1 reply to this topic

#1 Caribou007

Caribou007

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Hello FlightSimWorld!  My joystick is a MS SideWinder Precision Pro USB, and it's just slightly loose when centered.  The default deadzone is just slightly smaller than the loose area, and so I sometimes provide flight input when I don't want to.

I would like to configure the Windows default deadzone for my joystick.  The Windows joystick configuration utility doesn't seem to give me control over that.  In fact, I don't like how the Windows joystick configuration utility doesn't give me direct control over the configuration variables and I'd like to have direct control over all configuration variables.

I'm sure this is a topic that been discussed for decades by flight sim enthusiasts and I would be extremely surprised if no one had already written a program to configure all possible variables for one's joystick.  I also imagine that the relevant Windows registry keys have been discovered by now.  However, my googling hasn't turned up any obvious answers, and I've only run into dead ends.

#2 AlexKitch

AlexKitch

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

I don't know the answer to your question specifically, but I'm fairly sure that FSUIPC is capable of doing this

Edited by AlexKitch, 04 February 2014 - 07:55 AM.

Also tagged with joystick, deadzone, configuration, registry, settings, windows