#21 FSXman

FSXman

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

View Postbigflyersmallbyer, on Jul 13 2009, 09:58 AM, said:

I second what flyhalf said , are Captainsim covered by Navigraph?

Captain Sim is covered by Navigraph starting with the latest 0907 cycle.

#22 Jaggyroad Films

Jaggyroad Films

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:29 PM

Nice to see some of the bashing that was going on in the FS2004 area is being subsided with positive results. I love how people like to be so negative about something they haven't yet tried.

#23 FSXman

FSXman

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:41 PM

I really think that they are afraid that LD is threatened by CS and they're getting defensive.

#24 Alaska_MD-83

Alaska_MD-83

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

Level D is supported by TOPCAT and FSBuild. Even if the CS 767 simulation is as good as Level D or better it has to be supported by these programs in order to have performance data. As far as I know CS 767 is not supported by those programs. Just for informational purposes I own neither and don't plan on buying either, but my decision to purchase one would be dictated by which sim is supported by TOPCAT and FSBuild.

Edited by JET PILOT, 13 July 2009 - 11:54 PM.

#25 flyhalf

flyhalf

Orville Reincarnate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:59 AM

i don't think I'd want it anyway. The LDS is pretty much perfect. but at least we have choice which means competition!

Edited by flyhalf, 14 July 2009 - 04:01 AM.

#26 FSXman

FSXman

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:55 AM

View Postflyhalf, on Jul 14 2009, 03:59 AM, said:

i don't think I'd want it anyway. The LDS is pretty much perfect. but at least we have choice which means competition!

System wise Level D is pretty much perfect, although I find that the autopilot doesn't follow speed and planned flight path as well as Captain Sim's 767, but LD is visually not up-to-date with other new FSX releases since it is an older sim that was just ported over from FS9.

Level D is supported by TOPCAT and FSBuild. Even if the CS 767 simulation is as good as Level D or better it has to be supported by these programs in order to have performance data. As far as I know CS 767 is not supported by those programs. Just for informational purposes I own neither and don't plan on buying either, but my decision to purchase one would be dictated by which sim is supported by TOPCAT and FSBuild.

The calculations of TOPCAT and FSBuild would apply to any 767-300, you would just have to make the changes to the aircraft manually (like a real pilot), since it wouldn't connect directly with the .cfg file without some kind of mod.  I run these programs on another computer, so I always have to setup my aircraft manually anyway even with Level D.

#27 Hypofx

Hypofx

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

View Postsignmanbob, on Jul 14 2009, 07:55 AM, said:

System wise Level D is pretty much perfect, although I find that the autopilot doesn't follow speed and planned flight path as well as Captain Sim's 767, but LD is visually not up-to-date with other new FSX releases since it is an older sim that was just ported over from FS9.

The calculations of TOPCAT and FSBuild would apply to any 767-300, you would just have to make the changes to the aircraft manually (like a real pilot), since it wouldn't connect directly with the .cfg file without some kind of mod.  I run these programs on another computer, so I always have to setup my aircraft manually anyway even with Level D.

CS 767 is a nice plane, Level D is a good simulation thats it.

#28 FSXman

FSXman

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

CS 767 is a nice plane, Level D is a good simulation thats it.

Ain't that the truth  :hrmm:

#29 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

View Postdivemaster08, on Jul 12 2009, 01:18 PM, said:

Ok looks like there are still some problems it seems with the B767 from what im reading up. Same stuff that appears in the CS757!

Panels are very similar but NOT the same! There are some differences with the 767.

Some bad points i am reading up about.....

Weather Radar not included in 767 as in 757. update 1.1 will allow the CS weather Radar (separate purchase) will be implemented to allow a weather radar. Hope its implemented into the panel and not a separate pop up screen!

New update (1.1) is suppose to add more repaints and the repaint kit to allow maybe more liveries to come! (only a limited ones at the moment with this launch!)

I also see no RR version it seems to be included! Now that will suck! (especially as they say they are having a BA livery in the 1.1 update but no RRs!)

IF CS can stop what ever they are making at this moment, and just spend a little of the money they are making now and just put that little push into fixing all the bugs in the CS757 (which seem to be in the 767 also), then they will have an amazing product!
I just wish they would also edit the PFD to show the speed tape on the side and make the other screens more like the real counterpart!

Actually the PFD on the 767/757 can vary from airliner to airliner based on what the airliner wants. There are two styles; standard style EADI and speedtape EADI. With the standard style EADI the flight crew marks the reference bugs on the airspeed indicator with V1, VR (AFDS command bug is usually V2) and VF (flap retraction speed for each flap setting which on the 767 VF (flaps 15) = V2+20, so forth and so on). After rotation the AFDS command bug changes to V2+15 for a pitch target speed. LDS at least gives us the option to pick which EADI style we want to use. I'm still not particularly sold on this plane yet.

#30 FSXman

FSXman

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

If you fly completely in 2d cockpit and don't use the VC, then Level D is the way to go.
If you have TrackIR and require a fully functional and attractive VC, then Captain Sim is the way to go.
Level D was specifically designed to fly in completely in 2d and doesn't offer much for the users of TrackIR.
Captain Sim has an excellent 2d cockpit with many 2d pop-ups, but is especially strong visually and functionally in the VC.

The biggest lack that I can see in the Captain Sim version is that it doesn't have a fuel jettison panel or FO EFIS control.  These are two things that I would use if it were included and Level D does have both.

#31 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

View Postsignmanbob, on Jul 14 2009, 10:07 AM, said:

The biggest lack that I can see in the Captain Sim version is that it doesn't have a fuel jettison panel or FO EFIS control.  These are two things that I would use if it were included and Level D does have both.

Actually, the 767 meets the fuel requirements set in FAR 25.1001, so a jettison system is optional for airliners. The only time it's really needed is on long haul configs when there is fuel in the center manifold. :hrmm:

Gatta have Andre Folkers VC mod from the LDS forums though if you don't have it yet. Otherwise without those textures, LDS seems abit outdated. Other than that, functionality wise I can't see much difference between the two unless I buy the CS plane myself.

#32 Alaska_MD-83

Alaska_MD-83

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

"* - delivers interior and systems to all models except the -400."

looks like the 400 will have a T7 cockpit. Anyhow, since it is FSX, can't you pick and place the VC into the LevelD jet?

#33 FSXman

FSXman

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

Hello "Formerly THBatMan8 "  :hrmm:   It's always good to run into you.  You are a well-spring of airline information.
I was wondering about that "fuel jettison".  I would think that with all of the environmental concerns, airlines wouldn't want to be a part of dumping several tons of jet fuel into the atmosphere unless there were no other option.

Thank you, I do have Andre Folkers VC on both FS9 and FSX versions of the Level D.  It is a very nice and functional VC, but is no comparison to the VC that Captain Sim puts on his products (along with a super detailed business and economy cabin with some hot flight attendents).

Don't get me wrong, with the exception of the poor engine sounds which can easily be replaced with TSS, Level D has a great product that has held up through the years.  It's systems are its shining star and rightfully so.

Captain Sim's 767 is a more modern concept, which takes advantage of full visual features in combination with good FPS technology.  It sports great flight systems, most of which are at least equal of even maybe better than Level D, but some are not.  It is a balance of accurate flight systems with advanced FSX visual features and when you find yourself in big trouble, it does have a working cabin evacuation horn. :hrmm:

#34 Toyuko

Toyuko

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:17 PM

View PostDa Fixed Noise, on Jul 14 2009, 12:52 PM, said:

looks like the 400 will have a T7 cockpit. Anyhow, since it is FSX, can't you pick and place the VC into the LevelD jet?

Maybe they will make the T7 next?

#35 Navy_2

Navy_2

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

View PostDa Fixed Noise, on Jul 14 2009, 10:52 AM, said:

The -400 has the same interior as a T7.

#36 bigflyersmallbyer

bigflyersmallbyer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:08 PM

We probably need a real airline pilot to see whether the flight dynamics are better on the LVLD or CS...

#37 Alaska_MD-83

Alaska_MD-83

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

View Postsignmanbob, on Jul 14 2009, 08:55 AM, said:

As far as TOPCAT and cargo loding is concerned... how would you load the CS 767 in accordance with the balance of the load in TOPCAT?

#38 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

View Postbigflyersmallbyer, on Jul 14 2009, 03:08 PM, said:

We probably need a real airline pilot to see whether the flight dynamics are better on the LVLD or CS...

I agree, only flight dynamics are still limited by MSFS so no matter who the developer is, it becomes a highly tedious task of creating a FDE that's similar to it's RW counterpart. I would like to see CS or LDS make a 767 for X-Plane though.

#39 bigflyersmallbyer

bigflyersmallbyer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

View PostB763ER, on Jul 14 2009, 09:03 PM, said:

I agree, only flight dynamics are still limited by MSFS so no matter who the developer is, it becomes a highly tedious task of creating a FDE that's similar to it's RW counterpart. I would like to see CS or LDS make a 767 for X-Plane though.

Which makes me wonder why did CS even bother making a 767?

Edited by bigflyersmallbyer, 14 July 2009 - 03:16 PM.

#40 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

View Postbigflyersmallbyer, on Jul 14 2009, 04:16 PM, said:

View PostB763ER, on Jul 14 2009, 09:03 PM, said:

Which makes me wonder why did CS even bother making a 767?

I thought the same thing. LDS had their 767 out for a long time (since before FS2004 with the PIC 767) and is pretty good in dynamics considering the limitations presented by MSFS. Maybe they just wanted part of the monopoly that LDS created with the popularity of the 767 (would be similar if LDS made a 744 when PMDG already has one).