20 replies to this topic

#1 ak427

ak427

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:04 AM

Well as some of you may know, I'm getting my new PC. (Check my rig out in the "my rigs" category)

Anyways, I'll be posting some of my FSX photo's, and I was just wondering if there was a way to take multiple pictures with the print screen button... so I don't have to go back and forth between pasting the picture on Paint, go back to FSX and take another picture, etc...

Is there an alternative?

Thanks.

#2 MattGarner

MattGarner

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:20 AM

You can use a simple little application called "FSScreen." Which then saves all the screenshots into a folder and you can open them to resize, edit and so on after your flight. You can download it from: http://www.flightsim...wfile/1058.html

Edited by MattGarner, 06 December 2009 - 05:21 AM.

#3 ak427

ak427

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:41 AM

View PostMattGarner, on Dec 6 2009, 05:20 AM, said:

You can use a simple little application called "FSScreen." Which then saves all the screenshots into a folder and you can open them to resize, edit and so on after your flight. You can download it from: http://www.flightsim...wfile/1058.html

#4 _BD6_

_BD6_

June '10 Screenshot Hotshot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:52 AM

View Postak427, on Dec 6 2009, 06:41 AM, said:

I use fraps. You can take screens, record movies, etc.

#5 ak427

ak427

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:03 AM

View Postuber, on Dec 6 2009, 07:52 AM, said:

View Postak427, on Dec 6 2009, 06:41 AM, said:

I use fraps. You can take screens, record movies, etc.
Fraps has an option to take multiple pictures? Never knew that. I'll definitely be getting Fraps for video recording, but I never knew it could take multiple photo's.

Thanks for letting me know. :hrmm:

#6 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:51 AM

If you'll be using FSX, just hit the V key. It's the built in screen shotting function.

#7 ak427

ak427

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:38 PM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Dec 6 2009, 09:51 AM, said:

If you'll be using FSX, just hit the V key. It's the built in screen shotting function.
Where would the pictures be saved in? Under what directory?

#8 Guest_caaront_*

Guest_caaront_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:57 PM

View Postak427, on Dec 6 2009, 01:38 PM, said:

In your pictures folder under "Flight Simulator X Files", I think, I might have moved the folder there, if not there they may be in your Documents file, one or the other.

I set up a button on my joystick to take a screenshot when I hit it, so if I'm flying and have great scenery I can just hit the button as many times as I want.

They are .bmp which are much larger than .jpg so before you upload them you'll most likely need to convert them to .jpg, good luck with the new build.

Edited by caaront, 06 December 2009 - 12:58 PM.

#9 ak427

ak427

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:14 PM

View Postcaaront, on Dec 6 2009, 12:57 PM, said:

In your pictures folder under "Flight Simulator X Files", I think, I might have moved the folder there, if not there they may be in your Documents file, one or the other.

I set up a button on my joystick to take a screenshot when I hit it, so if I'm flying and have great scenery I can just hit the button as many times as I want.

They are .bmp which are much larger than .jpg so before you upload them you'll most likely need to convert them to .jpg, good luck with the new build.
Haha, thanks. :hrmm:

Yeah I've been waiting a veeeery long to fly, but finally will in a week or two. All my parts have been shipped except my motherboard (EVGA x58 Classified motherboard), waiting for NCIX to get some more in stock.

I hope building the computer won't be too hard. I learned a bit through reading articles and watching video's on YouTube on how to assemble a computer...

Not only that, but putting thermal paste on your CPU. I always thought putting a crap load was much better than just a little line, guess I was wrong! :hrmm:

I'm just trying to learn how to install a DVD burner/a hard drive ATM. I know how to plug it into the motherboard, and I'm assuming you plug the power cable from the hard drive to the back of the PSU I'm assuming? (just a guess)

ahhhhhhh, hopefully it doesn't take me a whole day to build this thing together.... then I gotta overclock my RAM, video card, CPU etc... very long process but I can't wait. :P

#10 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

View Postak427, on Dec 6 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

Haha, thanks. :hrmm:

Yeah I've been waiting a veeeery long to fly, but finally will in a week or two. All my parts have been shipped except my motherboard (EVGA x58 Classified motherboard), waiting for NCIX to get some more in stock.

I hope building the computer won't be too hard. I learned a bit through reading articles and watching video's on YouTube on how to assemble a computer...

Not only that, but putting thermal paste on your CPU. I always thought putting a crap load was much better than just a little line, guess I was wrong! :hrmm:

I'm just trying to learn how to install a DVD burner/a hard drive ATM. I know how to plug it into the motherboard, and I'm assuming you plug the power cable from the hard drive to the back of the PSU I'm assuming? (just a guess)

ahhhhhhh, hopefully it doesn't take me a whole day to build this thing together.... then I gotta overclock my RAM, video card, CPU etc... very long process but I can't wait. :P

Please.. if you get everything up and running, do enjoy it at stock for a while before you go trying to overclock otherwise you could be saying goodbye to your $4000 investment in no time.

#11 suddste

suddste

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:00 PM

I reccomenned ovosoft snapper

#12 ak427

ak427

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

View Postuber, on Dec 6 2009, 04:22 PM, said:

Haha, thanks. :P

ahhhhhhh, hopefully it doesn't take me a whole day to build this thing together.... then I gotta overclock my RAM, video card, CPU etc... very long process but I can't wait. ;)

Please.. if you get everything up and running, do enjoy it at stock for a while before you go trying to overclock otherwise you could be saying goodbye to your $4000 investment in no time.
Actually, I payed around $3200 (I went with NCIX, so I saved quite a bit of money!).. which I also got the Logitech G940 flight system, a Fatality gaming headset, etc... not too bad. :hrmm:

But - I thought overclocking was safe?

#13 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

View Postak427, on Dec 6 2009, 10:31 PM, said:

View Postuber, on Dec 6 2009, 04:22 PM, said:

Haha, thanks. ;)

ahhhhhhh, hopefully it doesn't take me a whole day to build this thing together.... then I gotta overclock my RAM, video card, CPU etc... very long process but I can't wait. :)

Actually, I payed around $3200 (I went with NCIX, so I saved quite a bit of money!).. which I also got the Logitech G940 flight system, a Fatality gaming headset, etc... not too bad. :P

But - I thought overclocking was safe?

Who said it was safe? When you pump more voltage into your cpu and other components, life is reduced. Put too much voltage in when you don't know what you're doing.. You can instagib your cpu in a second.

Since this is your first build, go slow - you don't want to :hrmm: it up by rushing through things.

#14 jcrouse55

jcrouse55

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:07 AM

Overclocking is (pretty) safe if you follow directions and NEVER go above allowable voltage for your CPU and you will be fine. If you have a good mobo and psu and proper cooling you probably won't even need to raise the voltage much at all.  I never even had to raise my stock voltage to get to 4.0ghz with my E8500.

You should be just fine.

#15 _BD6_

_BD6_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:31 AM

View Postjcrouse55, on Dec 8 2009, 12:07 AM, said:

Overclocking is (pretty) safe if you follow directions and NEVER go above allowable voltage for your CPU and you will be fine. If you have a good mobo and psu and proper cooling you probably won't even need to raise the voltage much at all.  I never even had to raise my stock voltage to get to 4.0ghz with my E8500.

You should be just fine.

The i7 will need tinkering with voltage if you want to see 4ghz and above.

4.0ghz at stock voltage?  :hrmm:

#16 clum

clum

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:27 AM

If you use the enb series mod then it will save a screenshot in your fs9 root directory every time you press the print screen button.

#17 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:34 AM

View Postclum, on Dec 9 2009, 08:27 AM, said:

If you use the enb series mod then it will save a screenshot in your fs9 root directory every time you press the print screen button.
Why make it so hard? :hrmm: The FSScreen utility posted earlier works even if you're not in FS.

#18 suddste

suddste

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

View Postpwn247, on Dec 9 2009, 08:34 AM, said:

Why make it so hard? :hrmm: The FSScreen utility posted earlier works even if you're not in FS.

But that just created bitmap images, which take up more filesize.

#19 clum

clum

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:42 AM

Well I think it makes i a lot easier. I already use the enb mod so theres no need for me to go installing anything else to do the job....

#20 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:30 AM

View Postsuddste, on Dec 9 2009, 08:37 AM, said:

But that just created bitmap images, which take up more filesize.
Ah yes, I forgot people were still saving to floppies.

</sarcasm>

:hrmm: