- - - - -

September 2004 Screenshot Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is the best screenshot (scroll down to see this month's entries)? (118 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the best screenshot (scroll down to see this month's entries)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#81 Anthony

Anthony

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:07 PM

Byron, on Sep 9 2004, 07:39 AM, said:

Jon, on Sep 9 2004, 03:00 AM, said:

G-BSCA, on Sep 5 2004, 02:41 PM, said:

Just wondering along the lines of what IWBAP said, are image-editing programs alowwed to make shots a smaller filesize? Might have to try that if it is in the next screenshot contest  :o

G-BSCA
Yes, resizing is accepted if absolutely necessary to stay within the 800x600 size limit AND changes to the image are not visible (excessive antialiasing, extra crispness, etc).  Our goal with the monthly screenshot contest is to showcase screenshots that are as close as possible to the originals as possible.

If Byron disagrees with this statement I will retract it. :o
I agree 110% with the statement.  :o
wnaa go for 111%?  :D

#82 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 11:09 PM

~ COCHISE ~, on Sep 9 2004, 07:07 PM, said:

Byron, on Sep 9 2004, 07:39 AM, said:

Jon, on Sep 9 2004, 03:00 AM, said:

G-BSCA, on Sep 5 2004, 02:41 PM, said:

Just wondering along the lines of what IWBAP said, are image-editing programs alowwed to make shots a smaller filesize? Might have to try that if it is in the next screenshot contest  :o

G-BSCA
Yes, resizing is accepted if absolutely necessary to stay within the 800x600 size limit AND changes to the image are not visible (excessive antialiasing, extra crispness, etc).  Our goal with the monthly screenshot contest is to showcase screenshots that are as close as possible to the originals as possible.

If Byron disagrees with this statement I will retract it. :o
I agree 110% with the statement.  B)
wnaa go for 111%?  :D
Why not 200%? :o

#83 Jon

Jon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:11 PM

Congratulations elvisonit, the September 2004 Screenshot Hotshot!  You'll be emailed soon about your prize. :D  Special mention goes to our second and third place winners, Fsimfan and air_transat.  Great job this month everybody!

A special unscheduled contest is starting IMMEDIATELY - the 2004 Screenshot of the Year Contest!  Be sure to vote.  Sorry elvisonit, your shot will have to wait until next year's annual contest. :o

Thanks everybody for participating!

Jon