29 replies to this topic

#21 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:22 PM

judge, on Sep 28 2006, 10:03 PM, said:

Thanks again for your help. Ok did all of the baove, with amusing results: firtsly when i load fs9 an error message appears

Scenery.cfg error. Too few flattern arguements in area 699 Format should be Flattern ? + Alt, Lat1.Lon1, Lat2, Lon2, Lat3.Lon3.Lat4.Lon4. once in, the aircraft is about 500 feet off the ground. I tried to find the afcad file in AFCAD but does not appear to be one. it see's the airport in the airport list, once opened, it just shows a grid and a pink dot !!
Sorry 'bout that .... my bad.  The last line should be:

Flatten.0=5.0,N13 39.15,E100 45.32,N13 39.55,E100 43.65,N13 42.90,E100 44.76,N13 42.54,E100 46.30

The highlighted part at the end was missing off my first post; it's the final coordinate that makes the flatten statement complete.  Add that to what you have already and see what happens.

#22 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:50 PM

Ok, thx atleast that got my plane back on the ground. But still no runways etc. I opened vtbs in AFCAD program but therewas only an empty grid to stare at and a pink dot. I download and installed jatcof 8&9 zip files but still no AF2 file visible for vtbs.

If you get tired of this, don't worry, i can always reinstall fs9, as i don't have many addons anyway as i only fly around the mekong region generally

#23 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:27 AM

Ok something very strange happening now. i removed the vtbs and vtdb and various other things related to vtbs and vtdb from the addon libary, and started the fs9 and amazingly there were runways and taxiways at the vtbs airport but no scenery(building etc) and also i can now  see the runways etc  in AFCAD programe ??. Tried to add vtbs again and then beautiful airport again and now runways !! what am i doing wrong ?

#24 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:47 AM

Sarge. i don't know how, and don't ask me, but it seems to righted it'self !! the second restart of fs9 must have reshuffled the files and now i have runways, taxi ways and an airport with gates etc.

Thank you so much for your help, and i hope i won't have to 'bug' you with any further 'mysteries'

#25 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:49 AM

judge, on Sep 29 2006, 02:47 AM, said:

Sarge. i don't know how, and don't ask me, but it seems to righted it'self !! the second restart of fs9 must have reshuffled the files and now i have runways, taxi ways and an airport with gates etc.

Thank you so much for your help, and i hope i won't have to 'bug' you with any further 'mysteries'
:D  Not bugging me .... figuring out what other designers did wrong and how to correct it, or what mis-steps the designers included in their installation routines and how to correct them, helps me avoid making the same mistakes with my military bases.

That second FS9 restart is probably what did the trick.  When you remove something, without deleting the area from the FS9 Scenery Library, the original data is still in the scenery.cfg file.  When you make changes, delete the folder from the FS9 Scenery Library, close FS9, re-open FS9, add it back into the Scenery Library, close FS9, then restart FS9.

Glad you got it working.

#26 judge

judge

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

Ok as i'm not bugging you :D , how do i now get taxi way marking on the taxi ways without loosing my airport ? i'm very nervous about touching vtbs now that i have the basics in place.

#27 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:56 PM

judge, on Sep 29 2006, 11:04 PM, said:

Ok as i'm not bugging you :lol: , how do i now get taxi way marking on the taxi ways without loosing my airport ? i'm very nervous about touching vtbs now that i have the basics in place.
If you've got your taxiways up, with textures (not just white or gray shapes), then the designer may not have put any markings on them.  It's also possible that one or more texture files were omitted from the package.  If it's the first one, then the only way to put markings there would be to make your own textures and overwrite the designer's textures.  If it's the first one, you'd have to get the missing textures from the designer.

Just to be sure, if the original package was a .zip file, open it with WinRAR and look at the Texture folder inside; count how many texture files are in that folder.  Then look at the FS9 \AddOn Scenery\VTBS\Texture folder and make sure you have the same number of files.  If the installation was automatic via a .exe file, then something was left out of the package before you got it.

Is there a screenshot of VTBS showing the taxiways with markings?  If so, and you have DTXbmp, you can open the individual texture files in the \AddOn Scenery\VTBS\Texture folder and look through them to see if the taxiway markings are in there.  That will give us a clue as to what the next step should be.

(Sorry for the delay in replying; my lady came in from Arizona Thursday night and I've been a bit ...... pre-occupied.   :lol: )

Edited by sarge, 02 October 2006 - 09:56 PM.

#28 tevans

tevans

Commercial Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:00 AM

judge, on Sep 30 2006, 05:04 AM, said:

Ok as i'm not bugging you :D , how do i now get taxi way marking on the taxi ways without loosing my airport ? i'm very nervous about touching vtbs now that i have the basics in place.
try not to overdo it :lol:  j/k

nice to see things getting fixed, me and AFCAD have issues..although its mainly FS9 Autogen issues really :lol:

and sarge, hope ya had fun :jawdrop:

#29 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:39 AM

tevans, on Oct 13 2006, 09:00 AM, said:

and sarge, hope ya had fun :lol:
A gentleman never tells.   :D   Suffice it to say, she left the following Monday, but has scheduled a return engagement 15 Nov with an end-date 2 weeks later.   :lol:

#30 peter10

peter10

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:01 PM

That's weird  :lol:

Peter  :lol: