#61 Sphagnum

Sphagnum

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:01 AM

Marshall Carter, on Apr 29 2006, 06:29 PM, said:

Athough I agree with you, Sphagnum, how many politicians do you believe were still left in the White House or the Captiol Building at that point? We already know Bush wasn't there.
I do believe Congress was scheduled to be in session that morning.  I don't rememeber, don't have the care to look it up right now, but it's possible that they could have all been there an a large number of them died.  It's also possible that they were all in their offices and only a few died.  Who knows for sure.

#62 kewlceo

kewlceo

Download Manager\Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:32 AM

C172pilot, on Apr 29 2006, 10:34 PM, said:

wow.. Let's not be little kids here..

The fact is they did sacrifice their lives for the good of the country.. If they had not done something who knows what would of happened....
+1  :D

Edited by kewlceo, 30 April 2006 - 02:32 AM.

#63 tikiman06

tikiman06

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:19 PM

Sorry to bring this back. But I saw the movie today, and it was very well done. The end is very powerful and I found myself wanting to jump into the screen and help rip the hijackers apart.

I recommend everyone to go see it. Very sad and powerful.

#64 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

why does it have to be R rated  :D

#65 Sphagnum

Sphagnum

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:15 PM

Duramus, on Apr 30 2006, 07:34 PM, said:

why does it have to be R rated  :D
Beause life is often R rated.  Don't worry, it'll still be on DVD when you grow up...

#66 Fulcrum29

Fulcrum29

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:40 PM

I went and saw it yesterday, a very good and poweful movie.  Even though Im not an expert film critic, I give it 5 stars.  Best movie Ive seen in a while, I believe no other movie about 9/11 will top this one.  If you havent seen it yet and its playing near you, you need to go and see it.

Edited by Fulcrum29, 30 April 2006 - 11:41 PM.

#67 Satan

Satan

formerly powerbuddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:00 AM

No offense to the people who liked this movie, but i was completely devastated seeing it. The movie oh whats its named "United 93"?? Ok? Yeah? Then why 2/3 rd of the movie was shown other planes hitting the towers and scenes from the FAA/NORAD. Bloody pissed me off. This movie rattled so much about showing the courage of the people in the plane, but turned out to be a utter dissapointment. First of all, the passengers were not identified properly. I din't know who was who. It was so fast, that somtimes i felt - 'hey, where did this guy come from?' . Secondly most of the facts were bull crap. If anyone saw this movie and read the actual ATC transcripts, they differed a ###### lot!!!! The hijackers said "Lets take it down" or something in the end, but U93 ended up showing them mouth shut and muttering prayers. Half of them even dint wear Red Bandanas. It was so much off course. And i din't hear the historic "Let's roll" , coz it was a murmured in the movie. Yeah great! The cabin scene went on excruciatingly fast and was extremely innacurate. I think the A&E movie deserves much more appreciation for the orignality of the characters and the plot compared to United 93. Common even Ziad Jarrah dint look real. If you all remember he wore round glasses, and in the moive he was shown with frameless. Its high innacuracy just pissed the ###### out me. Sorry for my running emotions, but this movie was more of an insult, if one doesn't know the true facts.  :D

#68 Tim.

Tim.

Aviation Hotshot Dec-Feb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:19 AM

Savio, on May 1 2006, 02:00 PM, said:

No offense to the people who liked this movie, but i was completely devastated seeing it. The movie oh whats its named "United 93"?? Ok? Yeah? Then why 2/3 rd of the movie was shown other planes hitting the towers and scenes from the FAA/NORAD. Bloody pissed me off. This movie rattled so much about showing the courage of the people in the plane, but turned out to be a utter dissapointment. First of all, the passengers were not identified properly. I din't know who was who. It was so fast, that somtimes i felt - 'hey, where did this guy come from?' . Secondly most of the facts were bull crap. If anyone saw this movie and read the actual ATC transcripts, they differed a ###### lot!!!! The hijackers said "Lets take it down" or something in the end, but U93 ended up showing them mouth shut and muttering prayers. Half of them even dint wear Red Bandanas. It was so much off course. And i din't hear the historic "Let's roll" , coz it was a murmured in the movie. Yeah great! The cabin scene went on excruciatingly fast and was extremely innacurate. I think the A&E movie deserves much more appreciation for the orignality of the characters and the plot compared to United 93. Common even Ziad Jarrah dint look real. If you all remember he wore round glasses, and in the moive he was shown with frameless. Its high innacuracy just pissed the ###### out me. Sorry for my running emotions, but this movie was more of an insult, if one doesn't know the true facts.  :D
I'm sure theres a point were the film makers have to make money rather than getting everything correct.

#69 yuhuda

yuhuda

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:45 AM

i havent seen it but rather it be real. the flight tape was on aol to listen to.

#70 kewlceo

kewlceo

Download Manager\Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:04 AM

yuhuda, on May 1 2006, 08:45 AM, said:

i havent seen it but rather it be real. the flight tape was on aol to listen to.
Did you find that disturbing?

#71 Jaymeh

Jaymeh

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:14 AM

i have seent he trailer bt its bot released in england until 1st september which sucks but the film looks well made. There is alot of info at http://www.united93movie.com/

Simpson

#72 UKVoodoo

UKVoodoo

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:03 PM

If thats the case Tim then surely they shouldnt have made the film as the film would supposed to be in memory of the people who lost theyre lives, not about how much money they can make at the box office, this is the reason why tribute movies are always **** because everybody wants a slice of the money not what the film should actually be about

just my 2 pounds :D  mate and not a rant towards you in anyway

#73 tikiman06

tikiman06

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:19 PM

Savio, on May 1 2006, 10:00 AM, said:

You cant go through the whole movie not showing the ATC centers and other scenes from 9/11. They did pertain to UA 93. The reason they did not introduce the passengers is because the point was to have you feel like someone on the flight, working together with complete strangers.

Most of the facts were completly true.

I don't know about you, but I clearly heard the "Lets roll!"

The cabin scene was very well done. Do you think they just walked while overtaking the terrorists? The point was to have it rushed and hectic. Come on. And how can you say the cabin scene was completly unrealistic. To my knowledge, no one knows exactly what happened up there. So some imagination had to be used by the director.

#74 Satan

Satan

formerly powerbuddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

tikiman06, on May 1 2006, 06:19 PM, said:

Savio, on May 1 2006, 10:00 AM, said:

No offense to the people who liked this movie, but i was completely devastated seeing it. The movie oh whats its named "United 93"?? Ok? Yeah? Then why 2/3 rd of the movie was shown other planes hitting the towers and scenes from the FAA/NORAD. Bloody pissed me off. This movie rattled so much about showing the courage of the people in the plane, but turned out to be a utter dissapointment. First of all, the passengers were not identified properly. I din't know who was who. It was so fast, that somtimes i felt - 'hey, where did this guy come from?' . Secondly most of the facts were bull crap. If anyone saw this movie and read the actual ATC transcripts, they differed a ###### lot!!!! The hijackers said "Lets take it down" or something in the end, but U93 ended up showing them mouth shut and muttering prayers. Half of them even dint wear Red Bandanas. It was so much off course. And i din't hear the historic "Let's roll" , coz it was a murmured in the movie. Yeah great! The cabin scene went on excruciatingly fast and was extremely innacurate. I think the A&E movie deserves much more appreciation for the orignality of the characters and the plot compared to United 93. Common even Ziad Jarrah dint look real. If you all remember he wore round glasses, and in the moive he was shown with frameless. Its high innacuracy just pissed the ###### out me. Sorry for my running emotions, but this movie was more of an insult, if one doesn't know the true facts.  :D
You cant go through the whole movie not showing the ATC centers and other scenes from 9/11. They did pertain to UA 93. The reason they did not introduce the passengers is because the point was to have you feel like someone on the flight, working together with complete strangers.

Most of the facts were completly true.

I don't know about you, but I clearly heard the "Lets roll!"

The cabin scene was very well done. Do you think they just walked while overtaking the terrorists? The point was to have it rushed and hectic. Come on. And how can you say the cabin scene was completly unrealistic. To my knowledge, no one knows exactly what happened up there. So some imagination had to be used by the director.
LOL!!! You telling me Ziad Jarrah looked real? It was so fake. The only movie which depicted the real appearences of the terrorists was the hamburg cell. I bet you dint see A&E's Flight 93 , as it really showed what happened and the conversations between the passengers. Hey i am not saying the movie is bad. The NORAD and FAA scenes were awesome but that's not what i wanted to see. Why dint they rename the movie 9/11 or something. Why United 93 when only 30% of the coverage is dedicated to the movie and its passengers?

And yes they did know what happened, the telephonic conversations between the pax and the family prooved what happened in the flight.

Edited by Savio, 01 May 2006 - 06:28 PM.

#75 KVNY

KVNY

formerly tallboy2000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:06 PM

LOL!!! You telling me Ziad Jarrah looked real? It was so fake.
Well what do you want them do? Make clones of the terrorists and have them act in the movie?

The NORAD and FAA scenes were awesome but that's not what i wanted to see. Why dint they rename the movie 9/11 or something. Why United 93 when only 30% of the coverage is dedicated to the movie and its passengers?
Well how are they supposed to tell their story with out showing whats going on else where?

And yes they did know what happened, the telephonic conversations between the pax and the family prooved what happened in the flight.
They might have a basic timeline of what happened and know the basic atmosphere on board, but i'm sure they don't know %100 what happened and every single detail.

I think you should listen to Ebert and Roeper's reveiw of the movie as they seem to have analyzed it pretty well.  :D

Edited by KVNY, 01 May 2006 - 07:07 PM.