29 replies to this topic

#1 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:28 AM

Ok i downloaded VTBS.zip, installed it and i looks fantastic but..... No runways or taxi ways !!! What am i missing here ?

Patience is a virtue

#2 yuhuda

yuhuda

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:19 AM

huh? rephrase

#3 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:12 AM

Ok good point, apart from the obvious, what files have not been copied over or missing ? does that rephrase make more sense ?

#4 Jayhawk

Jayhawk

formerly Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:17 AM

probably missing...get Timest Re PRO and copie the Runway and taxiiway textures...or some other..

#5 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:34 AM

done that, looks even better but without any runways and taxi ways !!

#6 Jayhawk

Jayhawk

formerly Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:38 AM

judge, on Sep 27 2006, 01:34 PM, said:

done that, looks even better but without any runways and taxi ways !!
hmmm sounds very strange...think I have heard about this before..something with either Fs9.cfg or some bad overwrited textures in your main Texture folder..

try to get the default textures from (I think) CD,3 copie and overwrite and then add your new textures

#7 bluewolf

bluewolf

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:05 PM

If you go to the scenery section, has it been added?  If it has, is there an airport, and region? The scenery settings have priorities, and they act like layers.  So its possible that a layer is higher and obscuring the runway details. Its also possible that it wasn't added properly, or all of it wasn't added.

#8 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:36 PM

judge, this is the second Thai airport scenery you've had problems with (other thread, VTBD).  From which site are you downloading these things?

#9 Cyberscorpion

Cyberscorpion

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:41 PM

You are probably missing the afcad file (if it is a scenery that you are having problems with), you could try searching for the file in avsim.

#10 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:47 PM

sarge, on Sep 27 2006, 12:36 PM, said:

judge, this is the second Thai airport scenery you've had problems with (other thread, VTBD).  From which site are you downloading these things?
siamavsim.com is the site. let me show u the unzipped Vtbs2006.zip content.

* Scenery - vtbs.zip - vtbs folder - scenery & texture
* Modules - Atigate.dll
* iavo_ivac_sector_vtbbcr (empty)
* Charts (empty)
* airac_update_O607 (empty)

Beautiful airport buildings, gates etc, but no runways or taxiways

#11 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

Okay; let's see if we can work this step-by-step .....

judge, on Sep 27 2006, 10:47 PM, said:

* Scenery - vtbs.zip - vtbs folder - scenery & texture
Alright.  You should be able to unzip this file, and (if the designer followed standard protocol) you should wind up with three folders:

{whatever your FS9 directory is}/AddOn Scenery/VTBS
{whatever your FS9 directory is}/AddOn Scenery/VTBS/Scenery
{whatever your FS9 directory is}/AddOn Scenery/VTBS/Texture

* Modules - Atigate.dll
Move or copy/paste the .dll into:

{whatever your FS9 directory is}/Modules

* iavo_ivac_sector_vtbbcr (empty)
* Charts (empty)
* airac_update_O607 (empty)
Do whatever you want with these three; there's nothing in them, and they are not part of FS9's file structure so FS9 won't even look in them for anything.

Now, once you've got those folders/files where they are supposed to be, look inside the {whatever your FS9 directory is}/AddOn Scenery/VTBS/Scenery folder.  You should find a file named AF2_VTBS.bgl (or a file that starts with AF2_ at least).  That is the AFCAD file for the airport with the runways, taxiway, and parking ramps.  If that file is not there, that's why you aren't getting anything in the scenery.  If that file IS there, you need to email either siamavsim.com admin or the VTSB designer -- something has been left out of the package.

#12 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for your patience. Ok checked all that. Only found a file called afcad-vtbs.bgl in the scenery folder  but no AF2_. Is that the one or should i find somewhere else to redownload the package with the proper files needed ?

#13 Guest_johnfromoz_*

Guest_johnfromoz_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:56 PM

As I don't have that VTBS scenery I'm just thinking out loud here, but do you also have "Jetways & Terminals For ACOF Package Eight" (jtacof_8.zip at AVSIM) installed? It has a variety of exclude files in it which relate to this airport.
Perhaps you have seen this thread; http://www.siamavsim...opic&t=638#3116 which makes me wonder if the problem is related to Jetways & Terminals and the VTBS scenery not being compatible with each other.
There are some other threads at the same forum on this topic. Some problems also seem to have been related to the airport needing a flatten patch or flatten line in the scenery.cfg.

Edited by johnfromoz, 27 September 2006 - 11:03 PM.

#14 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:58 PM

It is probably an AFCAD problem. However, if Sarge didn't mention above, this would best belong in Technical Discussion, as youw ould be more apt to get more, better, and quicker responses :D

#15 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:34 PM

judge, on Sep 27 2006, 11:45 PM, said:

Thanks for your patience. Ok checked all that. Only found a file called afcad-vtbs.bgl in the scenery folder  but no AF2_. Is that the one or should i find somewhere else to redownload the package with the proper files needed ?
Hmmmm .... try this and see what happens -- Make a copy of the afcad-vtbs.bgl file in another directory (outside of your FS9 directory, so there's no chance of FS9 trying to read it).  Now, rename the file that's in the AddOn Scenery/VTBS/Scenery folder, naming it AF2_VTBS.bgl, and then create a flight there.  If that file IS the AFCAD for VTBS, FS9 should recognize it and present the runways, taxiways, and parking ramps.

If it doesn't work after that, there are a few other things we can try -- like checking the ground elevation in the sim versus the airport elevation that is in the AFCAD.  (Do you have Lee Swordy's AFCAD v2.21?  It's available here in the Downloads area; you'll need that to open the AFCAD and check the data that's there.)  Just out of curiosity, what other files with a .bgl extension are in the VTBS/Scenery folder?

It definitely isn't a problem with the default scenery, since there is no VTBS in the default FS9 airports (only VTBD).

(NOTE:  TaterSalad is correct (almost  :D ).  I'm moving this thread into the AFCAD forum, since that appears to be the problem with the package.)

#16 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:35 PM

sarge, on Sep 27 2006, 11:34 PM, said:

(NOTE:  TaterSalad is correct (almost  :D ).  I'm moving this thread into the AFCAD forum, since that appears to be the problem with the package.)
Aww! Just call me Tater, Sarge :lol:

#17 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 01:59 AM

Ok thanks again for your help, i will make the change as suggested and see if that helps. the other files are:

apron_*.bgl (9 files)
dock_*.bgl (2 files)
term_*.bgl (32 files)
Elev_*.bgl (1 file)
Gen*_*.bgl (4 files)
light.bgl

#18 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:21 AM

Ok did that, and now still no runways etc, and now when i load VTBS, my aircraft is hovering about 20ft of the ground  :D

#19 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:13 AM

judge, on Sep 28 2006, 03:21 AM, said:

Ok did that, and now still no runways etc, and now when i load VTBS, my aircraft is hovering about 20ft of the ground  :D
Okay.  Believe it or not, this is progress.   :lol:   There's a .bgl file in that package that is making FS9 "think" the airport is located above ground.

There is either (1) a difference in the AFCAD's field elevation and the sim's field elevation, or (2) a difference in a flatten zone's field elevation and the sim's field elevation.  Looking at those file names, it's hard to tell if the AF2_ or Elev_ or Gen_ .bgl file needs to be corrected.  (At this stage of our knowledge, I'm leaning to the side that says the product was not properly beta tested.  This is a significant error in the design and should have been caught right away.)  If you try to fix it yourself using Lee Swordy's AFCAD v2.21, you could be at it for a week or more.

Contact the download site and/or the designer (should be an email address for him somewhere in that package) and describe the problem.  The designer needs to make a patch for that scenery to correct the differences in field elevation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added Info:  Looking through the forums on siamavsim.com, here's what is being said over there:

1.  There's a problem between VTBS and Jan Martin's updated jetways.  Remove the Jan Martin package from your FS9.

2.  There's a conflict between VTBS2006 and VTBD2003; be sure you have VTBD2006 v1.5 and remove any other VTBD you may have.  You'll have to reload VTBS2006 and VTBD 2006 v1.5, after you make whatever changes you need to make.

3.  Add the following to your scenery.cfg file (it's in your main FS9 directory):

[Area.699]
Title=ThlSuvarnabhumiVTBS2006
Layer=699
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=C:\fs2004\Addon Scenery\Thailand\ThlSuvarnabhumiVTBS2006
Remote=
Flatten.0=5.0,N13 39.15,E100 45.32,N13 39.55,E100 43.65,N13 42.90,E100 44.76,N13 42.54

See if any of that works for you.

Edited by sarge, 28 September 2006 - 10:55 AM.

#20 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:03 PM

Thanks again for your help. Ok did all of the baove, with amusing results: firtsly when i load fs9 an error message appears

Scenery.cfg error. Too few flattern arguements in area 699 Format should be Flattern ? + Alt, Lat1.Lon1, Lat2, Lon2, Lat3.Lon3.Lat4.Lon4. once in, the aircraft is about 500 feet off the ground. I tried to find the afcad file in AFCAD but does not appear to be one. it see's the airport in the airport list, once opened, it just shows a grid and a pink dot !!