#661 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

View PostSwitchFX, on Aug 15 2008, 06:11 PM, said:

Pins aren't timed, and it isn't easy to "accidentally" unpin a topic.

So it's never happened before? Really, come on, be rational.

#662 Folgers

Folgers

formerly Douglas Buis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:57 PM

View PostDuke, on Aug 17 2008, 09:52 PM, said:

View PostSwitchFX, on Aug 15 2008, 06:11 PM, said:

So it's never happened before? Really, come on, be rational.
NEVAR!   YARGH Matey!

#663 tropicalfish

tropicalfish

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,935 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

View PostSwitchFX, on Aug 15 2008, 05:11 PM, said:

You can set a thread to be pinned for a certain amount of time??

At least with phpBB that is...

#664 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:04 AM

I think its safe to say Bert is never coming back, regardless of what has happened to him since the accident. He has moved on and I could only hope that his love for flying (whether real time or virtual) hasnt stopped because thats one thing we all have in common around here. But I don't think hes coming back, hes moved on and thats final. Its been a long time since 2005 and his return in 2006 only lasted so short. Now itll be 3 and a half years since he faded from this forum. Sad loss but hey, its life.

#665 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:37 AM

View Postmohammad, on Aug 19 2008, 04:34 PM, said:

I think its safe to say Bert is never coming back, regardless of what has happened to him since the accident. He has moved on and I could only hope that his love for flying (whether real time or virtual) hasnt stopped because thats one thing we all have in common around here. But I don't think hes coming back, hes moved on and thats final. Its been a long time since 2005 and his return in 2006 only lasted so short. Now itll be 3 and a half years since he faded from this forum. Sad loss but hey, its life.

Yea, I agree with you, you meet nice people in life but then one day they just move away, soon you get over it.

But if he does come back on the other hand :hrmm:

#666 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:09 AM

^Time changes everything, as they say. I do want those good days back but its been so long that I can no longer "miss" those days anymore. Its been so long since weve had Captain around but Ill never forget the days when we flew online together. I wish they return but if they don't then at least I have memories about it.
Captain was a very mature person, the likes of Mango, kewlceo, etc. We need more people like him around here but sadly it seems hes gone.
And yeah, if he does come back then... :hrmm: :hrmm: :lol:

#667 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:56 AM

View Postmohammad, on Aug 19 2008, 05:39 PM, said:

^Time changes everything, as they say. I do want those good days back but its been so long that I can no longer "miss" those days anymore. Its been so long since weve had Captain around but Ill never forget the days when we flew online together. I wish they return but if they don't then at least I have memories about it.
Captain was a very mature person, the likes of Mango, kewlceo, etc. We need more people like him around here but sadly it seems hes gone.
And yeah, if he does come back then... :hrmm: :hrmm: :lol:

You are good at elaborating small sentences. :yes: I could use your help for some things. :lol:

#668 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

Along with what Ian said - could it be safe to assume that givent he extent of his recovery - there simply isn't time to post on this forum?  C'mon guys - bigger fish to fry

Edited by scavers, 30 August 2008 - 11:14 AM.

#669 usnchris

usnchris

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:30 PM

View Postscavers, on Aug 30 2008, 12:14 PM, said:

Along with what Ian said - could it be safe to assume that givent he extent of his recovery - there simply isn't time to post on this forum?  C'mon guys - bigger fish to fry

He would most likely be recovered after 2 years.....or at least recovered enough to be un-hospitalized, and be able to pop by the forums to say hello.

Edited by cfschris, 30 August 2008 - 10:31 PM.

#670 Folgers

Folgers

formerly Douglas Buis

• Members
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:38 PM

View Postcfschris, on Aug 30 2008, 11:30 PM, said:

He would most likely be recovered after 2 years.....or at least recovered enough to be un-hospitalized, and be able to pop by the forums to say hello.
:hrmm:  Once a person has a stroke, it's common for them to have many more, which hinder and set back alot of recovery and memory.

#671 usnchris

usnchris

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:53 PM

View PostGodfather Doug, on Aug 30 2008, 11:38 PM, said:

:hrmm:  Once a person has a stroke, it's common for them to have many more, which hinder and set back alot of recovery and memory.

But I thought he just got in some kind of car accident?

#672 tropicalfish

tropicalfish

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,935 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

Sadly he lost his right leg and suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage because of this accident. Since the accident he is in a coma and the doctors can't say if or when he will recover from this.

#673 Folgers

Folgers

formerly Douglas Buis

• Members
  • 10,762 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:57 PM

View Postcfschris, on Aug 30 2008, 11:53 PM, said:

View PostGodfather Doug, on Aug 30 2008, 11:38 PM, said:

But I thought he just got in some kind of car accident?
A small concussion is even cause for worry, he had about 4x worse.  He had cerebral hemoragign, which is very serious at the time, but once it's suppressed it becomes less of a worry as it heals.  The overall health of the brain is another concern, as it can lead to stroke, it could be a side-running problem with a stroke, or a stroke could happen all it's own.  Unfortunately, when a stroke happens, it opens up possibilities for more.

#674 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:47 AM

^Bump - Yeah youre right, unfortunately. As we've seen over the past 3 years (since September 2005), Bert's condition was fluctuating from bad to good, to bad again, to good again, etc. You either fight through it for at least 4-6 years before reducing risks by around 90% or something terrible happens to you which might be fatal. I don't know, maybe hes moved on, maybe his conditions got worse, or maybe he passed away. Lets not throw out any possibilities because it has been a year since Annabelle last spoke to us, and its better if we prepare for the worst.

#675 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:38 AM

2008 is almost over... 3 more months to go, been years, I think as Mo said, it's better to be mentally prepared.

#676 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

When you see this topic one day, in 2008, read the first page, and then jump to the last, it seems like you've taken a trip through time....  :hrmm: A very odd feeling to say the least.

I hope all went well... And he could always come back... :hrmm: BTW, anyone know his FSW name?

#677 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

View PostBuizel-411 (RED), on Sep 28 2008, 05:36 PM, said:

BTW, anyone know his FSW name?

Captain?

#678 ahm19

ahm19

Passenger

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:29 PM

Peace be with him.

#679 fluffy

fluffy

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

Unfortunately, I feel it's time that this thread was unpinned. Thoughts to the family, but I have to go with Mohammad.

#680 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

View PostGod, on Oct 20 2008, 01:51 AM, said:

Unfortunately, I feel it's time that this thread was unpinned. Thoughts to the family, but I have to go with Mohammad.

I disagree, lets remember him by keeping it here. For all too see and remember him.

Deepest Regards,

Robbie