- - - - -

RealSky Network Press Release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

#1 Grant082000

Grant082000

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:15 PM

RealSky Network Press Release
30, June 2009
RE: NOW HIRING!

In order for RealSky to launch there are multiple staff positions that need to be filled. These positions are as follows:
-Division Directors –
-Conflict Resolution Judges

Anyone wishing to apply for the positions must E-mail Grant Adkins at the following address:
g.adkins@realskynetwork.com
Applicants should be 17 years of age or older, organized, devoted, and energetic. Please include one personal reference, and any past staff experiences on either VATSIM or IVAO in your application.

These positions will remain open until filled.

Regards,
RealSky Staff
[www dot realskynetwork dot com]

#2 FlightSimmer0724

FlightSimmer0724

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:34 PM

Wrong place to post.. This isn't a Virtual Airline. Should be posted here next time: http://www.flightsim...p?showforum=133

#3 AGuyFawkesMask

AGuyFawkesMask

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:36 PM

View PostFlightSimmer0724, on Jun 30 2009, 05:34 PM, said:

Wrong place to post.. This isn't a Virtual Airline. Should be posted here next time: http://www.flightsim...p?showforum=133
Lol. Don't worry about it. It's the closest thing to a virtual airline that I've ever seen :hrmm:

It looks pretty cool, Grant. I'll look forward to joining.

#4 ChrisMauro

ChrisMauro

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

I would give it a 5/10... there is no job descriptions and not to mention no graphics.

#5 Captain S.S

Captain S.S

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:57 PM

I like the Website.  :hrmm:

#6 SmartJet

SmartJet

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:18 AM

View PostChrisMauro, on Jun 30 2009, 08:44 PM, said:

I would give it a 5/10... there is no job descriptions and not to mention no graphics.
have you been to the website? :hrmm:

#7 Grant082000

Grant082000

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:30 AM

View PostAGuyFawkesMask, on Jun 30 2009, 07:36 PM, said:

View PostFlightSimmer0724, on Jun 30 2009, 05:34 PM, said:

Lol. Don't worry about it. It's the closest thing to a virtual airline that I've ever seen :hrmm:

It looks pretty cool, Grant. I'll look forward to joining.

View PostCaptain S.S, on Jul 1 2009, 12:57 AM, said:

I like the Website.  :hrmm:

Thanks for the encouraging words guys, surprising to see on this forum lately.  :P

#8 Dennis.

Dennis.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:14 AM

More information needs to be provided, what divisions are still open & job description?

#9 Fourtyfreak

Fourtyfreak

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:56 AM

Looks like the site is coming together nicely, nice clean look and feel. Will be better once all the pages are there and the php stops giving errors. ;-)

Also, one little question. Why did you put the dot's in you PR link? It's good to have a direct link which people can follow. People are naturally lazy in my opinion and some won't be bothered to copy, past and edit the URL to take a look. It's also really good for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) to have enabled links dotted about on forums etc. Google will inevitable find the link on a larger site like FSW first (assuming rel="nofollow" is not automatically appended) and follow it to your site. It can only be a good thing to help Google find you, surely?

EDIT: It seems like rel="nofollow" is enabled on FSW, so the above is irrelevant, but it's still handy to give potential users a direct link.

Just my 2p worth.

Paul

Edited by Fourtyfreak, 01 July 2009 - 04:59 AM.

#10 PilotCallum

PilotCallum

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:05 AM

Looks good but I can't see any networks other than Vatsim and IVAO having a chance of growing to be huge...

#11 Jamie_Lightwing

Jamie_Lightwing

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:59 AM

Are you going to have your own software or use the software already out?

#12 ChrisMauro

ChrisMauro

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:12 AM

View PostSmartJet, on Jul 1 2009, 02:18 AM, said:

View PostChrisMauro, on Jun 30 2009, 08:44 PM, said:

have you been to the website? :hrmm:

I have, I said I rated the PR 5/10. Due to the fact that there was no graphics or no job descriptions.

Edited by ChrisMauro, 01 July 2009 - 07:12 AM.

#13 ChrisMauro

ChrisMauro

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:26 AM

Just another question... what is so different about your network from VATSIM and IVAO, that would make me want to join your network? I'm not going to join some brand new network that probably will be completely inactive half the time... when I can just go to VATSIM or IVAO, just my 0.02.

#14 SmartJet

SmartJet

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

It's giving options to others to join the network if they want a more realistic feel. Yes, there is more traffic on VATSIM and IVAO, its just giving anyone the option.

#15 ChrisMauro

ChrisMauro

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

View PostSmartJet, on Jul 1 2009, 10:45 AM, said:

It's giving options to others to join the network if they want a more realistic feel. Yes, there is more traffic on VATSIM and IVAO, its just giving anyone the option.

What makes this network more realistic than VATSIM and IVAO?

#16 SmartJet

SmartJet

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:08 AM

View PostChrisMauro, on Jul 1 2009, 10:04 AM, said:

No.. My questions next... What makes your VA better than Breathe, FlyUK, AVA, UVA, SWVA, and all the others? Nothing.

#17 ChrisMauro

ChrisMauro

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:14 AM

View PostSmartJet, on Jul 1 2009, 11:08 AM, said:

No.. My questions next... What makes your VA better than Breathe, FlyUK, AVA, UVA, SWVA, and all the others? Nothing.

Westie Airways I will admit needs some work... but for one thing that is totally off-topic and for another thing, that doesn't answer my question and with an attitude like that, especially with you being part of the executive staff there, does not make me want to join.

#18 SmartJet

SmartJet

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

View PostChrisMauro, on Jul 1 2009, 10:14 AM, said:

Westie Airways I will admit needs some work... but for one thing that is totally off-topic and for another thing, that doesn't answer my question and with an attitude like that, especially with you being part of the executive staff there, does not make me want to join.
What makes me want to join westie airways?  :hrmm:

#19 ChrisMauro

ChrisMauro

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:23 AM

View PostSmartJet, on Jul 1 2009, 11:15 AM, said:

I'm not going off-topic with you. It is quite sad how you can't answer a question but instead try insulting others work... very immature.

#20 Chipper Jones

Chipper Jones

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

View PostChrisMauro, on Jul 1 2009, 10:23 AM, said:

View PostSmartJet, on Jul 1 2009, 11:15 AM, said:

I'm not going off-topic with you. It is quite sad how you can't answer a question but instead try insulting others work... very immature.
:hrmm:

(you made a va about your dog?)

Edited by Chipper Jones, 01 July 2009 - 11:15 AM.