120 replies to this topic

#41 ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:35 PM

Yes thats the way I did it too. By the way, there were 2 entries for NVidia when i removed them with the Driver Cleaner. Did you clean them both ?

#42 767Lover

767Lover

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:41 PM

mmjm85, on Sep 26 2005, 01:35 PM, said:

Yes thats the way I did it too. By the way, there were 2 entries for NVidia when i removed them with the Driver Cleaner. Did you clean them both ?
Oh ! Maybe you're right I only deleted the first one ...
I'm gonna try it later :D

#43 incentive

incentive

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:17 PM

just installed this driver and choose geforce fx as i have the 5950ultra and now i don't get any pictures of the planes in create a flight ,just a black box and when i click ok after selecting what plane, the wholes screen goes black untill its loaded up

sommat weird there

#44 johnpc

johnpc

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:27 PM

incentive, on Sep 26 2005, 09:17 PM, said:

just installed this driver and choose geforce fx as i have the 5950ultra and now i don't get any pictures of the planes in create a flight ,just a black box and when i click ok after selecting what plane, the wholes screen goes black untill its loaded up

sommat weird there
I had this sometimes with my old DNA drivers. Try using them with default settings, then try changing the values in the nVidia control panel ONE BY ONE. Go to performance and quality settings and click for advanced settings. You don't need to exit FS as the changes should be instant. Just use ALT+TAB to exit FS temporarily to the desktop. You should find a setting to cure the problem.

I found that especially on the AA/AF settings you sometimes need to activate then deactivate the in-game (FS9) AA to get them to work. I don't know why  :D

The problem of sudden low frames I mentioned yesterday seems to be an FS9 problem-it goes back up to normal by activating/deactivating FS9 AA.  :D This has happen all the time I've been using FS9 so it's not these drivers. Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT:

Me and Kev are taking a pause now to do some good flying. We'll be checking in every now and again to see what's happening with these drivers on different rigs so keep sending them in.

Great to see how many people have read this topic - my PC's burning at the numbers!

Edited by johnpc, 26 September 2005 - 02:40 PM.

#45 ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:08 PM

Yeah I have also observed that the aircraft not appearing in the selection box has something to do with the AA/AF settings in the GFx cards. You need to fiddle around those settings till you are happy with it.

Its juat awesome to fly around now with really good FPS, and AI spotting is a total hoot !!

#46 kevinti

kevinti

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:18 PM

incentive, on Sep 26 2005, 02:17 PM, said:

sommat weird there
OK.

If you are using in-game's AA, disable it first.

If you are uisng the driver's AA, check the x factor. How many AAx you have selected? Not quite sure about fx card, but in most card, setting the driver's AA to more than 4x (eg. 6x or 8x) would cause the "black" screen in selected aircraft window.

So, set the driver's AA to not more than 4x to see wheter it solve the problem. :D

#47 CSHoffie

CSHoffie

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

What driver version should I DL? I'm using some of the old Omega 44.03 drivers. I heard the 44.03 driver was the best performer for my old card (GeForce MX-420).

#48 rabbitweasel

rabbitweasel

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:41 PM

I just noticed this topic and decided to update my nvidia drivers from my 77.77 and WOW! I upped my 3Dmark05 score from 5139 up to 5539 *posted*. It also improves my framerates in fs9 of course too. These drivers are great and in my opinion are better than the offical nvidia drivers.

#49 b757

b757

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

Sorry to say, but those are the worst drivers I have ever installed. I uninstalled it just like it told me to, and did everything correctly, went in to FS, said there was no hardware acceleration, and tried to fly; 11 fps. I was ticked b/c I heard it was soooo good. Now I have to go and get something b/c I have bad graphics. Its not your fault, I just was dissapointed b/c I guess it does not work on 64-bit.

#50 Carter

Carter

Passenger

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:57 PM

b757, on Oct 2 2005, 03:33 PM, said:

Sorry to say, but those are the worst drivers I have ever installed. ..  Its not your fault, I just was dissapointed b/c I guess it does not work on 64-bit.
How does installing the drivers on the wrong platform make them the worst drivers you've ever installed? You put them on the wrong platform, that's not the drivers fault.

Everyone else, They're good drivers, I'm impressed!

#51 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:55 PM

kevinti, on Sep 26 2005, 08:18 PM, said:

If you are using in-game's AA, disable it first.

If you are uisng the driver's AA, check the x factor. How many AAx you have selected? Not quite sure about fx card, but in most card, setting the driver's AA to more than 4x (eg. 6x or 8x) would cause the "black" screen in selected aircraft window.

So, set the driver's AA to not more than 4x to see wheter it solve the problem. :D
I tried that... and I still have the dreaded black box.. which for some reason angers me tremendously...

#52 Paramedic

Paramedic

formerly mxc2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:17 PM

I have the same black box, and I get problems with the ground dialog in the LDS 767.

#53 kevinti

kevinti

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:12 AM

IMHO, the 78.03 series and above seems to see black in certain fx card and guess what . . even the new 7800 card! So, don't get too dissapointed about it! I'm sure the next few drivers would solve the problem! :D

The next must-try driver would be the XG 81.82 that had yet to be released! I'm running on the FW 81.82 now and it's already another WOW for me! I'm sure the XG tweaked one would be another hit  :D

Edited by kevinti, 03 October 2005 - 03:31 AM.

#54 kevinti

kevinti

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:13 AM

b757, on Oct 2 2005, 06:33 PM, said:

Sorry to say, but those are the worst drivers I have ever installed. I uninstalled it just like it told me to, and did everything correctly, went in to FS, said there was no hardware acceleration, and tried to fly; 11 fps. I was ticked b/c I heard it was soooo good. Now I have to go and get something b/c I have bad graphics. Its not your fault, I just was dissapointed b/c I guess it does not work on 64-bit.
Did you installed the correct bit version? There are 2 version, one for 32-bit and the other is 64-bit! :D

#55 kevinti

kevinti

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:17 AM

rabbitweasel, on Oct 2 2005, 04:41 PM, said:

I just noticed this topic and decided to update my nvidia drivers from my 77.77 and WOW! I upped my 3Dmark05 score from 5139 up to 5539 *posted*. It also improves my framerates in fs9 of course too. These drivers are great and in my opinion are better than the offical nvidia drivers.
Welcome to the WOW club! In the driver "market", XG has the reputation to produce some great dirvers, and 78.03 is one of their latest product! :D

Xg driver is always better than original driver because it is excellently tweaked!  :D

#56 ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:55 AM

kevinti, on Oct 3 2005, 03:12 AM, said:

IMHO, the 78.03 series and above seems to see black in certain fx card and guess what . . even the new 7800 card! So, don't get too dissapointed about it! I'm sure the next few drivers would solve the problem! :D

The next must-try driver would be the XG 81.82 that had yet to be released! I'm running on the FW 81.82 now and it's already another WOW for me! I'm sure the XG tweaked one would be another hit  :D
These 81.82 drivers work on the GeForce 5200 as well ??

#57 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:00 AM

Can we expect a new and even better driver soon? :D

Edited by Duramus, 03 October 2005 - 10:00 AM.

#58 kevinti

kevinti

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:57 AM

Well, FW 81.82 work great generally in all espects of desktoping and gaming and it actually produced the best 3DMark05 benchmark compare to 78.03, 78.05, but as far as my fs2004 is concerned, I still prefer xg78.03-Hd for the best and most stable FPS in fs2004 on my machine! (As you can see, I had swtiched back after 2 days of trail run on fw 81.82)

So, it has really come to a time that no one really knows how well these different drivers perform on each individual card and machine except trying it out by yourself!  :)

At the moment fw8182 is good on most cards and machine as far as the feedback is concerned, but again, as I said, it reacts differently to individual! What I have to say is try it out and see how it goes :)

The highest scored card in benchmark does not nessecerry give you the best performance in game with reference to your card and machine! That's is the case of fw 81.82 for me  :D

Cheers! :D

Edited by kevinti, 03 October 2005 - 11:26 AM.

#59 kevinti

kevinti

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:27 PM

Just share a nice repaint on Malaysia Airlines Heliconia Lively by Mike Pearson! Wonderful B777-200!

Posted Image

#60 johnpc

johnpc

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:09 PM

Quote Kevinti:

The highest scored card in benchmark does not nessecerry give you the best performance in game with reference to your card and machine! That's is the case of fw 81.82 for me 

Well Kevinti has gone back to XTreme 78.03 HD V1 after testing other drivers and found these to be the best.

I've stuck to them for a few days now after finding the V2 not suitable for my card. One other thing that is important is to check the driver/display settings not only for quality and performance but also for RAM use.

I noticed that by setting the driver AF to 2x gave an extra 100Mb free ram during the game; showing about 300Mb free. Any other settings resulted in <200Mb free RAM causing stuttering and hold ups while Cacheman XP freed up memory, especially on final!

There was no effect (good/bad) on the quality otherwise. So I'd advise everyone to 'tweak' their system to get the most of the drivers. This also applies to those who are having problems such as the black screen syndrome!