- - - - -

Using a generic Game Pad as controller ?

gamepad joystick thumbsticks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gazinbali

gazinbali

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hi

Recently l bought a Generic USB Game controller as pictured here.

http://goo.gl/SZOsT

I can get the buttons to register ok in the settings for Joystick.. but not the two switchable
Digtal/Analog thumbsticks.

However .. they do definately work in the  Calibrate section...

The left thumbstick moves the X axis.. the Right one is for Z.. But as yet I cant see them doing anything in FSx

My computer is desktop with 2 gigs ram.. Windows 7 32 bit. no special graphics cards or other stuff.

I installed the drivers supplied with the Gamepad.

If someone could tell me how to get it working in Flight Sim X  that would be great.

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks

Gazinbali

Edited by gazinbali, 10 February 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#2 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Check with the controller manufacturer. They may advise you to create a custom profile to be used, though they may not carry support for the title.

#3 FSX_Gamer

FSX_Gamer

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

Hmm, try to reconfigure in FSX or use Xpadder or similar programs, but even if it works, it's not designed for FSX or any other flight simulators. Not even the XBOX360 Controller. I advise you to buy a cheap joystick (if you don't have yet) which, in FSX, works much better than the best gamepad ever. If your budget is under $40, I advise the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, which I also use and works properly as an entry level joystick, although I might either buy rudder pedals or change to a better joystick 1-1.5 years from now. Do not buy the Logitech Attack 3 or other joystick without twist rudder control unless you have rudder pedals. If you still want to use your gamepad, then you can ask a professional flightsimmer who use a gamepad.

Also tagged with gamepad, joystick, thumbsticks