- - - - -

June 2005 Screenshot Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should win the June contest? (167 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should win the June contest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#81 Byron

Byron

Contributor\First Class Member\Screenshot Contest Host

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:07 PM

I really don't see what the complaints are all about. Some think some shots are edited, most think they're not. Some don't see acrobatic manuevers, most do.

How do I judge? If there is no clear evidence that a shot has been edited or does not comply with the rules, and I am pretty sure I can tell when it is or when it does not, I tend to give the author the benefit of the doubt. Simple as that.

mad68, on Jun 8 2005, 02:20 PM, said:

Ps. It's not only one person, that complains about some shots this month. Maybe the admins shouldn't only think about, how to censor the posts, but also what is the reason for this high incidence of complaining. It can't be jealousy, since some of the people who complained, have made very nice shots in the past. including me.

Like some members have said before, if someone has a question regarding the entries they are free to drop me PM and I will thoroughly explain why a shot made it into the contest. The fact that I did not recieve a single PM is bit ironic, isn't it then? There seems to be enough time for a few particular members to make post with complaints, but not a PM? To send a PM is the rule after all.

As for the reason of the "high incidence of complaining", I don't know. Maybe ignorancy?  Some thought entry #5 was edited and it turned out to be that there was used just a simple add-on. Same goes for for #14. There are so many sunsets available with FSW2004 or another add-on for that matter. False accusations without knowing the facts. All these things may be an influence to the way of voting and causing the author to loose votes for nothing.

Sadly, we are forced to introduce a new system next month in order to keep the contest arguement-free, wich we would rather not do of course. Brad, Jon and I tolerate a lot, but there is a limit. The limit has been exceeded.

That being said, I'd like to mention that this month contest is going to be a close race. It will be a photo-finish if you ask me... :D  :D

#82 Trent.

Trent.

formerly Esuvee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:50 PM

14 took the vote for me.

That is some WICKED scenery going on...awesome colors..love the shot!

This way by FAR the hardest screenshot competition I had to vote in...soo many great shots! :D

#83 Rahul

Rahul

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:43 PM

Hey mods, I got 2 suggestions for you'll. First one you'll probably didn't notice when I stated it earlier.

1) (When you'll perform the next site upgrade) Once the contest (any contest) is on, keep something similar to the counter on the main forum page which will link to the first page of the contest in progress. I'm sure it will help in increasing the number of voters.

2) Don't display comments to a user unless he/she has voted or has forfeited their vote or a person who is not eligible to vote. I'm pretty sure other people's comments do influence at times the shot a certain person votes for.

#84 Byron

Byron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:48 AM

Rahul, on Jun 9 2005, 01:43 AM, said:

Hey mods, I got 2 suggestions for you'll. First one you'll probably didn't notice when I stated it earlier.

1) (When you'll perform the next site upgrade) Once the contest (any contest) is on, keep something similar to the counter on the main forum page which will link to the first page of the contest in progress. I'm sure it will help in increasing the number of voters.

2) Don't display comments to a user unless he/she has voted or has forfeited their vote or a person who is not eligible to vote. I'm pretty sure other people's comments do influence at times the shot a certain person votes for.
1 - We have done that in the past several times. We probably forgot to do it the last months. It will be there next month again.   :D

2 - I do not know if the board will allow that option, but we will see what's possible and what's not. As for now, we'll stay with the coming system of screening the posts before they get displayed.

Thanks for the suggestions!

By the way, one more day of voting guys!  :D

#85 SamGuest

SamGuest

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 05:41 PM

What time does this finish?  :D You say tommorow, but in what time zone? :D

#86 Ridge

Ridge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:34 PM

I voted No.6 because of the colors, but especially the hawt angle!

#87 kewlceo

kewlceo

Download Manager\Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:29 PM

Ridge, on Jun 9 2005, 07:34 PM, said:

I voted No.6 because of the colors, but especially the hawt angle!

Posted ImagePosted Image
:D  :D :D   :P Posted Image :D  :D  :o  :D

Congratulations, Ridge, your vote just put this contest in the FS2004.com history books as having the most votes ever. The next closest was the yearly SS contest.

#88 Adam4848

Adam4848

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:00 PM

Number 1 just stood out to me and its so colorful :D

#89 rak

rak

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:58 PM

Both 5 and 14 are truely amazing. :D
but 14 finally got my vote.I really love the color!
ps:how can i get that sky color?

Edited by rak, 10 June 2005 - 12:04 AM.

#90 Byron

Byron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:35 AM

rak, on Jun 10 2005, 06:58 AM, said:

ps:how can i get that sky color?
Most likely one of the sunset textures from FS Skyworld 2004 available at avsim.com.

Samguest, on Jun 10 2005, 12:41 AM, said:

What time does this finish? :D You say tommorow, but in what time zone? :D
11.00 PM GMT.

#91 mad68

mad68

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:34 AM

Finally!

If #12 will make it, I'm the luckiest man on fs2004.com!  :D  :D  :D

No, it's not my shot, but the author has deserve it!

#92 kewlceo

kewlceo

Download Manager\Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:41 AM

mad68, on Jun 10 2005, 08:34 AM, said:

Finally!

If #12 will make it, I'm the luckiest man on fs2004.com!  :D  :P  :D

No, it's not my shot, but the author has deserve it!
Looks like we both voted for the same shot. Peace on earth, and goodwill to all men.

kewlceo, on Jun 3 2005, 12:35 PM, said:

This was exceptionally tough because my heart :D was telling me to vote for the VA shots, which were awesome, but in the end I thought #12 deserved my vote this month. Good work guys, and best of luck to all of you! :D
:D

Edited by kewlceo, 10 June 2005 - 10:43 AM.

#93 StephenD

StephenD

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:54 AM

Indeed. #12 to win! :D

#94 Jon

Jon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:05 AM

I have reduced the count for #12 by two due to cheating (not by the author of the shot).  This does not (currently) change the outcome of the contest.  One account has been banned (not anyone you know).  Please note that every month we run a detailed check on all the votes and IP addresses in the screenshot contest.  If you you have ever cheated and voted twice for the same shot we have probably noticed, but we generally take action only if the shot voted for has any chance of winning.  Luckily, cheating is a very rare occurance.  If someone creates an extra account to vote in the contest that is grounds for permanent suspension from FS2004.com.  To those who don't cheat, thank you!

This is the closest race we've ever had, and the most voted for.  Good luck to the authors of #12 and #14, and may the best shot win! :D

Jon

#95 Byron

Byron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:00 PM

And the winner is:

Samguest

Congratulations! Honorable mentions go to Freeman and Windowseat. Great job everyone!

Many thanks again to Just Flight for sponsoring our contest for the second time. :D

Thanks everyone for voting and see you next month.