125 replies to this topic

#121 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

You don't gotta worry about it, I know you didn't do it, I knew you where just talking about someone with that mentality, but the fact still remains the same..  people who pay to build flight time that requires a major increase in responsibilities is a fool and shouldn't be flying.  I don't buy the "someone's gotta do it" thought process either.  If no one did it, they would have to PAY someone to do it.  That's their business model, they don't make much money off of passengers, they make most of it from the f/o's who have to pay them.  Those guys are the cockroaches of the industry..  my above reply though wasn't directed at you, just at people who would do what you mentioned.

#122 HighFlyin

HighFlyin

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

View PostHarryS_Truman, on Aug 24 2011, 11:33 AM, said:

You don't gotta worry about it, I know you didn't do it, I knew you where just talking about someone with that mentality, but the fact still remains the same..  people who pay to build flight time that requires a major increase in responsibilities is a fool and shouldn't be flying.  I don't buy the "someone's gotta do it" thought process either.  If no one did it, they would have to PAY someone to do it.  That's their business model, they don't make much money off of passengers, they make most of it from the f/o's who have to pay them.  Those guys are the cockroaches of the industry..  my above reply though wasn't directed at you, just at people who would do what you mentioned.

Keyword in there is IF someones GOING to do it. Anyway, glad we're on the same page. We good?

#123 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

View PostHighFlyin, on Aug 24 2011, 10:12 AM, said:

Keyword in there is IF someones GOING to do it. Anyway, glad we're on the same page. We good?

I'm on page 7..  you? :hrmm:

#124 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

View PostNidhal, on Aug 22 2011, 05:34 AM, said:

good luck, are you going for oxford?

It is a choice if i can save the funds yes :hrmm:

#125 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

View PostPattyboy10, on Aug 24 2011, 05:43 AM, said:

Tax ... :hrmm:

I take home $60K +, but must admit thats because company pays taxes. Add that living out here is really cheap, I am a happy boy
Even here in the US, if you can't live with 60k take home then there's something you're not doing right.

#126 HighFlyin

HighFlyin

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

View PostHarryS_Truman, on Aug 24 2011, 12:23 PM, said:

I'm on page 7..  you? :hrmm:

Postin on page 7 too brotha  B)