6 replies to this topic

#1 shamupilot

shamupilot

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hey guys, so I'm pretty behind the Aviation news and found out about American's new livery...just wanted to see what you guys thought of it:

http://blog.seattlep...irlines-livery/

Posted Image

#2 flare

flare

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

I love the tail and logo, can't say I like the grey though.

#3 Iain_

Iain_

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Is this your design or what? I'm confused.

#4 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

So...what's in the article is the actual livery. Where on earth did you get the random design posted here from? Did you even look at the link you posted? :lol:

FYI: http://www.flightsim...als-new-livery/

#5 franthree

franthree

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

New AA livery is not so hot! :hrmm: I understand the need for "change" but meh! At least the classic "silver" AA fuselage could have been retained!

#6 UnitedGuy

UnitedGuy

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

View Postfranthree, on 30 January 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

New AA livery is not so hot! :hrmm: I understand the need for "change" but meh! At least the classic "silver" AA fuselage could have been retained!

I like the classic bare metal as well. However, they would have had to make a new livery anyway, given the fact that bare metal wouldn't work so well on the new composite planes (787s and what not) they have on order. I wasn't a super big fan of the new livery at first glance. But, I'm growing to like it even more with each passing day :)

#7 shamupilot

shamupilot

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostLA_PHX, on 30 January 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

So...what's in the article is the actual livery. Where on earth did you get the random design posted here from? Did you even look at the link you posted? :lol:

FYI: http://www.flightsim...als-new-livery/

The livery I just looked it up on Google and got the image lol, and my apologies Iain, but that's not my design, that's the newest design from an artis rendition.

View Postfranthree, on 30 January 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Agreed

View PostUnitedGuy, on 30 January 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

I like the classic bare metal as well. However, they would have had to make a new livery anyway, given the fact that bare metal wouldn't work so well on the new composite planes (787s and what not) they have on order. I wasn't a super big fan of the new livery at first glance. But, I'm growing to like it even more with each passing day :)

Agreed

Edited by Jetset, 31 January 2013 - 02:14 PM.