleet of 737-800's? Perhaps you may have better luck leasing aircraft from other airlines or buying aircraft second hand. Fleet size? A startup airline can't afford a silly amount of aircraft nor can they cope with huge scales of expansion in the short term.

This is the sort of line of thinking that you'll need to consider before you even post here. Not everyone has a brilliant business sense so naturally if you've made a bit of a mistake in your strategies involved in meeting your objective then there's no need to fret. With a bit of luck, our fine experts will give you some sound and constructive advice. This comes to my next point.

4. Take advice constructively or DO NOT bother posting at all
- Press releases combine your skills to present but also your skills with regards to Public Relations. This entails being calm, understanding, willing to listen and not lose one's temper. You do not see Sir Richard Branson bursting into tears and yelling at those who are against Virgin Atlantic's "Four Engines 4 Long Haul" strategy, despite using equipment that is inferior to the competition (case in point, Airbus A340-600 vs Boeing 777-300ER).

If you are caught not taking advice constructively, you will be warned once and your thread deleted. Further problematic threads will see you on Moderator Review where our moderating team including myself will filter your posts before they become publicly viewable.

Moderator Review. I suggested that a long time ago...

n00bFly! follows most of those guidelines. :hrmm: