30 replies to this topic

#1 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

Recently, not only on these forums, but other flight simulation forums as well, there have been loads of negative thoughts/comments on the upcoming Microsoft Flight. Now, lets break it down to make it all clear....

Microsoft Flight is probably in early development still. We shouldn't expect a release for around a year. Only one in-game video has been released so far -- Webisode 2. It's only a 1 minute video, but gives you a basic idea of what improvements have been made. Again it's the only video, and for everyone to judge off of that one little video is not right. Not much is shown. Just a single airport and a single plane. We have no clue what the whole world will look like, what aircraft will be included, and how much detail will be added. We need to just stop with the negative comments. No one ever asked for them and it's not helping anything. Give Flight a chance. It could succeed, or it could fail. We will have to WAIT UNTIL THE RELEASE to say negative things about it, when we can really fly it and see it for ourselves.

From what I understand, this forum is for posting updates/news, along with your ideas of what features Flight should include. Not for everyone to come and say, "Looks like FSX" or "What a waste of time." Because, who knows? It might just end up being the new FS2004 -- a huge success.

The next time you have that urge to say something negative about Flight based on the little info we have, think long and hard, "will this really help anyone and is it even necessary?"

Brandon  :hrmm:

Edited by Hughes-MDflyer4, 16 November 2010 - 11:18 PM.

#2 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

View PostHughes-MDflyer4, on Nov 16 2010, 11:14 PM, said:

Recently, not only on these forums, but other flight simulation forums as well, there have been loads of negative thoughts/comments on the upcoming Microsoft Flight. Now, lets break it down to make it all clear....

Microsoft Flight is probably in early development still. We shouldn't expect a release for around a year. Only one in-game video has been released so far -- Webisode 2. It's only a 1 minute video, but gives you a basic idea of what improvements have been made. Again it's the only video, and for everyone to judge off of that one little video is not right. Not much is shown. Just a single airport and a single plane. We have no clue what the whole world will look like, what aircraft will be included, and how much detail will be added. We need to just stop with the negative comments. No one ever asked for them and it's not helping anything. Give Flight a chance. It could succeed, or it could fail. We will have to WAIT UNTIL THE RELEASE to say negative things about it, when we can really fly it and see it for ourselves.

From what I understand, this forum is for posting updates/news, along with your ideas of what features Flight should include. Not for everyone to come and say, "Looks like FSX" or "What a waste of time." Because, who knows? It might just end up being the new FS2004 -- a huge success.

The next time you have that urge to say something negative about Flight based on the little info we have, think long and hard, "will this really help anyone and is it even necessary?"

Brandon  :hrmm:
^ Speculation.

I have based my speculations on Microsoft's history of PC gaming. Remember when Microsoft made Halo? They released Halo 2... Vista-only (nobody had Vista at the time), and then they simply stopped releasing anything.

They have neglected the PC for far too long and the firing of ACES and the pile of crap called FSX is the end result.

#3 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:26 PM

View PostHughes-MDflyer4, on Nov 16 2010, 09:14 PM, said:

That's not the point...as long as comments aren't attacking anyone, people are free to post their opinion, even if it is negative.  Don't get me wrong, I think it is too early to tell what this will be like and the only true way will be to play a demo or the full version so I'm going to hold my judgment for now and hope for the best but if someone wants to say something negative, so be it.

#4 usnchris

usnchris

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

It still blows.

#5 Janu

Janu

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:36 AM

Dude, people are entitled to their own personal opinion y'know!

#6 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:30 AM

View PostJanu, on Nov 18 2010, 03:36 AM, said:

Dude, people are entitled to their own personal opinion y'know!

True. but at this point, there's not enough info for our opinions to even matter. If/When they have a public beta or demo and post screenshots along with more info, that wold be a better time to state your opinions. Because, let's face it: we really don't know a thing about MS Flight yet.

:hrmm:

#7 MikeMann

MikeMann

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:04 AM

View PostHughes-MDflyer4, on Nov 18 2010, 06:30 AM, said:

True. but at this point, there's not enough info for our opinions to even matter. If/When they have a public beta or demo and post screenshots along with more info, that wold be a better time to state your opinions. Because, let's face it: we really don't know a thing about MS Flight yet.

:hrmm:
So why then does this site have a separate forum for Flight? Maybe you should go to FlightSim.Com who don't appear to have a forum for Microsoft Flight. If you don't like negative comments you could always join the FTX forum set up by Orbx. Negative comments are extremely rare and everyone uses adjectives like awesome, stunning, fantastic etc. etc. etc. ad nauseam!

Regards, Mike Mann

#8 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

View PostMikeMann, on Nov 18 2010, 11:04 AM, said:

So why then does this site have a separate forum for Flight? Maybe you should go to FlightSim.Com who don't appear to have a forum for Microsoft Flight. If you don't like negative comments you could always join the FTX forum set up by Orbx. Negative comments are extremely rare and everyone uses adjectives like awesome, stunning, fantastic etc. etc. etc. ad nauseam!

Regards, Mike Mann

Wow. New guy lit up the night sky like Thor.  :hrmm:

Posted Image

I don't care for it based on what I know so far, but then again, I haven't played it yet so who am I to judge?

#9 fsxnate

fsxnate

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

looking at all these comments about Flight and the opinions and points of view........eh :hrmm:  ever see that scene from the Ninja Turtles movies when Leonardo and Raphael are arguing, Donatello looks at one and goes "he's right", then the other "he's right", then says "their both right".

I kinda feel like that right now :hrmm: .  I'm holding hopes for it, but it could go either way that's for sure.

btw, another person in some other forum brought up a good point they said "so what if it looks almost identical to flight simulator x, if it includes SLI ability, proper multi threading, phsyx, basically uses all the new technology nicely, then its a success"  or something like that.  That's a really good point, that I would have to agree with.

#10 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

View Postpwn247, on Nov 17 2010, 07:51 PM, said:

They have neglected the PC for far too long and the firing of ACES and the pile of crap called FSX is the end result.

That seems to be the norm now. The devs want everyone to buy consoles.

#11 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 18 2010, 02:40 PM, said:

That seems to be the norm now. The devs want everyone to buy consoles.
They get more money.

Windows 7 OEM = $110
Video game = $60
Profit = $170

Xbox 360 = $200
Video game = $60
Profit = $260

#12 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

View Postpwn247, on Nov 18 2010, 12:49 PM, said:

They get more money.

Windows 7 OEM = $110
Video game = $60
Profit = $170
Xbox 360 = $200
Video game = $60
Profit = $260

Somebody should help you learn the difference between revenue and profit!

#13 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:19 PM

View Postfsxnate, on Nov 18 2010, 02:39 PM, said:

looking at all these comments about Flight and the opinions and points of view........eh :hrmm:  ever see that scene from the Ninja Turtles movies when Leonardo and Raphael are arguing, Donatello looks at one and goes "he's right", then the other "he's right", then says "their both right".

I kinda feel like that right now :hrmm: .  I'm holding hopes for it, but it could go either way that's for sure.

btw, another person in some other forum brought up a good point they said "so what if it looks almost identical to flight simulator x, if it includes SLI ability, proper multi threading, phsyx, basically uses all the new technology nicely, then its a success"  or something like that.  That's a really good point, that I would have to agree with.

What the ef are you talking about? o.O Yes, I get it, I just don't get how it correlates

#14 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

View Postscavers, on Nov 18 2010, 03:14 PM, said:

Somebody should help you learn the difference between revenue and profit!
:hrmm: Sorry about that. Just trying to keep things simple. I took marketing, I am ashamed at myself.

#15 fsxnate

fsxnate

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

View PostFalcon01, on Nov 18 2010, 03:19 PM, said:

What the ef are you talking about? o.O Yes, I get it, I just don't get how it correlates

I meant was all these people are right, you have the right to argue or voice your opinion, I also get where the starter of this thread is coming from, since it's early to judge, I also get where someone else said their doing it based on speculation of Microsoft's history, so we are all right, hence the quote, he's right he's right their both right.  In this case we are all right. :hrmm:

#16 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

Here's the dealio. X-Plane 10 will come out in like a month. People will fall in love. Everyone buys it.

nobody will want to switch to Flight when it comes out. THE END

#17 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

View PostPeter797, on Nov 18 2010, 01:50 PM, said:

Here's the dealio. X-Plane 10 will come out in like a month. People will fall in love. Everyone buys it.

Not necessarily. People choose between FSX and X-Plane 9 for their own personal reasons. I choose FSX and FS9 over X-Plane for my own reasons. We will see what the results are with Flight and X-Plane 10 WHEN they are released. We will not make such comments as to what people will buy until the sims are actually released.

#18 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:02 AM

View PostHughes-MDflyer4, on Nov 18 2010, 06:30 AM, said:

:P
With the irony being you posting your opinion about the opinions the simming community have about Microsoft Flight.

View PostPeter797, on Nov 18 2010, 01:50 PM, said:

Meanwhile in 2006 and 2007...

"DUDES! nVidia released some stellar graphics cards! They blow ATi outta the water!"

A year later, ATi released cards that rivaled nVidia and ran somewhat cooler and quieter.

Meanwhile in 2005...

"Intel :hrmm: sucks! They can't make jack :hrmm: worth of a processor. I'm going to be with AMD till I die."

A year later, Intel introduced dual core processors. Better known as the Intel Core 2 Duo line. Since then, Intel has held the market lead and continues to make major strides by innovating great components to remain the industry leader.

Edited by SwitchFX, 19 November 2010 - 04:06 AM.

#19 Gym_Class_Hero

Gym_Class_Hero

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

View PostHughes-MDflyer4, on Nov 17 2010, 09:44 AM, said:

Because, who knows? It might just end up being the new FS2004 -- a huge success.

What do you mean? :hrmm: http://web.archive.o.../...mments&id=9

FS 2004 IS LOUSY. ASIDE FROM BETTER WEATHER, WHO WANTS TO FLYMOST OF THE ADDITIONAL AIRPLANES-JUNKERS,WRIGHT,ETC.
FRAME RATES ARE TERRIBLE WHEN COMPARED WITH FS2002 PRO ED. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY.

View PostSwitchFX, on Nov 19 2010, 02:32 PM, said:

Meanwhile in 2006 and 2007...

"DUDES! nVidia released some stellar graphics cards! They blow ATi outta the water!"
A year later, ATi released cards that rivaled nVidia and ran somewhat cooler and quieter.

Thank goodness ATi came back to life after that ridiculous R600 release! :hrmm:

#20 MikeMann

MikeMann

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

View Post___, on Nov 19 2010, 08:19 AM, said:

What do you mean? :hrmm: [url=http://web.archive.org/web/20030812180522/www.fs2004.com
Great site, thank you.
I like the one that goes:

FS2004 is a great disappointment to the Fs2002. The weather is fantastic and that is all. The Fs2002 with all downloads of aircraft and scenery makes FS2004 look like Fs2000. I guess we now have to pay for more addons or wait till there are downloads. :upset:

Regards, Mike Mann