22 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:59 PM

Well, this is the problem. I am busy creating a fantastic scenery for MYNN.

Here is the problem,

Posted Image

:D

Yup, that is the default terminal. I WANNA GET RID OF IT!

I have tried over and over and over and over excluding this area, but it doesnt work. I exclude the entire terminal, restart FS but its still there!

Whats wrong?

#2 Panhead

Panhead

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:15 PM

what program are you using to do the exclude? I use either EXC Builder or FSSC to make an exclude. Also, is the .bgl file in the correct folder? if not then that could be your problem.

Chris

Oh yeah, good luck with the scenery, it looks pretty good so far. Its ok that you couldn't do X39, i have my own scenery anyways, im thinking about making an update for it though.

Edited by cmfs2004, 25 April 2006 - 08:17 PM.

#3 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:19 PM

Thanks Chris, again I'm sorry about your scenery...

It is EXC Builder I'm using, and ya, the right folder is bein used..

#4 Panhead

Panhead

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:43 PM

Its ok Jon, atleast you tries you best.

Now, back on topic... Have you tried FSSC? FSSC LINK You can make exculdes and flattens and alot more with it. Try it if you want, i use it and its pretty good.

Chris

ps.could you send me the files that you had for the X39 scenery? i would like to see if i can modify them a little to make an actual scenery :D

#5 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:10 PM

Thanks.. but I would rather use EXC.. I am not willing to have to learn a new program :D

Unless you could give me a quick lesson on how to export scenery, excludes, placement, latitude.. etc... Placing objects that I have saved (Macros)

#6 Panhead

Panhead

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:27 PM

ok, well...

this place could sure help you out >>click here<< i have seen some of your post's here so i know you already have an account there.

Its reakky not that hard, just go in there and you find you way through it pretty easily.

Chris

ps.if you want to keep using EZXC Builder then try making the exclude zone a litte bigger, it might be too small to get the entire building :D

#7 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:55 PM

Mr. Schutte, on Apr 25 2006, 10:10 PM, said:

Thanks.. but I would rather use EXC.. I am not willing to have to learn a new program :D

Unless you could give me a quick lesson on how to export scenery, excludes, placement, latitude.. etc... Placing objects that I have saved (Macros)
Just write the XML code yourself and drag-and-drop it on bglcomp.exe, then move it into your airport's scenery folder.

My Exclusion Tutorial

Just copy/paste the code in that tutorial into a WordPad document, name it, change the data to reflect your airport and the coordinates of your exclusion zone, save it, and drag-and-drop it.  bglcomp.exe will compile the XML into a BGL scenery file that you can use.  You'll need two points -- the northwestern most point of the building and the southeastern most point of the building.

#8 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:31 AM

hmm.. thanks Sarge and Chris.

I have now downloaded FSSC.

How do u create a flatten, mine is greyed out.

I don't quite understand how you export the scenery.. I tried creating the tutorial island, but I think you need a flatten for it to show in the game.. If you don't then there is a problem with exportin it. Ne ideas/advice?

#9 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:08 PM

anyone?

#10 Panhead

Panhead

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:29 PM

Wish i could help but i got nothin... sorry. Did you try Sarge's way?

Chris

#11 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

Well, I might try Sarges way later, but I am really into FSSC now. It may be a very useful tool.

I just need a good tutorial, with some troubleshooting.

Why isnt my scenery loading?
How do I make a flatten?
How do I export>?

#12 Panhead

Panhead

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:46 PM

Well im glad that you have added another very useful program to your knowledge base. There is a very good tutorial for creating an entire airport with FSSC only... lemme see if i can find it.

Chris

http://www.scenery.org/tutorials.htm here, its the 6th part down :D and the 2nd tutorial.

Edited by cmfs2004, 27 April 2006 - 04:49 PM.

#13 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:00 PM

Mr. Schutte, on Apr 27 2006, 05:30 PM, said:

Well, I might try Sarges way later, but I am really into FSSC now. It may be a very useful tool.

I just need a good tutorial, with some troubleshooting.

Why isnt my scenery loading?
How do I make a flatten?
How do I export>?
1.  Know that anything you do in FSSC (designed for FS2002, but "most" of it works with FS2004) will be a value-layered presentation.  The AFCAD display is a non-valued-layered presentation, so if FSSC and AFCAD use the same field elevation, the FSSC presentation will override your AFCAD runways, taxiways, and ramps.  You may have to give FSSC a field elevation that is between 0.2 and 1.5 feet LOWER than the actual field elevation to let the AFCAD stuff show up.  Not a problem, unless you leave the paved (AFCAD) surface -- then you'll notice your aircraft "drop" to the lower elevation FSSC is using and "bounce" up when moving from the FSSC display to the AFCAD paved surfaces.

2.  In FSSC, I think it's under Edit on the top toolbar, there is a Scenery Properties clickable .... you need to load the airport data (from AFCAD's data) into the pop-up that appears, to establish your airport in FSSC.  The data you will need is lat/lon (and you have to convert it from AFCAD/FS9 dd:mm.mmmm to dd:mm:ss.ssss format), field elevation, magnetic variation, length of your airport area, and width of your airport area.  With that established, your Flatten tag should be available.  Also, once you've established your airport data in FSSC, you may have to zoom out to see the area that FSSC defined for the airport area (should come up as a gray box with a gray circle in the middle -- that's the same as AFCAD's pink dot to identify the airport reference point).

3.  DO NOT use FSSC for navaids and comm frequencies.  It works fine in FS2002, but completely garbages your FS2004 design with navaids placed 90-degrees out of alignment and comm frequencies all over the place.  Use AFCAD to set those up and DO NOT repeat them in FSSC.

4.  Even though your airport may not be laid out north-south/east-west, your Exclusion Zones in FSSC will be north-south/east-west rectangles.  You'll have to exclude a tad bit more than the actual area you want the exclude to cover.  Also, DO NOT make an exclusion that covers the airport reference point .... that will exclude EVERYTHING in the airport area including objects you place in FSSC.  If you need exclusions near the ARP, you will have to make several AROUND it.

5.  FSSC flatten areas can have more than the three points that are initially displayed; just click on one of the lines between point and a new point will be added.  You can drag-and-drop those points anywhere you want.

6.  If you use FSSC to place objects, be VERY CAREFUL about how many objects you load in.  FSSC results in FS9 loading every single polygon you place -- one object at 50 polygons placed 10 times means FS9 loads up 500 polygons even though it's the same 50 polygons 10x over.  Do that enough and either your framerates are going to drop to single-digits real quick or you're going to loose quality somewhere as FS9 grabs as many system resources as it can to render the display.

7.  FSSC is SCASM-based; and no one is sure if FS X (due out in 7 months, hopefully) will recognize the SCASM command structure.  Whatever you design with FSSC for FS9 may or may not be transportable into FS X.

That's why I went strictly to XML .....

#14 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:03 PM

Thanks Sarge, I'll certainly give that a go.

About XML, I thourhgt I heard something about the ability to curve runways..

Can you shine any light on that?

#15 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:52 PM

Mr. Schutte, on Apr 27 2006, 07:03 PM, said:

Thanks Sarge, I'll certainly give that a go.

About XML, I thourhgt I heard something about the ability to curve runways..

Can you shine any light on that?
Curves or undulations -- not with XML .... and even if you could, it wouldn't work in FS9.  Microsoft thinks the world is a series of either flat or irregular surfaces; and runways are (to them) always flat surfaces, one elevation for the length of the runway, displaced threshholds, and overruns.  Look at TCY's project .... that's the only way I'm aware of to do irregular surfaces -- the entire airport in GMAX where you can layer irregular surfaces with a continuous runway texture.

#16 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:42 PM

I C.. well here's the latest update from myself.

I have given up on FSSC, its taking too long.

I have tried to create an XML code;

Posted Image

But;

Posted Image

The default is still there! And I try to drag and drop the code over the BGL compiler, but the BGL doesnt show up... :lol:

Sir Sarge, do you think you could create an exclusion of MYNN terminal ONLY, for me please?

In your own time :D

#17 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:28 PM

Take the minus sign out of this line

longitudeMaximum="W-77 28.1723"
and switch your longitude entries.  Your latitudes are entered correctly, but you have the longitudes reversed.  It's BOTTOM latitude, TOP latitude, TOP longitude, BOTTOM longitude.  Just did it and it compiled perfectly.

(Don't go by the designators "minimum" and "maximum" -- they're refering to something different from largest/smallest.  Remember:  lat first, lon second, in the order BOTTOM TOP TOP BOTTOM.)

Edited by sarge, 28 April 2006 - 10:29 PM.

#18 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:48 PM

A little black blox comes up.. like a command box for a fraction of a second when I place the Notepad document over the bgl compiler.

I believe it says Error in compiling, what should I do?

#19 Mr. Schutte

Mr. Schutte

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 11:12 PM

Nevermind.

Final update for tonight.

Posted Image

Thanks, I'll start objects and stuff tomorrow :D

#20 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:00 AM

Mr. Schutte, on Apr 29 2006, 12:12 AM, said:

Thanks, I'll start objects and stuff tomorrow :lol:
:D
Like I state in the tutorial, when writing XML everything has to be PERFECT or bglcomp.exe will do absolutely nothing with it.  Not just the data that you enter, but every space, ever punctuation mark .... absolutely perfect.  Now that you've got the first one under your belt, you'll be cranking out exclusions in 1 - 2 minutes each.

Same thing when writing flattens (see other tutorial), except you drag-and-drop onto SCASM instead of the bglcomp.exe file.  So far, there's no XML for a flatten zone that bglcomp.exe will recognize.  Sure hope FS X recognizes all of the SCASM commands or it's bye-bye flatten zone unless you want to add an entry to the scenery.cfg file.  Then you have to deal with the limit on the number of flattens you can have per world area.   :lol:

Amost forgot -- you CAN do more than one exclusion zone per XML that you write.  Just keep repeating everything with the new data, beginning with <Exclusion Rectangle and ending with </FSData>.  Two, three, six, a dozen -- no limit as long as they're in the same airport area.