- - - - -

Just stop...with the crap VAs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
225 replies to this topic

#1 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

I'm sure in your minds you've all invested time and effort into these VAs, but seriously, if you know your skills aren't up to scratch and you cant compete with the best, don't try it...just join one of them.

The ratio of vas to pilots is ridiculous, and these silly unprofessional VAs popping up does not help, so please, give it a rest and go and join a good VA, learn PHP and try again later.

Phpvms sites apply as well, using a software in your VA does not make it amazing, you're just minimizing effort and wasting others time...

I remember when making a VA used to be challenging.  :hrmm:

Yours,
James.

Edited by Jambone, 08 June 2009 - 03:26 PM.

#2 Jamie_Lightwing

Jamie_Lightwing

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

Just woundering, is that having a little pop at me?

#3 nw757

nw757

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

View PostJamie_Lightwing, on Jun 8 2009, 03:27 PM, said:

Just woundering, is that having a little pop at me?
I would hope not. I feel you are putting much effort into Tropicana.

#4 Jamie_Lightwing

Jamie_Lightwing

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

Thanks, it was just that the topic started just after I started mine. Sorry  :hrmm:

#5 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

Haha, no Jamie..if anything I say good on you for trying php :hrmm: Keep it up mate.

The people this is aimed at know who they are :hrmm: As Paul said, this place is getting stupid lately.

#6 FlightSimmer0724

FlightSimmer0724

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:32 PM

Well said James :hrmm: kudos!

#7 Cortez

Cortez

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

I don't want to rain on your parade James, I do admire the post but people read, and thank, and agree.
But it won't stop.

#8 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

View PostCortez, on Jun 8 2009, 09:39 PM, said:

I don't want to rain on your parade James, I do admire the post but people read, and thank, and agree.
But it won't stop.
Much as I'd like to make a difference..

*shouts to Brad* hey man, can I be a VA forum moderator? :hrmm:

#9 .Sam.

.Sam.

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

I'm sure in your minds you've all invested time and effort into these VAs, but seriously, if you know your skills aren't up to scratch and you cant compete with the best, don't try it...just join one of them.

The ratio of vas to pilots is ridiculous, and these silly unprofessional VAs popping up does not help, so please, give it a rest and go and join a good VA, learn PHP and try again later.

Phpvms sites apply as well, using a software in your VA does not make it amazing, you're just minimizing effort and wasting others time...

I remember when making a VA used to be challenging. dry.gif

Yours,
James.

Woop Woop  :hrmm:

#10 RWY 15

RWY 15

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

Doesn't it just serve as an ego boost to those that actually did put in time in creating a quality VA? I say let them post. It makes me feel good about what I have.

Just offering a different perspective. Glass half full, as opposed to half empty.

#11 Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

I am waiting for all the people you are referring to, to comment or thank you on this.

#12 RyanD

RyanD

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

Is this aimed at all towards airAtlantic?

#13 JDelaney

JDelaney

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

View PostJambone, on Jun 8 2009, 04:23 PM, said:

I disagree, as long as you change the apperience of the site then it would be fine, although phpVMS does have some awesome features included in it :hrmm:

Just my 2 cents.

Apart from that though, I totally agree and there is not enough pilots to go around.

#14 roboa

roboa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

I don't want to start any arguments but everyone has to start somewhere, no? Remember things can always be built upon! And anyway, if a VA is so bad, then they simply won't get off of the ground. And I'd say to create a successful va is still a challenge. If you can't create systems and features to keep the pilots happy, then they will simply leave

#15 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:28 PM

People, stop asking if this was aimed at your VA. It was aimed at the community, and applies to all VAs, some can compete..others can't, surely you can distinguish :hrmm:

About starting somewhere...the ideal place to start would be joining a successful va, learn how works, then attempt something similar that looks good.

My main point was that there are too many. If we got rid of the appalling ones, it might be seen as less of a terrible chapter for the virtual flying community.

Edited by Jambone, 08 June 2009 - 04:28 PM.

#16 roboa

roboa

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:57 PM

About starting somewhere...the ideal place to start would be joining a successful va, learn how works, then attempt something similar that looks good

Fair point dude

Edited by roboa, 08 June 2009 - 04:57 PM.

#17 majesticair

majesticair

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:06 PM

View PostRyanD, on Jun 8 2009, 04:12 PM, said:

Is this aimed at all towards airAtlantic?

take a seat a second..

..yes.

:hrmm: joke

Edited by OneSKY - Chris, 08 June 2009 - 05:10 PM.

#18 dazwalsh

dazwalsh

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:06 PM

I agree that there is too many VA's popping up everywhere, but this means that VA's are constantly improving to keep ahead of competition and that is not a bad thing. The shite VA's are just a by product of that.

Now what i like about these forums is that when someone anounces a crap VA, rather than just making the CEO feel better by saying "thats nice, good luck" to an airline which has dog turd pasted all over the fuselage, you guys say what you think of it and for the most part suggest improvements. Those CEO's who are prepared to listen will make changes and their airlines will return for the better, those who don't rarely post again.

Edited by dazwalsh, 08 June 2009 - 05:09 PM.

#19 Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

View PostFlightSimmer0724, on Jun 8 2009, 04:32 PM, said:

Well said James :hrmm: kudos!

Not too long ago you were the type of person he is talking about

#20 N318CC

N318CC

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

View PostJambone, on Jun 8 2009, 05:28 PM, said:

People, stop asking if this was aimed at your VA. It was aimed at the community, and applies to all VAs, some can compete..others can't, surely you can distinguish :hrmm:

About starting somewhere...the ideal place to start would be joining a successful va, learn how works, then attempt something similar that looks good.

My main point was that there are too many. If we got rid of the appalling ones, it might be seen as less of a terrible chapter for the virtual flying community.

A little addition to that is to try to get a management position in one of the successful VAs.