#21 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:44 AM

View Postniteye, on Sep 28 2009, 10:36 AM, said:

What if you honestly crash on accident, what happens then? Like using FSPassengers while flying vatsim and it makes you have an emergency?

That  will depend on the controller but most of the time they don't mind you simulating an emergency. The only emergencies you aren't allowed to simulate is a hijacking and or a loss of comms.

View Postniteye, on Oct 2 2009, 07:11 AM, said:

How tolerant are they for pilots who don't speak native english and/or don't know the exact ATC procedures ?

ICAO regulates that pilots speak english as a primary language. It's been a while since I flew on VATSIM last, but I think the rules outline that. It may not matter on the unicom channel though. Knowing the ATC procedures and knowing your aircraft is a must. You can always log on as a observer and just listen to the radio.

#22 CaribbeanDynasty

CaribbeanDynasty

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:50 AM

View PostiLLuSion, on Jun 19 2009, 02:15 PM, said:

If you took off without permission on VATSIM... crashed into other planes... kept crashing over and over.... would you be suspended from their server or what?
Hey guys. I am a controller for VATSIM, and i think i might be able to shed some light on everything.

1. Pretending to be Hijacked or squawking 7500 (plane is being  hijacked squawk code) is prohibited and strictly enforced.
2. If a controller is on, and your doing that stuff mentioned in the first post, the controller will alert a supervisor with a .wallop message, and have you kicked form the server.

I don't believe you will be permanently banned. However, if you do the same thing in Unicom, where no controller will stop you from crashing into other planes.....then pilots may start complaining and have you temporarily suspended to account deletion.

View Postniteye, on Oct 2 2009, 07:11 AM, said:

How tolerant are they for pilots who don't speak native english and/or don't know the exact ATC procedures ?
This honsetly depends. the controllers SHOULD try to work with you. But, when there is a lot of traffic, the controller may not be too friendly. However, when i personally have pilots who are bad at english, I may ask them to txt directions, and this way i understand them better.

As fa as not understanding pocedures....the controller may not be to happy with that, although they should try to work with you. However, if you go to http://vatsim.net/prc/  you will find all the VATSIM training material you need :hrmm:

hope this helps to the both of you!