#21 MikeMann

MikeMann

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

View PostLA_BOS, on Nov 7 2010, 04:44 PM, said:

You installed Flash, didn't you?  So what if you quickly install Silverlight?  It seems like you are getting caught up over one little thing not even related to the actual product.
I am not complaining about the product. I am complaining about how the product is presented. Yes I have flash, which almost every site (with the exception of Microsoft) uses. Why should I have to download a Microsoft wannabe to create yet more bloat on my computer?

#22 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:55 PM

View Postnet1ninja, on Nov 6 2010, 12:45 PM, said:

Maybe when you shutdown at a gate and exit the program... the next time you launch Flight, the aircraft is in the same location and state.

You can already do that...   just make "My Previous Flight" as the default flight..   "My Previous Flight" is automatically saved every time you exit the game.

View PostMikeMann, on Nov 7 2010, 08:28 PM, said:

I am not complaining about the product. I am complaining about how the product is presented. Yes I have flash, which almost every site (with the exception of Microsoft) uses. Why should I have to download a Microsoft wannabe to create yet more bloat on my computer?

You don't have to.  Of course, if you don't, you just won't be able to do certain things.  

Your statement is like, why do I have to buy gas for my car?  If you want something to work that requires another program, you're going ot have to get it, or find another program to use that uses what you already have.

#23 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Nov 7 2010, 07:22 PM, said:

Other websites actually used use Flash. :hrmm:

Forgot to proof read.  :hrmm:

#24 MikeMann

MikeMann

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

View PostTheProfessor, on Nov 7 2010, 07:55 PM, said:

Your statement is like, why do I have to buy gas for my car?

No, my statement is like, why do I have to buy x brand of gas when everyone else is using y brand!

#25 Gym_Class_Hero

Gym_Class_Hero

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

View PostMikeMann, on Nov 8 2010, 07:58 AM, said:

Microsoft for ya, they created Internet Explorer after Netscape Navigator.  They always want their own, but it ends up being crappy :hrmm:

#26 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:49 AM

View PostMikeMann, on Nov 7 2010, 10:12 PM, said:

No, my statement is like, why do I have to buy x brand of gas when everyone else is using y brand!

May I suggest you take some simple business courses?  There is and always will be competition and multiple products out there, even in the "market" of requirements for videos to be played on a website.  You just have to learn to get used to it.

Edited by LA_BOS, 08 November 2010 - 12:50 AM.

#27 MikeMann

MikeMann

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

View PostLA_BOS, on Nov 7 2010, 09:49 PM, said:

May I suggest you take some simple business courses?  There is and always will be competition and multiple products out there, even in the "market" of requirements for videos to be played on a website.  You just have to learn to get used to it.
Well I see that Microsoft has provided you with all the business savvy required to exist in a Microsoft world. Change for change's sake may represent a great business model, but it isn't the greatest from a consumer standpoint.

So if Microsoft comes out with a requirement to install "GoldLight" to watch their next video, you would gladly comply. I would suggest that they have trained you to think the Microsoft way!

#28 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:53 AM

Just a reminder: Silverlight is a Microsoft product. Netflix Instant Watch uses it. More or less, it is just like Flash, but since Microsoft makes it, they try to needlessly incorporate it into a lot of their sites.

#29 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:09 AM

View Postpwn247, on Nov 8 2010, 07:53 AM, said:

Just a reminder: Silverlight is a Microsoft product. Netflix Instant Watch uses it. More or less, it is just like Flash, but since Microsoft makes it, they try to needlessly incorporate it into a lot of their sites.

Didn't Apple want to do that at one time because of their complaint against Adobe and Flash?

#30 MikeMann

MikeMann

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

Actually; I am surprised that Microsoft did not incorporate Silverlight into the operating system like they did with Internet Explorer!

#31 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

View PostTheProfessor, on Nov 8 2010, 09:09 AM, said:

Didn't Apple want to do that at one time because of their complaint against Adobe and Flash?
Apple embraces HTML5 rather than unnecessary plugins or libraries. It makes sense because they don't allow that stuff in their App Store. Their site uses HTML5-compatible H.264 video; not Flash or Silverlight or anything like that.

Edited by pwn247, 08 November 2010 - 02:53 PM.

#32 Iain_

Iain_

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

View PostHughes-MDflyer4, on Nov 6 2010, 03:45 AM, said:

Do you ever say anything positive?

Uhh no, he doesn't.

#33 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:19 AM

View PostMikeMann, on Nov 8 2010, 06:12 AM, said:

So if Microsoft comes out with a requirement to install "GoldLight" to watch their next video, you would gladly comply. I would suggest that they have trained you to think the Microsoft way!

It depends...if it is harmless to my computer, is a requirement for something I really do want to use, and is free...I don't see why I wouldn't.  If It what required it wasn't something I really cared for using/watching, then no, I wouldn't.  But there is no point in you getting into a piss fit over a Microsoft website requiring a Microsoft plug in.

#34 MikeMann

MikeMann

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:12 AM

View PostLA_BOS, on Nov 9 2010, 11:19 PM, said:

It depends...if it is harmless to my computer
That is the big "if", and one that would be hard to answer one way or the other without a great deal of testing. Testing that Microsoft has proven time and again that it is either unable or unwilling to do.

Everyone's system is different, which is evident in the way some people (myself fortunately) never have a problem with FSX to the other extreme where people have nothing but problems with their FSX installation. I wonder how many of the FSX users with problems have systems that are bloated with these "harmless" programs.