74 replies to this topic

#1 Frujinator

Frujinator

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:08 AM

I saw the trailer for this movie, and thier was one seen showing an A320 taking off, purpotedly it is supposed to be the United 757, but as always, looks like the directors don't care about accuracy.

I just think its ridiculous not to be able to get the video of the actual aircraft, oh come on.

#2 tony_gib

tony_gib

Private Pilot - IFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:51 AM

yes i've seen an online trailer but can't wait to see the movie those poor people died to save their country and in pride they did so too its real bad that the ###### terrorists died happy people!

when Flight 93 is in a cinema near you WATCH IT never forget 9/11 and the tradegies that followed

peace out

gibpilot

#3 RoniisH

RoniisH

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:01 AM

Actually it's called Flight 93, not united 93 :D

#4 SargeJr3

SargeJr3

Gallery Manager

• Gallery Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,067 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:04 AM

I saw it, I want to go see it, some call it morbid, but I think it is right that somebody shows us what sacrafices these men and women took for their collegues and country.

#5 CAT19_Hitman

CAT19_Hitman

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,970 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 12:53 PM

Frujinator, on Apr 28 2006, 02:08 AM, said:

I just think its ridiculous not to be able to get the video of the actual aircraft, oh come on.
I agree. I have seen that happen in so many movies.

As far as the Flight 93 movie is concerned, I think they should have made a movie dealing with all  the events of that day.

Anyway, I imagine there will be alot of tears shed in the movie theatres when it comes out.

#6 Frujinator

Frujinator

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:31 PM

NO I am talking about UNITED 93, not flight 93 from A & E.

I know hte movie is sad and very emotional, but the directors could have made it as accurate as possible with the technology they have now.

#7 Martel

Martel

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 02:28 PM

tony_gib, on Apr 28 2006, 07:51 AM, said:

yes i've seen an online trailer but can't wait to see the movie those poor people died to save their country and in pride they did so too its real bad that the ###### terrorists died happy people!

peace out

gibpilot
They did not save their country.

As far as sacrifices go, I bet, if you gave everyone onboard Flight 93 the choice as to whether or not they wanted to be on that flight, knowing they would die that way.
You would end up with an empty plane.

A sacrifice to me, is when you "willingly choose" to give up something for the sake of others.  Like those that are abroad fighting for our safety today.
The passengers onboard Flight 93 did not choose to make that sacrifice, they had no choice.

They did do a great deed in preventing the terrorists from reaching their target though.

#8 Sphagnum

Sphagnum

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:48 PM

experimental_pilot, on Apr 28 2006, 12:28 PM, said:

peace out

gibpilot

As far as sacrifices go, I bet, if you gave everyone onboard Flight 93 the choice as to whether or not they wanted to be on that flight, knowing they would die that way.

A sacrifice to me, is when you "willingly choose" to give up something for the sake of others.  Like those that are abroad fighting for our safety today.
The passengers onboard Flight 93 did not choose to make that sacrifice, they had no choice.

They did do a great deed in preventing the terrorists from reaching their target though.
You're a moron.  They did willingly choose to stand up and risk (and eventually give) their lives.  They made a huge sacrifice...  No, they were not looking for it, but that is what makes it all the more heroic. THey were just normal Americans who sacrificed their lives for others.

Very few heros in history have gone LOOKING to give their life away....

#9 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:54 PM

A sacrifice to me, is when you "willingly choose" to give up something for the sake of others.  Like those that are abroad fighting for our safety today.

Fact is, the passengers could have just sat in their seats and whimpered, but the made the CHOICE to fight back.

What would YOU have done in that situation?

Edited by Zarquen, 28 April 2006 - 04:55 PM.

#10 Visionary

Visionary

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:57 PM

Of course it sounds better to say that they sacrificed their lives to save others. In trying to save their lives, they died, which ultimately stopped other from dying.

Atleast they gave the terrorists a run for their money, which i'm sure they weren't expecting. A ###### of a lot better than sitting there waiting to die

:D

#11 KVNY

KVNY

formerly tallboy2000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:59 PM

Sphagnum, on Apr 28 2006, 02:48 PM, said:

peace out

gibpilot

You're a moron.  They did willingly choose to stand up and risk (and eventually give) their lives.  They made a huge sacrifice...  No, they were not looking for it, but that is what makes it all the more heroic. THey were just normal Americans who sacrificed their lives for others.

Rgr. Instead of just sitting there and cowaring, they took action and prevented the terrorists from taking the plane and crashing it into their intended target.  Sure, they didn't have a choice of whether they were goin to die or not, but they did have a choice of what they were goin to hit on the way down.

BTW- Here is a reveiw by Ebert and Roeper.  They liked the movie a lot.

Edited by KVNY, 28 April 2006 - 04:59 PM.

#12 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:18 PM

The thing that really drives me crazy are the people who say 'it's too soon for a movie like this!' Did they say it was too soon for Fahrenheit 9/11, which was the most popular movie for 2004?

#13 Martel

Martel

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:25 PM

Sphagnum, on Apr 28 2006, 05:48 PM, said:

peace out

gibpilot

I'm the Moron?  :D  Sure Buddy!

What did they sacrifice?  
They were going to die either way.
My point is that; if they were able to make the choice before they boarded the airplane, whether or not they would sacrifice their lives....
You have one empty plane, as most of them would have cowarded out of it!

Therefore, it's wrong to say they sacrificed their lives, because they didn't.
They were murdered.

#14 Martel

Martel

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:31 PM

Zarquen, on Apr 28 2006, 05:54 PM, said:

Fact is, the passengers could have just sat in their seats and whimpered, but the made the CHOICE to fight back.

What would YOU have done in that situation?
Now for the other replies.
You obviously did not finish reading my post.

I, in no way questioned the bravery of the passengers who stood up against the terrorists!
So, what in the world are you trying to get at?

#15 Martel

Martel

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:37 PM

Also Sphagnum,

You say they were just "normal Americans".  
So, What!?  
Should we just forget about the non-Americans on that flight?
They don't matter because they weren't American?

#16 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:49 PM

but they made the CHOICE to fight back.

Edited by Zarquen, 28 April 2006 - 05:49 PM.

#17 Sphagnum

Sphagnum

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:13 PM

experimental_pilot, on Apr 28 2006, 03:25 PM, said:

Sphagnum, on Apr 28 2006, 05:48 PM, said:

peace out

gibpilot

I'm the Moron?  :D  Sure Buddy!

What did they sacrifice?  
They were going to die either way.
My point is that; if they were able to make the choice before they boarded the airplane, whether or not they would sacrifice their lives....
You have one empty plane, as most of them would have cowarded out of it!

Therefore, it's wrong to say they sacrificed their lives, because they didn't.
They were murdered.
Yes, they were murdered.  But you attempt to take away from them the greatness of what they did.  They knew they would probably die if they sat back and did nothing.  BUt they decided to do something and ENSURE they were gonna die for the sake of others.  What they did was truely great and you are a moron for diminishing that in any way.  You assume none of them would willingly give their lives to achieve what they did had they known what was going to happen when they took off, and i think that is absolutely wrong.  You are assuming them cowards and that makes you a  moron.

How about you give them respect enough not to downplay their courage? You don't know no one would step onto that plane knowing the outcome, you just assume they are cowards. You are an idiot.

#18 Sphagnum

Sphagnum

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

experimental_pilot, on Apr 28 2006, 03:37 PM, said:

Also Sphagnum,

You say they were just "normal Americans".  
So, What!?  
Should we just forget about the non-Americans on that flight?
They don't matter because they weren't American?
The emphasis is upon the word "normal", not Americans.  I don't know if they were all citizens or no, I assume they were.  Doesn't matter either way, they all lived here I'm pretty sure.

#19 B777_300ER

B777_300ER

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:44 PM

I really want to see United 93! Btw, where can I find trailers?

#20 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 08:01 PM

http://www.apple.com/trailers/