176 replies to this topic

#21 Haysie

Haysie

formerly spitfirelad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:00 AM

I have all mine on 8X, but I can't read Italian, so I'm just assuming that the two boards are "AntiAlias" and "Ansiotropic Filtering".

I'd slide both of them up to 8x, but then tell us what happens.

Will

#22 DanGQ

DanGQ

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:37 PM

Problem: Ghosting of cockpit in views with window above it specially with PSS aircrafts, black box and no aircraft preview.
Video Card Manufacturer: Nvidia/Dell
Video Card Model: Geforce 6800 PCI-E
BIOS Version: 05.41.02.34.05
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.20GHZ
Fix The Problem: It doesn't happen if I turn off the AA at the performance and quality settings in the nvidia control panel.
Drivers Version/Used: Almost all since june 2005, now I use 91.31

Edited by DanGQ, 25 August 2006 - 12:44 PM.

#23 CBL

CBL

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:37 AM

spitfirelad, on Aug 25 2006, 07:00 AM, said:

I have all mine on 8X, but I can't read Italian, so I'm just assuming that the two boards are "AntiAlias" and "Ansiotropic Filtering".

I'd slide both of them up to 8x, but then tell us what happens.

Will
Will My FS got slow loading aircraft texture :lol:  , but don't know if the aircraft size texture was heavy not sure :D ...was a 757 Delta (posky_757-200_delta_airlines_nnc.zip)

I have 1GB RAM
Asus A7N8X-X
GeForce FX5600 256DDR  

Thanx

Rafael

Edited by CBL, 26 August 2006 - 08:38 AM.

#24 RoniisH

RoniisH

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:49 AM

CBL, you should start saving up for a new graphics card, because your current one is.. outdated.

#25 CBL

CBL

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:50 PM

RoniisH, on Aug 26 2006, 09:49 AM, said:

CBL, you should start saving up for a new graphics card, because your current one is.. outdated.
Thats what I'm doing, what about a 512mb ddr?  :D

#26 flygirl

flygirl

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:00 PM

Hi all.  Is there any difference between widescreens or not  with the black box preview issue?

thanks
flygirl

#27 Haysie

Haysie

formerly spitfirelad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:54 PM

I'm running on a FX5100, I don't think it's out-dated. I hate it, though. :D

Will

#28 coffeebeans

coffeebeans

formerly MrDonovan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:02 PM

I can't post my stuff tonight, but I have the same problem with my 6200. It's annoying.

#29 skateosiris

skateosiris

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:28 PM

1.) Black box in aircraft preview
2.) NIVIDA
3.) GeForce AGP 6200OC 256MB DDR
4.) 5.44.A2.09
5.) AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+
6.) Negative
7.) 91.31

http://img227.images.../7287/fsty5.png

#30 coffeebeans

coffeebeans

formerly MrDonovan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:06 PM

I also cannot run VRC (VATSIM controller program).

#31 RevRaz

RevRaz

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:36 AM

I just found out for my 6600GT, I only see the Black Box while in Full Screen Mode, soon as I go to Window Mode, the plane graphic appears.

#32 coffeebeans

coffeebeans

formerly MrDonovan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

I called up tech support today, just for kicks. The only advice he gave me was to try different drivers. I never had the driver that came with my graphics card installed as I figured I'd pop in the latest. So I'm going to try that one right now. Wish me luck guys. :D I'm going from 9X.X to 61.1.

#33 89-LX

89-LX

Gallery Manager

• First Class Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

coffeebeans, on Sep 2 2006, 08:25 PM, said:

I called up tech support today, just for kicks. The only advice he gave me was to try different drivers. I never had the driver that came with my graphics card installed as I figured I'd pop in the latest. So I'm going to try that one right now. Wish me luck guys. :D I'm going from 9X.X to 61.1.
Tech support is idiots. They told me its a driver problem and to update. I told them its their programming. He then said its a bad video card. I said thousands of others have this problem, its not a bad vid card. Then he said its my drivers. We went through this loop about 50 times before I said he was an idiot.

#34 coffeebeans

coffeebeans

formerly MrDonovan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:54 PM

89-LX, on Sep 2 2006, 07:31 PM, said:

coffeebeans, on Sep 2 2006, 08:25 PM, said:

Tech support is idiots. They told me its a driver problem and to update. I told them its their programming. He then said its a bad video card. I said thousands of others have this problem, its not a bad vid card. Then he said its my drivers. We went through this loop about 50 times before I said he was an idiot.
I know it. I they just suck. I never had this problem with ATI, and I deeply regret switching to this card. I can't control on VATSIM, I can't go on multiplayer or VATSIM in FS without having to see some friggin black box thing underneath everything, I can't stand it. This shouldn't happen, they're a professional company. I gave them my money and their product doesn't work. I'm really thinking of trying to go to Circuit City and seeing if they'll let me exchange. I can't take this crap anymore.

Edit: Well I'm sitting here waiting for the next lower driver to download. I just tried running VRC, it works fine. Definately drivers.

Edited by coffeebeans, 02 September 2006 - 08:23 PM.

#35 Gondorff

Gondorff

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

I know I have all of 2 posts or so around here, but I had the same problems with the ghosting some have mentioned here. I was using one of the Nvidia beta drivers at the time. Now I'm using the 91.45 driver from Tweaks 'R' Us, and I haven't seen the ghosting like I did before. Once in a while I get a screen flash of some sort that seems to happen when Active Sky is updating, but compared to what I was getting, it's like night and day.

Long story short, Tweaks 'R' Us might be worth a shot.

#36 coffeebeans

coffeebeans

formerly MrDonovan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:13 PM

Gondorff, on Sep 3 2006, 01:32 PM, said:

I know I have all of 2 posts or so around here, but I had the same problems with the ghosting some have mentioned here. I was using one of the Nvidia beta drivers at the time. Now I'm using the 91.45 driver from Tweaks 'R' Us, and I haven't seen the ghosting like I did before. Once in a while I get a screen flash of some sort that seems to happen when Active Sky is updating, but compared to what I was getting, it's like night and day.

Gondorf I'm going to give this a try right now, I'll let you know if it works or not.

(PS, no matter what people may think, it's quality not quantity)

Edit: Didn't work for me, maybe I downloaded the incorrect one? Maybe you could provide a link to the one that you downloaded.

Edited by coffeebeans, 03 September 2006 - 09:37 PM.

#37 BigSpice1

BigSpice1

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:38 PM

coffeebeans, on Sep 3 2006, 06:13 PM, said:

Gondorff, on Sep 3 2006, 01:32 PM, said:

Gondorf I'm going to give this a try right now, I'll let you know if it works or not.

(PS, no matter what people may think, it's quality not quantity)

Edit: Didn't work for me, maybe I downloaded the incorrect one? Maybe you could provide a link to the one that you downloaded.
Ill be waitinf for those results!

#38 Gondorff

Gondorff

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:59 AM

Link: http://www.tweaksrus...=127&Itemid=41/

Sorry for the delay, been away for a while. Again, I'm using the 91.45 at the botom of the list. On this same page they now have the 91.47 driver which I haven't tried. Probably won't either, just because I'm kind of tired of this driver shell game. But if anyone does try it, I'd like to hear if it works.

#39 Tamiami Pilot

Tamiami Pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

Bought a nVidia card, and If I don't set the driver to adjust AA with game or whatever, I get the blackbox...

#40 Broxi

Broxi

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:41 AM

I've been following this closely as I have experienced various issues since installing the new Nvidia drivers for my FX5200, ok they are a bit outdated but performed ok considering I only have 3.2ghz Pen 4 and 1Gb Ram.

I don't get the ghosting effect however I have lost the ability of full screen mode, in so much as when I turn on full screen mode then the aircraft panel is presented out of proportion and the start up screen has reduced in size considerably.
On the plus side when flying in windows mode the frame rates have increased by a small amount but I find the task/tool bars annoying.

I wish I new more about PC's and never installed them now.

Will switching the AA AF off make a diffrence?