* * * * * 1 votes

Anybody wants to try that on FSX/FS2004?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 Alex_S

Alex_S

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:40 AM

I CAN'T DO IT. Not even in a BAe 146 :hrmm: Can't get the turn right, i turn too steep and end up at some crazy angle.

#82 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

View PostAlex_S, on Apr 3 2010, 09:40 AM, said:

I CAN'T DO IT. Not even in a BAe 146 :hrmm: Can't get the turn right, i turn too steep and end up at some crazy angle.

If BAE146 can handle London City airport, then it can handle BIIS airport:):hrmm::)

I do not know how to do landing on BIIS but do you think looking at BIIS chart detailing flight path will work or not?

Aharon

#83 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:53 AM

Shalom all,

Just to let you know that I used 727-200F ADV to fly from BGSF to BIIF and tried to land on runway 08 after sharp left turn.

Failed SEVEN TIMES!!!!  Always wound up crashing into mountain while in middle of sharp left turn!!!!!

I do not know if freeware BIIF scenery found on  http://www.simfly.eu/download was not realistic or not. The scenery looked exactly same as real one on real life video such as towns, ships, roads BUT the mountains did not look same to me.

Aharon

#84 ThrottleUp

ThrottleUp

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

Amazing videos really enjoyed seeing this thank you for posting!!

Anyone know of a good FSX Fokker 50?!! :hrmm:

#85 206Turbo

206Turbo

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

For those of you who are arguing how this is easily done everyday in real life with large aircraft, please go read up on aerodynamics.  Specifically, bank angle, load factor, and other performance characteristics that are critical to stalls.

#86 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

If one of those large airliners are going to land on a runway that short, it's obviously going to be light enough to do the maneuver.

Edited by Tomcats_Forever, 24 April 2010 - 03:19 PM.

#87 Chief NWA

Chief NWA

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

I got a CRJ-900 down and stopped. I slammed the QW 757 on the runway but ended up going off the end at about 35. :hrmm:

The Posky 747-400 never had a chance! :hrmm:

#88 spambot2

spambot2

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

View PostAharon, on Apr 22 2010, 08:53 AM, said:

Shalom all,

Just to let you know that I used 727-200F ADV to fly from BGSF to BIIF and tried to land on runway 08 after sharp left turn.

Failed SEVEN TIMES!!!!  Always wound up crashing into mountain while in middle of sharp left turn!!!!!

I do not know if freeware BIIF scenery found on  http://www.simfly.eu/download was not realistic or not. The scenery looked exactly same as real one on real life video such as towns, ships, roads BUT the mountains did not look same to me.

Aharon

your scenery link dosent work...

And are there any approach plates or even a vfr sectional online for the area? Im trying to fly it in the dash 7 right now lol

#89 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

View Postspambot2, on Apr 24 2010, 04:32 PM, said:

View PostAharon, on Apr 22 2010, 08:53 AM, said:

Shalom all,

freeware BIIF scenery found on  http://www.simfly.eu/download was not realistic or not. The scenery looked exactly same as real one on real life video such as towns, ships, roads BUT the mountains did not look same to me.

Aharon

your scenery link dosent work...

And are there any approach plates or even a vfr sectional online for the area? Im trying to fly it in the dash 7 right now lol

Spambot,

try www.simfly.edu and register to join the forums and then download freeware BIIS from download section of that website.

The BIIS charts are available from Vatsim Iceland website but they are not much help for landing!!!!!  It is TOTALLY manual and visual landing which is kind of landing I always do even on jumbo jets!!! But BIIS's runway 08 is totally impossible to land jet!!!

Aharon